Search the best hotels in Aspen
Aspen is a heady cocktail of snowy, backcountry beauty, strenuous physical challenges and clever chatter, topped off with dashes of wealth and glamour. There’s so many great adventures on offer here, and so many possible ways to enjoy yourself that there’s not one clear notion of the best places to stay in Aspen, it really depends on why you’re here. If you’re here to ski then the best places will be the ski lodges closest to the three main lifts. But if you’re here to escape then the best places for you are a bit further out of town in amongst the extravagant scenery.
What Not To Miss
- Make the most of the world-class skiing with a huge number of runs catering to skiers of all abilities. All of which is done against the backdrop of the dramatic Rocky Mountains.
- Or go cycling and hiking to your hearts content with great trails providing visitors with exciting and memorable experiences in equal measure.
- You can even go sailing or kayaking at some times of year.
- The huge wildlife sanctuary that is the Aspen Centre for Environmental Studies - providing a fascinating educational experience for visitors.
- Alternatively, visit the Ice Age Discovery Centre where they exhibit an unearthed mammoth’s tusk!
The resort is an extremely busy place, especially during the ski season, so if you want to be sure of a bed in one of the best places to stay in Aspen, do yourself a favour and book well ahead!
- The Little Nell is a wonderful haven for outdoors-folk come summer or winter. There are 92 large, modern rooms - some with fireplaces and mountain views. There’s an Italian restaurant and a spa and pool with mountain views.
For great value
- The Limelight Hotel is in a prime position just a short walk to town and offers a large collection of generous sized rooms and self-catered apartments. It's restaurant boasts a great seasonal menu and a very family friendly atmosphere.
For Old West style elegance
- The Hotel Jerome is an elegant ‘old west’ inspired hotel in the heart of Aspen. There are around 90 eco-friendly rooms, nicely decorated communal spaces and a popular restaurant, bar and spa.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties - from the edge of the slopes to the centre of the town.
- Fly to Denver International Airport located 354km (220 miles) from Aspen. Although Aspen does have a small airport, it only caters to small planes so visitors may be better flying to Denver.
- There are also scheduled bus services to Aspen from Denver International Airport.
- If you want to rent a car, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - December to February offer fantastic conditions for those skiers wanting to carve up the mountain. Alternatively, if you want to experience the summer activities Aspen has to offer, June to August is a great time to visit.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Aspen,
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Snowmass - just down the road,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Aspen
Best Hotels in Aspen
Limelight Hotel Aspen (Colorado) 126 rooms from $150Skiing - Aspen has four mountains to ski on in the winter months - Brilliant for skiing, snowboarding, cross country and powder tours.Great walks - There are great walking trails which can be explored during the summer months.Sights nearby - Smuggler Mine for some history of mining in the local areas of ColoradoKayaking - Summer months the lakes and rivers are great for canoes and kayaks.
Contemporary home-from-home self-catered apartments or rooms offer prime location for the mountains, an outdoor pool and walking distance to town. Large rooms with bathrooms and all mod-cons. The Lounge has happy hour served with a seasonal inspired menu. Great choice for family adventures. See More
W Aspen Downtown Aspen 88 rooms from $250Skiing - The hotel boasts a ski pass vendor, ski-to-door access, and a ski school, hire, and storage facilityActive Holiday - Ideally situated for the quintessential Aspen skiing trip at the foot of the slopesCity Style - Incredibly stylish accommodation in the trendy Downtown areaSights nearby - The Mill Street Fountain is a short walk away and the hotel offers great views of Aspen's famous mountain ranges
Quirky, cool and ultra-modern, this psychedelic Aspen hotel offers comforable and super-stylish rooms for a range of party sizes. Boasting a range of dining and drinks options, surrounded by typically thrilling scenery, the eye-popping W Aspen is ideal for ski tripping and outdoorsy couples. See More
Hotel Jerome Aspen 94 rooms from $365Eco break - Rooms have recycling bins, taps and toilets are all low-flow, LED bulbs are used, and other eco-friendly features are in placeActive Holiday - There are 75 trails at Aspen Mountain, or you can whitewater raft, or hike up the Maroon Bells, amongst many other activitiesSpa - 3 treatment rooms with natural treatments inspired by the Roaring Fork ValleySwimming Pool - The outdoor heated pool is open year-roundRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Elegant hotel in the heart of Aspen, with Old West-inspired atmosphere and decor combined with contemporary features. The comfortable rooms are furnished with rich fabrics, and the communal spaces are elaborately and authentically decorated. The restaurant, bar and spa are all popular and sleek. See More
The Little Nell Aspen (Colorado) 92 rooms from $685Sights nearby - Get your camera and capture the 14,000 feet high Maroon Peaks overlooking Maroon Lake.Fishing - Fly Fishing on the Roaring Fork River.Lively - Hip and happening.Views - Great views from hotel
Stunning views, luxury features in the heart of Aspen - a winter and summer nature haven. Large modern rooms, notably comfortable with fireplace and mountain or city views. Element 47 offers farm fresh Italian cuisine with a fine wine list. Relax at the spa, by the pool or explore the mountains. See More
St Regis Aspen Aspen 257 rooms from $823Active Holiday - Ski and snowboard in winter, or hike, kayak and mountain-bike in summer; Aspen offers stunning outdoor activities all year roundSkiing - Famous the world over, Aspen has a myriad of runs for all levels. The hotel is right next to the gondola and slope 1ALocal exploring - Those not keen on the outdoors will love exploring the historic town centre, window shopping and visiting galleriesTotal relaxation - This indulgent property has relaxation on the menu; outdoor pool, extensive spa, great dining & beautiful groundsRecommended by - Tablet
Super-luxe resort situated in a regal red-brick building at the foot of Aspen mountain. Plush Ralph Lauren decor, Frette linen and slope views make up classic contemporary rooms. Endless outdoor pursuits, 3 restaurants, heated pool and deluxe spa are on offer. Perfect for families & couples alike. See More