- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Austria
Best Hotels in Austria
- (1 hotels) Achenkirch hotels
- (1 hotels) Afiesl hotels
- (2 hotels) Alpbach hotels
- (1 hotels) Alpendorf hotels
- (2 hotels) Altenmarkt hotels
- (5 hotels) Bad Gastein hotels
- (2 hotels) Bad Kleinkirchheim hotels
- (1 hotels) Bernstein im Bergenland hotels
- (1 hotels) Berwang hotels
- (1 hotels) Bodensdorf hotels
- (3 hotels) Carinthia hotels
- (1 hotels) Ehrenhausen hotels
- (1 hotels) Ehrwald hotels
- (3 hotels) Ellmau hotels
- (1 hotels) Feldkirch hotels
- (1 hotels) Filzmoos hotels
- (1 hotels) Fiss hotels
- (1 hotels) Golling hotels
- (1 hotels) Gostling hotels
- (5 hotels) Graz hotels
- (1 hotels) Grossarl hotels
- (1 hotels) Hinterthal hotels
- (5 hotels) Innsbruck hotels
- (1 hotels) Ischgl hotels
- (1 hotels) Kaltenbach hotels
- (1 hotels) Kaprun hotels
- (9 hotels) Kitzbuhel hotels
- (1 hotels) Langenlois hotels
- (12 hotels) Lech hotels
- (2 hotels) Leogang hotels
- (2 hotels) Mayrhofen hotels
- (1 hotels) Neustift hotels
- (5 hotels) Obergurgl hotels
- (2 hotels) Obertauern hotels
- (3 hotels) Saalbach-Hinterglemm hotels
- (17 hotels) Salzburg hotels
- (1 hotels) Schutzen am Gebirge hotels
- (1 hotels) Schwarzenberg hotels
- (2 hotels) Seefeld hotels
- (1 hotels) Solden hotels
- (1 hotels) Soll hotels
- (1 hotels) Spitz hotels
- (21 hotels) St Anton hotels
- (1 hotels) St Christoph am Arlberg hotels
- (2 hotels) St Johann in Tirol hotels
- (1 hotels) St Wolfgang hotels
- (1 hotels) Tux hotels
- (1 hotels) Velden am Worthersee hotels
- (27 hotels) Vienna hotels
- (1 hotels) Weissensee hotels
- (4 hotels) Zell am See hotels
- (1 hotels) Zell am Ziller hotels
- (3 hotels) Zurs hotels
Saint Shermin 10 rooms from $63Vienna
A boutique bed and breakfast hotel in the heart of Vienna with a personal atmosphere and welcoming staff. A home away from home with large rooms and everyday comforts. Close to lots of local bars and restaurants, a good spot to explore this culture filled city and great value too.Great walks - Spend a day in the Vienna WoodsSights nearby - Belvedere Palace
Hotel Daniel 116 rooms from $74Vienna
A refreshing hotel. Minimalist, earthy, and focused on saving the environment. All white rooms speckled with neutral colours, fantastic bakery and restaurant, lovely terrace, beehives on the rooftop and vespas to rent. A modern traveller's dream and great value - but think Green Peace hip.Sit-out TerraceValue chicCity StyleSights nearby - 15 mins walk to the city centre. Schloss Belvedere and the Botanical Gardens are close by.
Hotel Schweiger 151 rooms from $99St Anton
Opened in 2013, the Hotel Schweiger enjoys a great ski in ski out location, quietly situated above the village. Well-priced with contemporary but cosy rooms, suites and an apartment for five. Generous afternoon tea in the sunny 'Lichtbrick' breakfast room with panoramic views.Restaurant - Restaurant Griabli close by is open daily from 10.00 to 23.00 for Alpine menu for lunch and dinnerHotel - Winter or summer the hotel is open with plenty of activities all year roundViews - Panoramic mountain viewsLively area - In the thick of the action.
Hotel Rundeck 27 rooms from $101St Anton
Family-run chalet. Contemporary rooms have dark wood furniture, floor-to-ceiling windows, modern bathrooms and leather touches. Apartments have kitchen and large living space. Spa, saunas, gym and games room; child's playground in the garden. Simple, quiet and lovely.Families - In a quiter part of town, and run by hands-on owners, this is ideal family spot for facilities, atmosphere and locationViews - Great views from hotelSpa
Gästehaus im Priesterseminar 47 rooms from $61Salzburg
This simple guest house has minimalist, comfortable bedrooms with large windows and en suite bathrooms. A great location, just five minutes walk from the Mirabell Palace and Gardens. Fantastic for those on a budget looking to explore the surrounding Austrian beauty.Value chic - Great value accommodation in the centre of SalzburgLocal markets - Explore local marketsSights nearby - Hohensalzburg Castle
Haus St Benedikt 30 rooms from $69Salzburg
This charming hotel, run by a religious order, is a haven of calm. Large simple rooms with just enough asceticism, and breakfast with the monks. Quiet, but minutes from the historic sites. A tranquil place for city adventurers to rest.Hideaway - A tranquil space, away from the hustle and bustle of the city set in the St Peter's Abbey complex.Great walks - Wander the narrow cobbled lanes of the Old Town, filled with fascinating sights and cafes.Sights nearby - Just minutes from the DOM, Fortress and Nonnberg Abbey.Full of character - Guests share the guesthouse with monks in training
Pension Fortuna 14 rooms from $48Lech
A charming traditional property with gorgeous mountain views. Cosy wood panelled rooms with private balconies. Homely Austrian cuisine served in the restaurant. A sauna provides a space for some post-activity indulgence. Numerous activities to keep all entertained year-round. A lovely alpine spot.Skiing - Acess to an enormous resort with 94 ski lifts and cable cars in one ski-pass.Active Holiday - A plethora of activities to choose from with something to keep everyone busy.Value chic - Incredible value, especially in the summer monthsViews - Great views from hotel
Hotel Staefeli 14 rooms from $160Lech
A great Four Star hotel just outside Lech. Contemporary elegant rooms, suites and apartments with all the modern gadgetry and private balconies. Excellent wellness centre and restaurant. A very comfortable choice for all skiers.SkiingGroupsFamiliesActive Holiday
Villa Licht 11 rooms from $160Kitzbuhel
A very sporting hotel in the town centre. Well equipped for winter and summer, very family friendly apartments and suites, traditional in style. A great no frills choice for families, groups and sportsmen.Skiing - All main lifts are very close by.Hills & mountainsGroupsFamilies
Grand Tirolia Kitzbuhel 82 rooms from $163Kitzbuhel
A Five Star resort on one of the most beautiful 18 hole golf courses in the world. Fantastic designer rooms and suites combine the old and new for chic effect. Excellent spa and gourmet restaurants. A luxury choice for the avid sportsman.Golf - Located in the heart of the Eichenheim golf course one of Europe's nicest.Views - Wonderful views over Kitzbuhel and the surrounding mountains.Skiing - A shuttle service deposits you at the liftsActive HolidayRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Haus Hirt 30 rooms from $91Bad Gastein
A stunning alpine hotel focused on wellness. Simple, contemporary design using neutral tones and wood with plenty of light creates a tranquil environment. Large glass fronted walls make the most of spectacular views. A gorgeous Aveda spa and organic cuisine. A mountain delight.Active Holiday - From skiing to yoga or golf there's a bevy of activities in and out of the hotel to keep everyone active.Spa breaks - Enjoy the small, but perfectly formed, spa with glorious alpine views and Aveda products.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Alpenblick 32 rooms from $109Bad Gastein
A quaint hotel with great alpine views, simple, well-appointed rooms and family suites. Hearty Austrian cuisine to hit the spot after a day outdoors. A stunning outdoor pool and thermal baths provide relaxation in true Bad Gastein style. The great value makes this an ideal choice for families.Families - Family suites, epic views, stunning outdoor pool and a spa at budget friendly price.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.SpaViews - Great views from hotel
Hotel Daniel Graz 107 rooms from $66Graz
A cool contemporary hotel built for the 'modern traveller'. Great value rooms all in white, excellent breakfast area and bar, good meeting rooms, and a sauna. A youthful spot with a trendy vibe.Value chicCity StyleSights nearby - 10 mins walk from the centreLively - Hip and happening.
Augarten Hotel Art & Design 57 rooms from $77Graz
Contemporary design hotel with spacious light filled rooms. Excellent Mediterranean restaurant, stunning views over the city from the roof top terrace, great spa and business centre. Chic, and great value.Views - Stunning views over the city from the roof top terrace.Roof terraceSights nearby - Just a few hundred metres from the city centreSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Hotel Lun 18 rooms from $120Brand, Austria
Hotel Lun is an elegant, contemporary chalet with sleek bedrooms and suites. Guest apartments have private kitchen and lounge areas as well as balconies with mountain views. Continental breakfast buffets and walking distance restaurants for evening meals. Fantastic outdoor activities all year round.Active Holiday - A classic chalet hotel, enjoy outdoor mountain activities throughout the year - just 600m from two cable cars.Views - Great views from hotel
All our Austria collections:
- Best places to stay in Vienna
- Best places to stay in Salzburg
- Best places to stay in Graz
- Best places to stay in St Anton
- Best places to stay in Lech
- Best places to stay in Zurs
- Best places to stay in Kitzbuhel
- Best places to stay in Obergurgl
Austria has something to offer every kind of traveller. There's rich cultural heritage, excellent food, grand art and architecture and the landscape of mountains and alpine lakes which is considered one of the world's most beautiful backdrops. So there's plenty of choice when it comes to planning your Austrian experience and choosing the best places to stay in Austria.
This ancient country occupies Europe's crossroads, something it's experienced only too well during both World Wars. Despite feeling old, Austria has only been a nation since 1918, and each of its nine federal states still has a separate feeling and identity, and its own special place in history. But, as well as being at the crossroads, Austria can also be said to occupy Europe's heart. A moderate, very European feeling country boasting plenty of Europe's best assets from Vienna's magical one-of-a-kind architecture to the spectacular alpine ski fields and lush, green, musical Salzburg.
For a city break
Ah Vienna! The Austrian capital has always been dignified, but there's a thick layer of whipped cream around almost every corner. Its baroque architecture, art galleries and museums, rich musical heritage and cafés and cakes have been magnets for tourists since the days of the Grand Tour.
- Famed for its torte, the Hotel Sacher is an institution where old world charm meets modern luxury.
- The Hotel Imperial, Vienna's grand dame, opened its doors in 1873 and is still in fantastic condition with massive suites and marble everywhere!
- An alternative to these old faithfuls would have to be The Ring a new "casual luxury" hotel, all slick style and cool unfussy rooms.
Graz is Austria's second largest city, and an ancient one, having been founded by the Romans and enjoying its heyday between the 12th and 15th Centuries. Modern Graz is considered a centre of learning, and is one of the best places to stay in Austria to experience its rich culture and heritage.
- Hotel Wiesler is situated bang in the centre of town and can certainly claim to be a top address in Graz purely by taking a look at its guest book....names range from the Rolling Stones to Schwarzenegger!
- The Schlossberg Hotel is elegant and sophisticated and benefits from sprawling terraced gardens despite its city centre location. It's a good option for families with a wide range of accommodation including suites and apartments.
Salzburg's two famous claims are Mozart and The Sound of Music. And yes, musical this town is; walking round the Heritage listed Altstadt you'll hear recitals drift from the many churches. And down side streets you'll hear snatches of classical music pouring from open windows. But Salzburg is also very beautiful, something Mozart himself was very proud of.
- Right next to the cathedral, the Boutique Hotel Am Dom is the best place to stay in Salzburg if you don't want to walk far to see the sights. Converted from an 800 year old town house, its decor is now quite modern.
- Arthotel Blau Gans is the perfect city break hotel. Converted from an ancient building, it is both charming and comfortably modern and clean. There's great art on the walls, the restaurant has a good reputation for excellent use of local produce, and is popular with locals as well as guests. And it's centrally located.
For the Ski Season
Zürs, Lech and St Anton are part of Lech Zurs am Arlberg, one of the world's great ski destinations, and skiers only need one pass to ski this whole winter wonderland of 80+ inclines and over 276kms worth of slopes. As well as getting excellent snow coverage, this location is also spectacularly surrounded by alps. Until the end of the 19th Century Lech spent the winters cut off from the outside world, and the traditional village look remains. Pretty and popular, Lech is the kind of place you're likely to see Bentleys with snow chains.
- If you want a resort with everything, then Thurnhers Alpenhof is one of the best places to stay in Zürs. There's an in-house skiing and snowboarding instructor and a spa, and staff will devise a personalised programme for you - which can also include gourmet five to eight course dinners every evening.
- For a wonderful, traditional alpine experience, you can't go past the Hotel Arlberg. It's a five star luxury chalet right in the centre of town, and one of the best places to stay in Lech if you're looking for a ski-in ski-out location with fur throws, wood panelling, open fires and antlers.
- Hotel Schwarzer Adler combines the tradition of St Anton with a position ideal for the bars and nightclubs, especially Bar Cuba, which dominate St Anton’s nightlife.
Kitzbühel's charming medieval centre makes a pretty addition to one of Austria's best ski resorts, known for its skiing, restaurants, apres-ski and off slope activities. Kitzbühel's historic Tirolean centre is pretty and pedestrianised and there are plenty of nice boutiques to poke around in and cafes to people watch in. On race weekends the town is packed with around 70,000 spectators, so there's a lot of life!
- If you're looking for five stars worth of alpine splendour that won't break the bank try the Weisses Rossl.
- Hotel Tennerhof looks a bit like one of those beautiful cuckoo clocks, and, with its views over the town and the mountains, it's just as charming inside as it is out. It has just 16 rooms and 19 suites, so a good option if you're looking for somewhere intimate.
For the best of both worlds
Innsbruck sits nicely between the city break destinations and the skiing destinations, as it offers both. You can spend one day exploring grand Habsburg palaces and the next day skiing in this relaxed, and exceptionally beautiful, Tyrolean capital.