- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Bad Hofgastein
About Bad Hofgastein
Bad Hofgastein is a spa town and ski resort situated in the High Tauern range of Austria's east central alps. The best places to stay in Bad Hofgastein give you access to the finest winter sporting areas and a sophisticated environment.
Originally a spa town, Bad Hofgastein is now a renowned ski resort and part of the extensive Ski Amade network which boasts up to 250 kilometres of piste - including the 10.5 k Hohe Scharte run (the longest run in the region).
The town retains its reputation as a spa and is home to the spectacular Alpentherme, which is a stunning ‘experience’ laid out over 32,000 square metres and with panoramic 360 degree views. For non skiers, there is curling, walking, climbing and sleigh rides.
The town is traditional and upmarket, with very relaxed vibe, focussed around the main square with its gluhwein stands and live music.
what not to miss
- Bad Hofgastein is renowned for being a spa town, so why not pay a visit to the spectacular Alpentherme
- Winter snowsports: With many runs for all different abilities of skier, while also laying claim to the longest run in the region!
- Bad Hofgastein is great for the family, especially is some don't like hitting the slopes! The town has curling, sleigh riding, and mountain hiking as alternatives.
Here's our pick of the best places to stay in Bad Hofgastein:
For a bit of luxury
- Osterreichisher Hof is an elegant four star hotel with beautiful mountain views. The rooms are simple, light and spacious. There's an in-house spa with pool, the restaurant is gourmet standard and the hotel offers guided hiking tours in summer and snowshoe walks in winter.
for an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The nearest airport is Salzburg (80 mins away)
- In winter the resort is a very popular place for winter sports, and in the summer hiking, mountain biking, and cycling are very popular in the summer season.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos for the best prices.
Best Hotels in Bad Hofgastein
Osterreichischer Hof 50 rooms from $130Bad Hofgastein
An elegant 4-star hotel with lovely mountain views. Simple Alpine style rooms are large and light. An in-house spa as well as access to next doors spa. Gourmet cuisine with particularly good Austrian pastries. A multitude of outdoor activities makes this ideal for families.Families - With family packages and plenty of activities from ping pong to mini golf and skiing, plus a relaxing spa and hot tub.Skiing - The Gastein Valley offers 220 km of pisted slopes ideal for any level of skier, and the hotel has a ski school.Great walks - The hotel organises guided hiking tours in summer and snowshoe walks in winter.Swimming Pool - Indoor Pool