Search the best hotels in Perth
Perth is a long way from anywhere - a six hour flight from Sydney and about eight hours from Kuala Lumpur or Jakarta. But it uses its isolation to its advantage - it's so far from anywhere else that it has to have everything! The city is drenched in sunshine and is well known for its spectacular beaches. The best places to stay in Perth really vary. There are some beautiful colonial hotels and then on the other spectrum some uber-sleek contemporary stays and, really, everything in between from chic boutiques to budget friendly options.
At the top of Perth's list of charms is the colonial architecture, vibrant arts scene and cuisine. Built on fertile ground beside the Swan River, between the Darling Ranges and the seafood-abundant Indian Ocean, Perth's bountiful fresh food markets have fuelled a thriving foodie culture, assisted by the wines of Margaret River, just a short drive south. Some of the best food markets can be found in Subiaco and Fremantle - which also has an excellent weekend market.
Though of course that fails to mention Perth's physical charms, the spectacular Kings Park in the centre of town, with views over the city, old and new, and the Swan River. Then there is that 80km stretch of sand perfectly positioned for magical sunsets.
When it comes to beaches Cottesloe has some surfing and the charming old tea house, Scarborough is long and white and calm, Swanbourne has the naturist portion and Brighton and Trigg are favourites with the locals. Beyond the beaches are the National Parks for all the hiking, biking and horse riding you can manage. The drama of the Pinnacles, strange rocks like free range stalagmites growing right out of the desert, is the region’s most iconic view.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Perth vary from sleek, luxury pads to a charming townhouse set in the old city centre. Use our guide and start to plan your trip.
The best places to stay in Perth
For period charm
- Perth is full of charming old colonial buildings of which The Terrace Hotel is a great example. There are just 15 rooms, decorated with a mix of old and new right in the heart of Perth's old city just below Kings Park.
- Como, The Treasury was once, you guessed it, the Treasury, now an elegant 48 room hotel with a grand Colonial feel. There’s a smart cocktail bar and two fine dining restaurants as well as a large spa and a pool with beautiful city views.
- The Richardson Hotel & Spa in West Perth is a spacious and elegant hotel with a glamorous spa and lush gardens just a short stroll from Kings Park and the Botanical Gardens.
- If you're looking for large, sleek, luxurious and facilities-rich, the Hyatt Regency Perth is a good choice. As well as tennis and squash courts there's a gorgeous outdoor pool and five restaurants.
For a chic stay
- Brought to you by a cool brewery, the Alex Hotel is equally cool, with 74 contemporary rooms, a chic lounge and rooftop bar and a great restaurant. It’s in a hip spot too.
- The Adina Apartment Hotel is a collection of apartments, some which can be connected, with great modern facilities in an unbeatable location just below Kings Park. The onsite gym and pool make this a perfect spot for families or groups.
- The Metropol Perth, with its resort style facilities, is an easy option for families. The views, from modern, comfortable rooms are amazing and there are plenty of the in-house comforts you'd expect from a large, resort-style hotel.
- Pensione Hotel is a central hotel (in the CBD area) set in a classic 1960s modernist-building. Rooms are a simple and classic affair. A conveniently placed property with an equally attractive price tag.
- Another great pick for those on a budget is Tribe Perth. It's located right beside Kings Park and the Botanical Garden, and manages to be both kind on the wallet and still very stylish. Small but perfectly formed rooms offer plenty of gadgetry and floor to ceiling windows for spectacular views.
For an apartment or villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- International travellers need to fly to Perth Airport. From the airport you can catch a minibus transfer or a local bus to Elizabeth Quay Bus Station. It’s about AU$25 in a taxi to the centre of town.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying in Perth and want to see anything of the rest of Western Australia - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Perth is sunny all year round, and during summer - December through February - it can hit a dry baking 40 degrees. It’s nicer by the water, so if you like hot weather then come on down, but otherwise you might enjoy your visit more if it was between September and November - Perth is just beautiful with wild flowers during spring. It’s fairly mild in winter and autumn too.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Western Australia.,
- Or refine your search to nearby Margaret River?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Perth
Best Hotels in Perth
Pensione Hotel Perth 98 rooms from £63Active Holiday - Perth is an outdoorsy kind of city (this is the sunniest place in Australia) and you’ve got 990 acres of park on your doorstepLocal exploring - The free CAT bus stops opposite the hotel which makes it the prefect base to explore all that Perth has to offerBusiness meetings - Nestled in the heart of the Perth CBD, ideal for business travellersSights nearby - Kings Park & its botanic garden are very close; also worth checking out the chief astronomer’s residence at the Old Observatory
A central hotel (in the CBD area) set in a classic 1960s modernism-building. Take a step back in time when entering the lobby filled with retro furniture. Rooms are a simple and classic affair with grey tones and crisp white linen. A conveniently placed property with an equally attractive price tag. See More
Tribe Perth West Perth WA 6005 126 rooms from £84Active Holiday - Perth is an outdoorsy kind of city (this is the sunniest place in Australia) and you’ve got 990 acres of park on your doorstepLocal exploring - Many beaches, boutiques and hip restaurants and cafésSights nearby - Kings Park & its botanic garden are very close; also worth checking out the chief astronomer’s residence at the Old ObservatoryDesigner - Daring and characterful interiors- white neon lights meet gleaming black columns with statement furnitureRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Adina Apartment Hotel Perth 138 rooms from £111Sights nearby - Ten minute walk to Barrack Street Ferry Terminal for trips to Freemantle and RottnestSwimming Pool - Outdoor, with BBQ facilities
Hyatt Regency Perth Perth 367 rooms from £116Sights nearby - Located by the Swan River, close to the East Perth shopping district and WACA OvalSwimming Pool - Outdoor
Alex Hotel Perth 74 rooms from £133Local exploring - Located amidst some of Perth's best eateries, bars and galleries.Great walks - Take sunset strolls along Cottesloe Beach.Surfing - Suitable beaches nearby.BoutiqueRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
The Terrace Hotel Perth 15 rooms from £145Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Boutique
Metropol Perth Perth 405 rooms from £150SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
The Richardson Hotel & Spa Perth 74 rooms from £298Sights nearby - Within easy walking distance of the Swan River, Kings Park, Perth Zoo and CBDSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorBoutiqueSpaRecommended by - Tablet
Como The Treasury Perth 48 rooms from £323City Style - Bang in the centre of Perth, with stunning interiors, classic style and phenomanal rooftop restaurant overlooking the Swan.Total relaxation - Unwind in style with spoiling bathrooms, pampering treatments in the Shambhala spa and cocktails and canapes at the bar.Sights nearby - The hotel is on Perth’s Cathedral Square, hop across the road to check out this famed sight.Great walks - Take your pick from the lovely Kings Park or the Botanic Garden.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
One time government building, turned luxury downtown hotel, with a grand colonial feel. Spacious, elegant bedrooms and suites feature luxurious bathrooms and views of the river. Two fine dining restaurants and a smart cocktail bar. The hotel also boasts a large spa and swimming pool with city views. See More