The Hotel Guru is my “go to” site for hotel recommendations Rebecca Terrazas.
Search the best hotels in Les Andelys
About Les Andelys
Nestling peacefully beside a meander of the Seine River that snakes around in the shape of a crescent moon, between limestone cliffs and slopes, is one of the most enchanting spots in the northern half of France - Les Andelys. Two communities once divided by marshland but united during the French revolution, it dates back to the Roman era when it was an important religious site; the imposing, towering castle, the Chateau Gaillard, was built by Richard the Lionheart in the 12th century and it dominates the landscape like a castle plucked from the pages of a children's storybook. The perfect place to go for history lovers, culture vultures, and sightseeing families alike, it boasts several museums, a concert hall, art gallery and romantic walkway along the Seine River. The best places to stay in Les Andelys tend to be small boutique properties, ideal for an authentic feel.
What not to miss
- Visit the 12th century Chateau Gaillard, built by Richard the Lionheart.
- Take a romantic sunlit stroll along the banks of the Seine River.
- Book a tour of the castle.
- Check out the Collegiate Church of Our Lady, and admire the ornate blend of Gothic and Renaissance styles - particularly, the 16th century stained glass windows.
- Head 2km out of town towards Tosny and see the Museum of the Second World War.
- Take in a concert at the Salle des Fetes des Andelys, a concert hall.
Full of culture, Les Andelys is a great place to get-away-from-it-all and unwind amidst the arms of nature and history. Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Les Andelys to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Les Andelys
- La Canotiere is a gorgeous timbered B&B. Rustic chic rooms and a family suite. White walls, wooden beamed ceilings, white furnishings, stone flagged floors, and modern art works. Very stylish and great value.
- Le Moulin de Connelles is an elegant hotel in the countryside stunningly set on an island of the Seine. Charming rooms feature oak furniture and mosaic bathrooms. There's an outdoor pool, sunny terrace and gardens to enjoy as well as excellent French cuisine which changes with the seasons. Traditional, pretty and peaceful.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has at least one self catering option in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer, when the temperature ranges between 12 and 24 degrees.
- Fly to Charles des Gaulle International Airport in Paris, and take a train from Paris St. Lazare to Gaillon Abevoye - an hour-long journey - from where you can take a short taxi ride to Les Andelys.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars. Take the A13 northwest out of Paris, following the Seine River, and when you reach Gaillon, take the D316 northeast until you reach Les Andelys.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Normandy
- or France
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Les Andelys
La Canotiere Les Andelys 2 rooms from $94
A gorgeous timbered B&B. Rustic chic rooms and a family suite. White walls, wooden beamed ceilings, white furnishings, stone flagged floors, and modern art works. Very stylish and great value.Value chicSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Great walks - Good for walkers.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Le Moulin de Connelles Les Andelys 12 rooms from $154
An elegant hotel in the countryside stunningly set on an island of the Seine. Charming rooms feature oak furniture and mosaic bathrooms. Outdoor pool, sunny terrace and gardens to enjoy. Excellent French cuisine which changes with the seasons. Traditional, pretty and peaceful.Country Escape - Picturesque setting along the River Seine for bike rides, rowing, walking and sailingSights nearby - Notre Dame Cathedral of Rouen; Monet's House is 30 minutes awayGreat walks - Along the river canal pathsSailing - On Lake MesnilRecommended by - Michelin Travel, Sawdays