Search the best hotels in Margaret River
About Margaret River
Margaret River is now famous for its wine as well as surf - the vines at the picturesque mouth of the Margaret River were only planted in the 60s - and it's a youthful industry full of innovation. This youthful innovation means that some of the best places to stay in Margaret River are actually the wineries themselves. Though there are also several very nice spa resorts.
The wine makers have brought with them a love for fine foods, so now Margaret River is the ideal place to hang ten on some perfect surf in the morning, sip wine all afternoon from a varied collection of cellar doors and round it all off with a gourmet meal with spectacular views of the hills or the Indian Ocean.
The soil and climate here, around three hours drive south from Perth, is similar to the climate of the Burgundy region of France, so similar grapes have been the most successful - therefore there's plenty to taste from the cellar doors of the 120 odd wineries. Margaret River isn't really that much like Burgundy though. Before the wine this was a very laid-back surfer town and once the wineries close in the evening it's still pretty sleepy - apart from the relaxed pleasures of the gourmet restaurant scene.
What Not To Miss
- Explore the region's rich wine heritage with a tour of the vineyards. Taste a selection of the areas finest vintages and enjoy a delicious platter lunch.
- As well as restaurants, a dairy, a brewery, and wineries, Margaret River also has its own coffee roasting house at Yahava.
- Visit the Lake Cave - visitors are able to take a tour of the spectacular underground crystal cave with stunning reflections off the subsurface lakes.
- There are also some great walks in the region, and several sights to see - like the lighthouses.
- Relax at the beautiful Hamelin Bay with exceptional blue waters and fine white sand. Visitors often see stingrays in their natural habitat.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Margaret River offer something for everyone, whether you're here for the beach, the wine, the food, or all three!
For a spa retreat
- The Empire Retreat & Spa is a wonderfully luxurious, adults only, eight room spa retreat, set in and around a gorgeous farmhouse with its own winery. Rooms are stylishly furnished with lots of natural stone and wood, and there's plenty of public space with some exceptional views.
- The Injidup Spa Retreat is a collection of ten luxury villas, each with their own private plunge pools and fireplaces. Relax in the spa or enjoy the finer things and all right on the beach with relaxing views out to sea.
- Windmills Break is a luxury B&B is set in 10 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens. Near to many local wineries and stunning beaches. Contemporary, inviting bedrooms and hospitable friendly staff. Gourmet breakfasts on the terrace. A relaxing oasis with a gorgeous pool, outdoor spa and tennis court.
For foodies and wine buffs
- Cape Lodge is a luxurious, 22 room lodge set amidst its own vines. The traditional rooms open onto relaxing views of the lake, and beautiful green gardens. A great place to explore the region from, or just relax in.
For the beach
- Smiths Beach Resort is a family-friendly beach resort surrounded by tropical greenery. The collection of rooms and self catering apartments offer private dining verandas with barbecues and there are separate pools for kids and adults.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of apartments throughout the town
- Fly to Perth Airport located 278km (172 miles) from Margaret River with a range of Domestic and International connections. The drive from the airport takes approximately 3 hours.
- If you're looking to rent a car to explore the beautiful region, for prices we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the dry season from April to September also provides pleasant temperatures for visitors.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Margaret River
Empire Retreat & Spa Margaret River (Yallingup) 8 rooms from £150
Luxury villas and suites set in and around a gorgeous farmhouse boasting its own winery. Rooms are contemporary and stylish featuring plenty of natural stone and timber. Spacious guest lounges and atrium style dining room to maximise the views. Heavenly spa for the ultimate in pampering.Spa breaksRestrictions on children - Adults onlyViews - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Smiths Beach Resort Margaret River (Yallingup) 55 rooms from £153
Nestled along the lush tropical coastland at Yallingup, the resort offers rooms with private dining verandas and barbeques, as well as self-catering apartments. Family friendly with separate adult and kid swimming pools. For beach lovers.Families - Flexible accommodation is perfect for families - beach villas have up to four bedroomsSwimming Pool - Separate kid and adult unheated outdoor poolsRemote - Off the beaten track.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Windmills Break Margaret River 13 rooms from £162
This luxury B&B is set in 10 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens. Near to many local wineries and stunning beaches. Contemporary, inviting bedrooms and hospitable friendly staff. Gourmet breakfasts on the terrace. A relaxing oasis with a gorgeous pool, outdoor spa and tennis court.Wine tastingGreat walks - Yallingup beachRestrictions on children - No childrenSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape
Cape Lodge Margaret River 22 rooms from £203
Set in the Margaret River region amid its own vines, this luxury lodge caters to every need. Traditional rooms ooze elegance and have glorious views over the gardens and lake. Surf, hike, cycle, swim and learn to cook in these beautiful surroundings. A luxury base for exploring the region.Swimming Pool - Free form outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Must be 8 or overRomantic - Good for couples.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Tablet
Injidup Spa Retreat Margaret River (Yallingup) 10 rooms from £331
Ten luxury villas that come with private plunge pools, fireplaces and underfloor heating. Relax at the spa, cook up a storm on the barbie or have a chef come and cook in-house. Right on Injidup beach with stunning views out to sea.Great walks - Good for walkers.Fishing - Big game and deep sea fishingSwimming Pool - Each with private plunge poolViews - Ocean viewsRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels