Search the best hotels in Bénodet
Meaning ‘mouth of the Odet’ in Breton, Bénodet is perched near where the Odet River meets the sea in south-west Brittany. A popular spot for sailing, savouring seafood and basking in the sunshine at the beach, this is a wonderfully relaxing destination for a holiday with family and friends, or as a couple. Our selection of accommodation options includes historic farmhouses and harbourside hotels, well-suited to a range of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Bénodet are small and intimate — perfect for a tranquil French break.
If you’re dreaming of long, lazy beach days, look to Kermoor, Beg Meil and Mousterlin. The area is also known for its great sailing and fishing. Enjoy boat trips to the Glenan Islands, or explore the Breton coastline by bicycle, on horseback or on foot: you can expect marked trails and beautiful views. Golfers will delight in playing a round at the picturesque Cornouaille Golf Club, whilst the rest of the group unwinds with yoga and spa treatments in town.
Come evening, hop across to the pretty harbour of Sainte-Marine for drinks and dinner. Some of the best places to stay in Bénodet have delicious waterfront seafood restaurants. Where better to round off your day?
The Best Places to Stay in Bénodet
For Rural Charm
- La Férme de Kerscuntec offers a characterful rural stay on a historic cider farm, inland from Bénodet. The five rooms are spacious and romantic, perfect for a couples' escape, or a laid-back trip with friends. Free-standing tubs are a treat.
For Seafood & Harbour Views
- Hôtel et Bistrot du Bac encapsulates the area's classic seaside vibe, with lovely blue-and-white rooms overlooking Sainte-Marine harbour. The relaxed eatery offers delicious regional dishes, with a focus on freshly caught seafood. Simple and welcoming.
- Villa Tri Men promises an indulgent harbourside stay with three family-friendly cottages and 16 rooms in a 1913-built residence. The other highlight is Les Trois Rochers, the hotel's fabulous Michelin-starred restaurant, where Chef Frédéric Claquin and his team serve gourmet seafood. A foodie & family favourite in Sainte-Marine.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Brest Bretagne Airport, just over an hour from Bénodet. Travel onwards by car, train or bus via the city of Quimper.
- Brittany is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking at around 20°C in July and August — though this is the busiest time of year. For a quieter trip, consider visiting in May or September, although the weather will be cooler.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Quimper.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Brittany.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bénodet
Best Hotels in Bénodet
La Ferme de Kerscuntec Bénodet (Kerscuntec) 5 rooms from $122Romantic BreakLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
Gorgeous farmhouse B&B with beautiful gardens. Elegant contemporary bedrooms with parquet floors, white washed walls, bathrooms with huge bath tubs, and private terraces onto the gardens. A romantic spot for couples. See More
Villa Tri Men Bénodet (Sainte Marine) 20 rooms from $143Families - Cottages are perfect family sized, minutes from the beach, something for everyone in a laid back atmosphereSights nearby - Quimper Cathedral; The coastal battery and FortGreat walks - Benodet Beach is very close bySailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
A modern hotel on the coast. Contemporary rooms are finished with seaside furnishings and wooden floors. Outstanding seafood cuisine, elegant bar and library area, large gardens. Full of light, fireplaces and coastal breezes. The ultimate choice for a seaside family holiday. See More
Hotel et Bistrot du Bac Bénodet 11 rooms from $145Local exploring - A cosy and picturesque base for exploring Brittany.Foodies - Gorge on local seafood overlooking the harbour.Fishing - Spend a day fishing on the Glénan Islands.Great walks - Take a gentle stroll along the coast.
A quaint small hotel a-top of a seafood bistro overlooking the picturesque harbour. Charming nautical themed rooms with large windows, blue and white colouring and pretty tiled bathrooms. Dine on fresh seafood bought straight from the local catch. A wonderfully quintessentially French experience. See More