Search the best hotels in Ischgl
Surrounded by the beautiful Silvretta and Verwall mountains, Ischgl is home to just 1,600 people, but packs a real punch when it comes to adrenaline-fuelled activities in both the summer and the winter months. A hugely popular place to visit, Ischgl offers a wide range of accommodation options, including simple Alpine chalets and grand hotels with impressive facilities. Big or small, the best places to stay in Ischgl promise enchanting mountain views and access to myriad adventurous sports fit for the whole family.
Come during the summer months for hiking or running trails criss-crossed around the verdant landscape, and pristine views of an enchanting part of the Paznaun. Head out horse riding with the whole family or take to the skies to experience paragliding or zipping through the air on the Ischgl SkyFly. There’s motorcycling and mountain biking to try, too, and outdoor tennis courts in town, as well as fishing and mini-golf. Kids will adore the Vider Truja adventure park, or clambering up the wood-and-rope construction at Lake Pardatschersee, where you can rustle up a laid-back barbecue in splendid surroundings.
It’s in the winter, though, that Ischgl really comes into its own. Considered the gateway to the Silvretta Arena, Ischgl is one of Austria’s hippest ski resorts, with 239 kilometres of slopes. Beginners will find brilliant ski schools, equipment hire and plenty of blue (easy) and red (moderately difficult) runs to hone their skills and feed their desire for adventure, whilst experienced skiiers will find lots to their liking, too. Boasting super-slick cable cars and lifts, a huge variety of slopes — including the classic Smuggler’s Circuit, which leads all the way to Switzerland — off-piste delights and snow from November to May, this is a winter wonderland for active couples, groups or families.
Beyond the slopes, there’s cross-country skiing, tobogganing, ice skating and winter hiking. Spend your days making the most of the area’s natural wonders before treating yourself to revitalising spa treatments at your hotel and tantalising Tyrolean fare in Ischgl’s excellent gourmet eateries. Whether you’re on the hunt for a romantic escape or a fun-filled family holiday, the best places to stay in Ischgl have it all — and more.
The Best Places to Stay in Ischgl
- Hotel Trofana Royal promises dramatic Alpine views from elegant rooms and suites, as well as a superb state-of-the-art spa and award-winning restaurants (including one with a Michelin star). An indulgent base for a chic, grown-up stay.
- Elizabeth Arthotel is nestled in the heart of Ischgl, with beautifully-appointed rooms and suites. Impressive artwork adorns the walls, the rooftop spa features panoramic views of the slopes, and the food is top-notch. One for honeymooners or art lovers eager to relax in style. Speak to the team about a private art tour or wine tasting.
- Hotel Zhero is a sleek, modernist property bedecked in shades of grey. Located out of town, this is a great choice for couples in search of a little extra privacy. The vibe is chic and contemporary, there's an extensive spa and wellness centre, and the gourmet food is a real treat. Very grown-up.
- Hotel Brigitte is a charming choice, with opulent interiors and striking views over the Tyrolean Paznaun valley. Come for stylish, spacious rooms and excellent food, but stay for the fantastic wellness centre, boasting everything from a Finnish sauna to an ice grotto, as well as a spacious indoor pool and wide array of rejuvenating treatments.
For a lively design hotel
- Hotel Madlein is a super-stylish design hotel ideal for active travellers looking for somewhere with a fun, lively vibe. Facilities include a gym, swimming pool and excellent spa, as well as two in-house bars and clubs, offering the ultimate après-ski experience. A trendy, party pick!
For classic Alpine charm
- Hotel Yscla is a small residence with 25 rooms in the centre of Ischgl. Set inside a historic building with a classic Alpine feel, the communal areas are wonderfully inviting, whilst rooms boast lovely fireplaces and modern amenities. The outdoor terrace is a highlight, in both winter and summer. Pick this hotel for an intimate stay.
- Hotel Sonne is a cosy hideaway, where charming rooms feature wooden furnishings, big beds and pretty private terraces brimming with flowers. A comfortable choice, with an appealing, old-school Alpine vibe and a quirky lounge perfect for an evening drink.
- Goldener Adler prides itself on its 35 individually-designed rooms and suites, which showcase natural Alpine materials. A historic property, the hotel promises a charming hideaway for couples or families -- who will find the larger suites ideal. Enjoy a massage at the spa, paddle around the pool and savour sophisticated Tyrolean fare in the atmospheric restaurant.
- Hotel Solaria is a well-equipped modern base with a friendly feel and a great choice of two-bedroom suites, perfect for families. The central location is ideal for exploring Ischgl, and the pool will be a sure-fire hit with the kids. A bright, fun pick.
- Hotel Fliana features smart and sumptuous contemporary suites -- well-suited to family groups -- with wooden furnishings and warm purple tones. Adults can unwind at the spa, little ones will adore the rooftop pool, and there are cocktails to be sipped in the stylish bar before you enjoy traditional Tyrolean cuisine with a twist in the chic restaurant. A luxurious pick for couples or families, with a particular focus on recommendations for exciting summer or winter activities in the area.
For an apartment or holiday cottage
If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Innsbruck or Zurich and hop aboard a train to Ischgl. Alternatively, you can drive from elsewhere in Europe, or take multiple trains. Visitors from the UK could begin on the Eurostar and travel via Paris, Strasbourg, Basel and Zurich. The closest train station to Ischgl is St. Anton am Arlberg, and you can catch at 40-minute taxi from there.
- Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Time your trip between December and April for the best skiing. Summer temperatures average around 16°C in July and August, making for a cool but picturesque walking holiday. Ischgl is an immensely popular winter destination, so book your stay well in advance to avoid missing out!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in St. Anton.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Austria.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Ischgl
Best Hotels in Ischgl
Goldener Adler Ischgl 35 rooms from £174Active Holiday - Well placed for an active getaway, with access to the slopes and mountain trails, and spa for unwinding in the evening.Sights nearby - There are a number of 17th century churches to be visited.Romantic - Good for couples.
A historic mountain property with smart contemporary interiors. The individually styled rooms are bathed in light with crisp white linen, pine furniture and parquet flooring. Enjoy traditional Tyrolean cuisine in the restaurant and the spa is all you need after a day in the mountains. A chic choice. See More
Hotel Zhero Ischgl (Kappl) 79 rooms from £208Great walks - Go hiking up the Tyrolean Alps to explore their true beautyDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
This luxurious hotel in the Tyrolean Alps features designer rooms and bathrooms in a contemporary style. There's an indoor pool and extensive spa and wellness facilities to unwind in after a long day skiing. Having a meal at the gourmet restaurant is a must - a stylish stay just outside town. See More
Hotel Yscla Ischgl 25 rooms from £208Total relaxation - Relaxation is on the cards, whether its steaming in the spa, feasting in the dinning room or reclining in your plush suite.Traditional
A luxury property in the heart of Ischgl, located right by the slopes. Large rooms boast fireplaces, contemporary bathrooms and floor to ceiling windows. A multi-award winning restaurant offers contemporary dishes with Alpine charm. A small wellness area is the ideal spot to unwind. Perfection. See More
Hotel Sonne Ischgl 56 rooms from £222Families - Family suites are available and there are plenty of activities to keep the kids busy during the day.Active Holiday - Take advantage of the nearby skiing, hiking and cycling on offer or use the on site gym.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful local mountain hikes and head off for a days exploring.Spa
Hotel Sonne is a chic 4-star in the centre of Ischgl, boasting tasteful interiors throughout. The spacious and comfortable rooms feature warm tones and charming wooden furnishings. Excellent Austrian cuisine is served at the on site restaurant, and the cosy lounge is popular for an evening tipple. See More
Hotel Brigitte Ischgl 63 rooms from £234Country Escape - Located in the beautiful Paznaun Valley, with ski to door access and loads of hiking and walking trails nearby.Total relaxation - Make the most out of the variety of on site spa facilities as well as the serene mountain surrounds.Great walks - There are plenty of local hiking trails to explore, with something for every level of commitment.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
This 4 star superior hotel is a great base in Ischgl, with its central location right next to the slopes. It has a cosy ambiance, newly renovated rooms, and a spa area including saunas, steam baths and massage programmes. Fantastic meals served at their on site restaurant! Mountain bliss. See More
Hotel Solaria Ischgl 60 rooms from £252Romantic Break - Rooms with beautiful views, evening meals in the restaurant and romantic rides around town with horse drawn sleighs.Total relaxation - Unwind in the hotel's sauna or book yourself a massage with one of the in house experts.Active Holiday - Ischgl has fantastic skiing and guests can make use of the hotel's gym and indoor pool.Great walks - Ischgl has many stunning hiking trails to explore and the hotel provides guides.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
A quirky and modern hotel right in the centre of Ischgl. The bright contemporary rooms all feature fantastic mountain views from their large windows and balconies. With a hearty breakfast buffet to start the day, and an extensive spa to unwind, it's the perfect mountain retreat. A chic choice. See More
Hotel Madlein Ischgl 74 rooms from £260Active Holiday - The perfect getaway for the active guest, with ski-to-door access, an on site gym and plenty of local hiking trailsFamilies - With lovely multi-person suites and childcare services, it's an ideal spot for Alpine family holidayTotal relaxation - Make the most out of the on site spa and massage facilities or take a dip in the outdoor hot tubGreat walks - For those less committed to hiking there are plenty of local trails to check out.Recommended by - Tablet
Hotel Madlein boasts designer rooms and suites in a central location. With ski-to-door access and its own gym it's perfect for those on an active holiday. The spa, massage facilities and hot tub will help you unwind after a long day. The hotel also has a range of cool bars, clubs and restaurants. See More
Elizabeth Arthotel Ischgl (Fimbabahnweg 4) 43 rooms from £345Honeymoons - After a day on the slopes, enjoy a cosy romantic candle-lit dinner for two with a glass of vintage wine.Total relaxation - Work off the days stress at the spa centre, with steamroom, sauna and an indoor heated pool.Swimming Pool - An indoor pool for all seasonsFull of character
A 5 star hotel in an unbeatable location, in the heart of Ischgl, overlooking the slopes. Chic and spacious rooms with impressive artworks, wooden floors, excellent views and some with private balconies. The on site restaurant, panoramic rooftop spa and lively bar complete the picture. See More
Hotel Trofana Royal Ischgl 111 rooms from £423Total relaxation - With a pampering spa, luxorious suites, fine dining restaurants and unrivalled service, this is a truly indulgent stay.Foodies - With a choice of award-winning cuisine from Michelin stars to Gault Maillau toques, and an excellent wine cellar.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
A luxury Alpine hotel boasting epic mountain views. The elegant rooms have large sash windows, leading onto private balconies. An expansive spa for all your post activity needs. Award-winning restaurants are perfect for indulgent evenings and the wine-cellar is particularly good. A chic choice. See More
Hotel Fliana Ischgl 56 rooms from £495Active Holiday - An excellent base for Alpine adventures and a spoiling spa and restaurant to return to in the evenings.Skiing - Ischgl provides a great mix of slopes for everyone from beginners to experts.Fishing - A choice of five high-altitude alpine lakes for fishing enthusiasts.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor pools.
A luxury hotel with epic mountain views. Well proportioned contemporary rooms feature enormous beds, parquet flooring and private balconies. Experience a modern take on Tyrolean cuisine in the chic restaurant. An expansive spa and two swimming pools for relaxation. Very chic. See More