- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Ehrenhausen
Ehrenhausen is blossoming in rich Austrian heritage and culture. The gurus best places to stay in Ehrenhausen are great places to explore the traditional Austrian heritage in the local area.
Ehrenhausen is a small town on the river Mur in southeastern Styria, south of Liebnitz and close to the Slovenian border. The town is most notable as the location of the former family seat of the Eggensburg dynasty. The Eggensburgs were originally vintners and financiers and rose to prominence during the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. Ruprecht von Eggenburg was a war hero, decisively defeating the Ottomans at the Battle of Sisak in 1593. This achievement secured the family’s elevation to the Austrian nobility, and the mausoleum of Ruprecht, which was designed by the famous architect and painter Giovanni Pietro de Pornis, and is a huge attraction in this otherwise tranquil rural village.
The Baroque style parish church with its rococo interior is also worth a visit. This is a lovely part of southern Austria and there is much to do and see. Ehrenhausen sits on the local wine route; the nearby villages of Leutschach and Ebiswald are major centres for wine production. Ehrenhausen is an ideal area for keen walkers, cyclists and hikers to explore the local area.
what not to miss
- The Masoleum of Reprecht, an absolutely stunning piece of architecture and artwork.
- The local Ehrenhausen church, and it's rococo interior
- Wine lovers should make the most of the region and its great wine routes
The best places to stay in Ehrenhausen are great bases for exploring this charming region, while also exploring the local sights.
A Modern Design Experience
- Loisium Wine and Spa Resort is an ultra-modern hotel in a bucolic setting of woods and vineyards. The rooms are chic and open plan with private balconies and lovely views. The food and wine is of the highest order. The hotel has a fab spa and is a firm favorite with honeymooners.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport is 64 miles away, while Vienna international airport is 106 miles away.
- The best time of year to visit is in the European summer time between may and September, when temperatures can range from 21-26 degrees.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos for the best prices.
Still not sure where to book
Best Hotels in Ehrenhausen
Loisium Wine & Spa Resort, Ehrenhausen 105 rooms from $193Ehrenhausen (Am Schlossberg 1a)
A beautiful design hotel nestled between woods and a sea of rolling vineyards. Chic rooms with lighting concepts, open plan bathrooms and private balconies. A luxurious spa, an all-season outdoor pool, a great restaurant serving gourmet cuisine and a wine bar with vintage regional wines. Bliss!Honeymoons - Fantastic food, fine wines, spa treatments and warm and stylish rooms with minimalist neutral tones and lovely views.Total relaxation - A large spa area featuring treatments rooms, saunas and a yoga area, as well as fine wines and spoiling service.Sights nearby - Foodies should visit the Shelf of Taste, for a totally unique culinary experience.Swimming Pool - An outdoor pool for guestsRecommended by - Tablet