- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Ehrwald
Ehrwald, a small Tyrolean village nestled in the Wetterstein mountain chain in Austria is a great place for holidaymakers all year round, the best places to stay in Erwald are at the heart of the town making it easy to explore the local area.
At 1225m, Ehrwald is a small Tyrolean village of the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena, Austria. Originally a mining village, in 1926 the construction of the Tyrolean Aerial Tramway funicular (the ‘Zugerspitzebahn’) attracted the first tourists to the area. This wire ropeway was an engineering wonder of its day and for a long time held the world record for mechanically conveying people to the highest altitude. It runs a distance of 3,600m with an elevation of 1725m. It was overhauled in 1991 and remains a ‘must do’.
The village of Ehrwald lies at the southern base of Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany - it is on the Austro-German border - and is a mecca for climbers and winter sports enthusiasts.Views towards the mountain are dramatic and the area is full of natural spectacles - lakes and waterfalls. In summer Ehrwald is a wonderful place for walking and hiking.
What not to miss
- In the winter months it is the snowsports in the area with 27 km of pisted slopes, as well as cross-country ski trails
- In the summer visitors tend to walk and hike around the beautiful Austrian Mountians, breathing in the fresh alpine air while admiring the scenic landscape
The best places to stay in Ehrwald are busy both during the winter and summer seasons, so if you want to be sure of a room, get organised and book early.
The best places to stay in Ehrwald
For Skiing to the door
- Hotel Speilmann is a traditional Austrian mountainside hotel, full of charm and you can literally ski to the door! There is a relaxing spa and swimming pool for unwinding after the day's exertions and a first class restaurant.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Innsbruck airport is a 1-hour drive away, and Munich is 2 hours away.
- The winter season between December and April is best to catch the great conditions for snowsports in the area
- For walking and hiking, anytime between May and September as the temperature varies from 12-18 degrees.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Ehrwald
Hotel Spielmann 43 rooms from £190Ehrwald
A quaint and attractive hotel that offers a distinctly Austrian experience. With excellent ski slopes on its door step, it's the perfect place for active guests. Relax after a long days skiing in the spa or sample some local Tyrolean wine in the restaurant. A majestic mountainside destination.Active Holiday - In Tyrolean mountains, ideal for skiing, trekking, or mountain climbing, depending on the season.Full of characterSpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor