- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Berwang
Berwang, in Austria’s Tyrolean Alps, is part of the Tiroler Zugspitze Arena and at an altitude of 1,336m is the highest village in the region. The village is pretty and typical of the region, and the best places to stay in Berwang provide an ideal base for enjoying this beautiful holiday area whether you're here for the wintersports or stunning summer scenery.
This village enjoys panoramic views of the Zugspitze - the highest mountain in Germany, and in winter the Tiroler Zugspitze Arena boasts some of the best skiing in the Tyrol. The slopes cater for all standards of skier from novice to expert, but the slopes above Berwang are particularly good for intermediates and beginners, so ideal for families.
Aside from downhill skiing, there is cross-country skiing, skating, curling and horse sleigh riding - to name but a few activities. In summertime there is breathtaking scenery of mountains and lakes to explore either on foot or by bicycle.
WHAT NOT TO MISS
- The open air swimming pool at Barenbad, set in a forest on the outskirts of the village - perfect for a cooling dip after a long hike.
- Over 150 trails through the mountains and Berwangertal valley suitable for walkers and cyclists.
- The rope bridge at Namlos - it's twenty metres high and 40 metres in length...not one for you if you're scared of heights.
- Once a week during the winter season you can try your hand at the Laser Biathlon - a course is set up on the Moosloipe and there is a free trial session you can take part in if you're not sure.
- For beer lovers a visit to the Hotel Thaneller in Rinnen is a must - its home to the highest brewery in Austria!
Don't forget that if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Berwang you'll need to plan well ahead. This is a very popular place both in summer and winter!
The best places to stay in Berwang
For Luxury and Location
- Singer Sporthotel and Spa is a luxury hotel, situated in a great location right by the ski lifts. The interior is traditional alpine with wooden panelled walls and pine floors. Enjoy the gourmet cuisine, beautiful views and elegant lounge, plus swimming pools inside and out and vast spa spread over three floors!
For a chalet or apartment
- If you think that a self catering option would suit your needs better, then check out the range with our online partner, booking.com.
- The closest airport to Berwang is Innsbruck, which is about 50km away. There are plenty of transfer companies which can transport you from the airport to resort.
- The best time to visit Berwang depends on the reason for your visit. For winter sports enthusiasts, the season runs from December to the end of March, whilst those who want to visit in summer should aim to come between June and September when the average high is around 17 degrees celcius.
- If you're planning to get out and about exploring and need to hire a car, we recommend you visit our partner, Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Berwang
Singer Sporthotel & Spa 54 rooms from $392Berwang
A luxury hotel and spa in a prime position for the ski lifts with traditional alpine features: wood panelled walls and pine furniture, plus a fabulous three-floored spa connected by underground pass. Gourmet cuisine with regional specialities and a multitude of activities.Spa breaks - An expansive spa spread over three floors with a range of treatments inspired by the healing powers of the surrounding flora.Skiing - Just steps from the lifts makes for easy access to Berwang's 36kms of slopes.Active Holiday - Explore the Western Alps on skis or whilst hiking.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor pools.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux