Search the best hotels in Perth
Western Australia’s bustling capital city, Perth is a long way from any other metropolitan hub. A six-hour flight from Sydney and eight hours from Kuala Lumpur or Jakarta, it’s a fascinating gateway to Australia’s many wonders — and a brilliant destination in its own right. On the banks of the Swan River, between the Darling Ranges and the Indian Ocean, this lively cultural hub is also a favourite with outdoorsy travellers. Perth’s accommodation options are wide-ranging, with everything from charming B&Bs to slick city hotels, fit for a range of tastes and budgets. Check out our list of the best places to stay in Perth as you start planning your trip.
Explore Perth’s historic centre on foot, admiring colonial-era architecture and strolling through scenic King’s Park. The bounty of the vineyards of Margaret River, to the south, will delight wine aficionados, especially when paired with innovative cuisine at Perth’s hip eateries. Sample excellent fresh produce at the weekend markets of Subiaco and Fremantle, both of which are great fun.
Perth’s beaches are a huge hit with locals and visitors alike. Hone your surf skills at Cottesloe, stroll along the white sands of Scarborough, and join Perth’s trendy younger crowd at Brighton and Trigg. Beyond the beaches, you’ll find the Kalamunda and John Forrest National Parks, perfect for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, horse riding and wildlife-spotting. The dramatic Nambung National Park, where the otherworldly Pinnacles rise from the desert, is the region’s most iconic landscape. Unwind at one of the best places to stay in Perth after big days of adventure.
The Best Places to Stay in Perth
For Contemporary Cool
- The Alex Hotel is a seriously cool city spot. Created by Australia’s Little Creatures Brewery, the hotel has 74 hip guest rooms, a chic lounge, a gourmet Italian restaurant and a trendy rooftop bar, perfect for sociable travellers. Fabulous.
- The Melbourne Hotel fuses heritage architecture with cutting-edge contemporary style in swish rooms with exposed stone walls dating back to 1897. With five eateries and the city's highest rooftop bar, this is a top spot for a Perth city break. One for fans of unique architecture.
- Quay Perth has a fresh, youthful feel, with compact, well-designed rooms and studios near Elizabeth Quay. The best rooms have river views and free-standing tubs. Gather in the two casual eateries after exchanging ideas at the dedicated co-working space.
- QT Perth is a glamorous urban hangout, with sumptuous rooms featuring jewel-like textiles and big bathtubs. Regular live music events, buzzy restaurant-bars and a lively rooftop terrace add to the appeal for well-heeled visitors.
- Adina Apartment Hotel is a collection of two- to three-bedroom apartments with modern facilities and a superb location close to King Park. Families and groups will appreciate the swimming pool, gym and self-catering facilities — as well as the sense of privacy.
- Crown Metropol Perth, overlooking the Swan River, has comfortable contemporary rooms and fantastic resort-style facilities. There's a dedicated kids' pool, an expansive buffet restaurant and stacks of activities in the complex — including a theatre. Brilliant for active families who'd like easy access to everything.
- Como - The Treasury has been transformed from a government building into a striking hertiage hotel, complete with luxurious white-on-white interiors. Dine at two gastronomic restaurants and sip craft cocktails at the bar after rejuvenating treatments at the spa. A 48-bedroom boutique gem.
- The Westin Perth, on centrally located Hibernian Place, is a sleek urban hotel with light-filled modern rooms offering expansive city views. Expect crisp white linens on big beds, framed photographic prints of Western Australian landscapes, and indulgent bathrooms. The Italian eatery, serene spa and infinity pool make this a terrific luxury offering.
- Hyatt Regency Perth boasts elegant rooms and suites clad in cream tones. Overlooking the Swan River, this sophisticated hotel also has five restaurants, an outdoor pool and both tennis and squash courts. Perfect for business trips or romantic city breaks.
- InterContinental Perth City Centre is a lavish high-rise hotel in the CBD. Sensational guest rooms and suites feature soothing earthy tones, marble bathrooms and city views. Sample gourmet fare in two restaurants and cracking cocktails at the bar. Meeting and event spaces abound, and 300 magnificent pieces of handcrafted art adorn the hotel's walls. Five-star style.
- Crown Towers, part of the luxurious riverside Crown complex, is a glittering 500-room resort with lagoon pools, a casino, theatre and nightclub. Glamorous interiors offer city and Swan River views — including from free-standing bathtubs. Big, bold and beautiful.
For Great Value
- Pensione Hotel offers simple, affordable rooms in a 1960s-built modernist building. Pick this place for the excellent CBD location, the retro-inspired shared spaces and the attractive price tag.
- Tribe Perth, set beside Kings Park and the Botanical Garden, has a lively buzz. Interiors feature jewel-like tones, with small-but-perfectly-formed rooms boasting all the mod-cons. Reasonably priced, well-designed and a fun pick for groups or business travellers.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Perth Airport and hop aboard a shuttle bus to Elizabeth Quay Bus Station the centre of the city, or a taxi directly to your hotel.
- Western Australia is wonderful for a road trip, and Perth is a great starting point! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Summers (December to February) in Perth can be very hot, with temperatures rising above 30°C. Visit during the spring or autumn months for sunshine and pleasant temperatures. Winters (June to August) are cool and can be rainy.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Margaret River.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Western Australia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Perth
Best Hotels in Perth
Pensione Hotel Perth 98 rooms from £63Active Holiday - Perth is an outdoorsy kind of city (this is the sunniest place in Australia) and you’ve got 990 acres of park on your doorstepLocal exploring - The free CAT bus stops opposite the hotel which makes it the prefect base to explore all that Perth has to offerBusiness meetings - Nestled in the heart of the Perth CBD, ideal for business travellersSights nearby - Kings Park & its botanic garden are very close; also worth checking out the chief astronomer’s residence at the Old Observatory
A central hotel (in the CBD area) set in a classic 1960s modernism-building. Take a step back in time when entering the lobby filled with retro furniture. Rooms are a simple and classic affair with grey tones and crisp white linen. A conveniently placed property with an equally attractive price tag. See More
The Melbourne Hotel Perth (Western Australia) 73 rooms from £99City Style - A 120-year-old heritage hotel with swish contemporary interiors, a striking roof terrace & fine-dining optionsLocal exploring - Brilliantly located for seeing the best of Perth's CBD, with local guides on Handy smartphonesRestaurant - Five superb dining venues include rooftop Aurora, Grand Orient, Ramen Keisuke Tonkotsu King and De Baun & CoGreat walks - Stroll through verdant nearby Kings Park and Botanic Garden, studded with historic memorials
A restored city landmark in the CBD with heritage guest rooms & a swish contemporary wing combining clean lines with exposed stone walls dating back to 1897. Expect hip urban style & superb city views. The five eateries are a real treat, including the area's highest rooftop bar! A classy reinvention See More
Tribe Perth West Perth WA 6005 126 rooms from £84Active Holiday - Perth is an outdoorsy kind of city (this is the sunniest place in Australia) and you’ve got 990 acres of park on your doorstepLocal exploring - Many beaches, boutiques and hip restaurants and cafésSights nearby - Kings Park & its botanic garden are very close; also worth checking out the chief astronomer’s residence at the Old ObservatoryDesigner - Daring and characterful interiors- white neon lights meet gleaming black columns with statement furnitureRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Quay Perth Perth (Western Australia) 80 rooms from £108Designer Shopping - There are designer boutiques aplenty in the waterfront Elizabeth Quay mall, just across the roadLocal exploring - Close to the waterfront esplanade, the Swan River and the CBD, this is a top hotel for explorersBusiness meetings - The hotel's co-working space, Level Nine, is open 24/7, perfect for business tripsLocal markets - Visit the weekend farmers' markets of Perth and Fremantle for fresh produce and artisanal goods
A fresh & youthful CBD hotel with well-designed rooms & studios offering city or river views. The best guest rooms have free-standing tubs; all share access to the smart co-working space and the two casual eateries. Moments from Elizabeth Quay this stylish urban pad is ideal for work or play. See More
Adina Apartment Hotel, Perth Perth (Australia) 138 rooms from £111Families - Two or three-bedroom apartments are perfect for families or groups of friends travelling togetherBusiness meetings - A good business choice, with function rooms and private apartments for longer stays in the cityMuseums - Delve into the region's past at the WA Museum Boola Bardip in the Perth Cultural CentreSights nearby - Ten minute walk to Barrack Street Ferry Terminal for trips to Freemantle and Rottnest
Stylish, modern apartment-suites close to Perth's Cultural Centre promise city views and smart interiors. Long-stay guests will appreciate the kitchens and laundry facilities, whilst multi-bedroom options are perfect for families and groups. There's a gym, swimming pool and bistro, too. See More
Alex Hotel Perth (Australia) 74 rooms from £133Local exploring - Located amidst some of Perth's best eateries, bars & galleries in trendy Northbridge, this is a perfect base for keen explorersMuseums - Don't miss the excellent collection at the Art Gallery of West Australia, which offers frequent & free volunteer-led toursCycling - Hop aboard the hotel's bicycles to explore the artsy Northbridge neighbourhood's cafes, galleries and shops on two wheelsCity Style - A hip urban hotel with designer interiors and a slick sense of city style, ideal for well-heeled travellers and foodiesRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Brought to you by Australia’s Little Creatures Brewery, the Alex Hotel is undeniably cool. Rooms are contemporary and functional yet it's the common areas that really stand out. A chic lounge and rooftop offer space for socialising, and the Italian-focused restaurant hits the mark on every level. See More
Hyatt Regency Perth Perth (Australia) 367 rooms from £144Museums - Vist the Art Gallery of Western Australia or the Perth CUltural Centre for insights into art, history and cultureBusiness meetings - Extensive meeting spaces make this a brilliant business hotel - and an excellent large-scale events venue!City Style - A slick city hotel with contemporary interiors clad in elegant cream tones and stacks of amenitiesGreat walks - Stroll through nearby Langley Park or follow paths along the scenic Swan River
Smart, sleek and sophisticated, plus set in a superb location by the Swan River, this luxury hotel has it all. Elegant rooms and suites are clad in cream tones. Expect top-notch amenities including tennis and squash courts, a spectacular outdoor pool and five restaurants. See More
QT Perth Perth (Western Australia) 184 rooms from £161Groups - Groups will adore sociable spaces — like the rooftop bar — as well as live DJ nights and arranging private eventsCity Style - A swish urban hotel with a fun, youthful feel, perfect for well-heeled couples, friends and business travellersLocal markets - Stock up on artisanal crafts and fresh produce at the city's weekend farmers' marketsRestaurant - Dine at QT Cafe or the Mediterranean-inspired Santini GrillRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A playful urban hangout in the heart of Perth. Contemporary spaces have designer furnishings & jewel-like textiles, whilst the best rooms have free-standing tubs. Sociable travellers will adore the rooftop terrace, buzzy bars & frequent live music events. A sensational choice for a lively city stay. See More
The Westin Perth Perth (Western Australia) 357 rooms from £172City Style - Glamorous and beautifully designed, this is a stylish pad for a business or leisure stay in the cityHoneymoons - An indulgent choice for a Perth-based honeymoon, with generous suites and a soothing spaGreat walks - Take a day trip to the Kalamunda and John Forrest National Parks for great hiking and mountain bikingRestaurant - Dine at gourmet Garum by Guy Grossi, or enjoy impeccable afternoon teas in the Haven Lounge
A sleek city hotel on Hibernian Place in central Perth. Light-filled rooms have big beds topped with white sheets, photographic prints of Western Australia, & indulgent bathrooms. A fifth-floor infinity pool, gourmet Italian eatery & soothing spa complete the picture. Elegant & luxurious. See More
InterContinental Perth City Centre Perth (Western Australia) 253 rooms from £173Local exploring - Unrivalled when it comes to five-star style in the CBD & close to Elizabeth Quay, this hotel will delight well-heeled explorersBusiness meetings - Slick meeting spaces, private dining options and a dedicated events team make this a brilliant business trip baseGreat walks - Just 2km away, the Kings Park and Botanic Garden is wonderful for a walk amidst the trees and historic monumentsRestaurant - Savour tapas alfresco at Heno & Rey or dishes cooked over a woodfire grill at Ascua
A lavish five-star hotel in Perth's buzzy CBD. Perched in a striking high-rise, slick guest rooms & suites promise city views, marble bathrooms and an earthy colour palette. Two sophisticated restaurants & an atmospheric bar await, each with polished service & gourmet cuisine. A top-notch city pad. See More
Crown Metropol Perth Perth 405 rooms from £214City Style - Chic white-on-white interiors await at this swanky city hotel, with business centre, excellent cuisine & designer shoppingHotel Entertainment - Expect live music and DJ nights at weekends, along with easy access to Crown Perth's casino and shopping mallFamilies - Families will adore multi-room aparments, the kids' pool and fantastic buffet fareTheatre - Catch a show at the onsite Crown Metropol Perth, a fantastic theatre venue
Crown Towers Perth (Western Australia) 500 rooms from £255Hotel Entertainment - The Crown complex includes a nightclub, a casino and a theatre, so you can expect plenty on on-site entertainment!Romantic Break - A spectacular spot for lavish romantic breaks, with enormous suites featuring free-standing tubs and city viewsCity Style - Bold, luxurious interiors include glittering chandeliers and white marble at this swish city skycraperSwimming Pool - The outdoor lagoon pools are bordered by palm trees and cabanas, and there's a dedicated children's pool
A glittering high-rise hotel, part of the luxurious riverside Crown complex. Expect elegant rooms and suites with marble bathrooms, crisp white linens & city views. Hip bars & lagoon swimming pools await, along with a glamorous casino, nightclub and 32 restaurants. A big, bold 500-room city resort. See More
Como The Treasury Perth 48 rooms from £323City Style - Bang in the centre of Perth, with stunning interiors, classic style and phenomanal rooftop restaurant overlooking the Swan.Total relaxation - Unwind in style with spoiling bathrooms, pampering treatments in the Shambhala spa and cocktails and canapes at the bar.Sights nearby - The hotel is on Perth’s Cathedral Square, hop across the road to check out this famed sight.Great walks - Take your pick from the lovely Kings Park or the Botanic Garden.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
One time government building, turned luxury downtown hotel, with a grand colonial feel. Spacious, elegant bedrooms and suites feature luxurious bathrooms and views of the river. Two fine dining restaurants and a smart cocktail bar. The hotel also boasts a large spa and swimming pool with city views. See More