Search the best hotels in St Anton
About St Anton
St Anton am Arlberg, known by locals as the ‘cradle of Alpine skiing’, is undoubtedly one of the finest ski resorts in the Alps. When combined with the unrelenting après-ski, St Anton becomes a universal favourite. The accommodation on offer varies wildly. Our selection of the best places to stay in St Anton features a good range from uber luxury to something for the party crowd.
With over 440km of descent in the combined ski area (which includes Lech and Zurs, two sections ideal for intermediates, as well as St Christoph am Arlberg and the Stuben sector) it will take even the most fanatical of skiers to explore the whole resort in a week.
St Anton provides skiing for everyone - for the novice, St Anton’s exceptional ski school will quickly have them up to speed - for the experts there is tough skiing to be found at Velluga and you will find challenging skiing throughout the resort.
For the non skier
Off the pistes, St Anton is an overgrown village with vast entertainment. It is perfect for anyone looking to indulge in some high quality retail therapy. Those with excess energy can enjoy ice-skating or curling at the sports centre while those with a more relaxed attitude can indulge in a hot chocolate at Base Camp. Someone seeking something slightly stronger wouldn’t do badly at the Mooserwirt, or can bounce along to the Krazy Kangaruh.
Most Alpine resorts have a marvellous selection of cuisine. St Anton is no exception and goes beyond the standard set by most. For lunch on the piste try the Hotel Arlberghohe before sampling some traditional Tyrolean food at the Museum Restaurant in the evening.
St Anton is famous for all night entertainment. Whilst there are enough bars and nightclubs to satisfy even the fussiest of party goers, Piccadillys and Bar Kandahar are the most popular.
With the resort offering skiing for all abilities the best places to stay in St Anton are recommended here. United in the exceptional quality they offer they are similarly accommodating to all desires. From the unparalleled luxury of the Hotel Tannenhof to the cool contemporary style emanating from Hotel M3, St Anton truly offers something for everyone.
What not to miss
- It goes without saying, the skiing (or snowboarding).
- Hike along glorious mountain paths during the summer months.
- Spend wild nights out exploring St Anton's best Apres ski spots.
- Feast on indulgent mountain fare.
- Shop till you drop in the villages high-end outlets.
As with any popular ski resort, to be sure of staying in one of the best places to stay in St Anton do make your plans and book early.
For ski-in ski-out
- The Hotel Schweiger enjoys a great ski in ski out location. Quietly situated above the village it's well-priced with contemporary but cosy rooms, suites and an apartment for five.
For access to lifts
- Looking for spacious home comforts and excellent facilities for young families? Hotel Bergschlossl is less than a stone’s throw from the lifts and right next to the ski school.
- Hotel Reselhof is a historic lodge well located close to the Nasserein Gondola. A sensitive restoration throughout sees interiors mixing traditional charm with contemporary style.
- Hotel Gletscherblick is a pretty chalet. Guestrooms and apartments are traditionally decorated with pine walls, armchairs, modern bathrooms and balconies. Apartments have full kitchen and living spaces.
- A pretty family-run chalet. Hotel Garni Europa has large rooms with pine wood furniture and details, modern bathrooms and beamed ceilings. Spa treatments available, sauna and cosy library. Centrally located to pedestrian area and ski lifts.
- If you and the family want to ski like demons and sleep like logs then Hotel Brunnenhof is the ideal place for you. Situated slightly outside St Anton, the frequent shuttle will ensure you are in the thick of things when you want to be and under a thick duvet at night.
- Hotel Post is a more traditional Antonine destination. It has been serving guests forever, but it’s unpretentious and let’s you get on with enjoying your company. Right next to the lifts too.
- Hotel Montana is a family-friendly chalet hotel with spacious rooms featuring pine furniture, modern bathrooms and seating areas.
- Himmlhof is a family friendly chalet. Rooms are decorated in contemporary Alpine style with pine wood furniture, beamed ceilings and modern bathrooms. Spa, sauna and large terrace to enjoy the view.
- A lovely chalet with apartment. Hotel Senn's rooms feature wooden wall panelling, lace details and some rooms with balconies. The apartment has a kitchen and living area. There's a sauna and sun deck and is centrally located. Splendid choice for a family ski trip.
For a central location
- Hotel Pete is a chic chalet in central town. Large room interiors feature birch wood panelling, contemporary furniture and grey stone bathrooms. Spa and saunas, decked sun balcony.
- Anthony's is an all-singing, all dancing slick new hotel in the very heart of the village.
- Dating back centuries, and owned by the same family since 1885, the Schwarzer Adler provides traditional, comfortable accommodation bang in the centre of St Anton.
For a contemporary stay
- The modern Hotel Rundeck offers contemporary rooms with dark wooden furniture, floor-to-ceiling windows, modern bathrooms and leather touches.
- Skihotel Galzig is a stylish, modern hotel on the slopes of the resort. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with balconies facing onto the slopes.
- Raffl's is a contemporary chalet hotel. Interiors feature wooden floors, modern fireplaces, leather furniture and big bathrooms.
- Find every whim catered for in the ultra luxurious 5 star Hotel Tannenhof.
For peace and quiet
- Der Waldhof is a quiet owner-run chalet. Modern and spacious rooms feature pine beamed ceiling, large French windows and armchairs. Sun terrace, spa, sauna and games for your pleasure.
For traditional charm
- Hotel Brunnenhof is a quiet traditional, family run hotel housed in a 300 year old building.
- Hotel Bergschlossl is a comfortable typically Tyrolean hotel efficiently run by a knowledgeable local husband and wife team.
For the views
- The minimalist rooms at Valluga Hotel have a distinctly alpine feel, pine walls and beautiful views out over the mountains. With a deluxe spa and a cosy restaurant, it's the perfect refuge after a day on the slopes or trekking in the mountains.
For night life
When it comes to nightlife St Anton doesn’t disappoint. These next hotels are the best places to stay in St Anton for those whose heads are more likely to be banging to a club beat than resting on a pillow come the witching hour.
- Anthony’s is right in the heart of St Anton’s thriving pedestrianized centre. Modern but comfortable this is the place for the hip young crowd.
- Hotel Schwarzer Adler combines the tradition of St Anton with a position ideal for the bars and nightclubs, especially Bar Cuba, which dominate St Anton’s nightlife.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
St Anton is less than one hour by road from Innsbruck airport, one hour and 30 minutes from Friedrichshafen airport and about two hours by road (or around three hours by rail) from Zurich airport.
- For skiing travel between December and beginning of April. For hiking plan your trip in the summer months June - August.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Browse through our list of the best places to stay in St Anton.
Or feel free to call or email a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in St Anton
Best Hotels in St Anton
Hotel Reselhof St Anton 13 rooms from £85Country Escape - A wonderfully tranquil base to return to after spending a day in the mountains.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the epic Schnann Gorge for some swesome views.Minimum Stay - The hotel is only open Thursday to Sunday in the seasonRomantic - Good for couples.
Historic lodge well located close to the Nasserein Gondola. A sensitive restoration throughout sees interiors mixing the buildings traditional charm with contemporary style. Rooms feature plenty of pine and have a cosy alpine feel. A spoiling spa will sooth any aches and pains. Charming. No weekends See More
Hotel Montana St Anton 14 rooms from £85Families - A short walk from the ski lifts, with rooms big enough for all the family, spa for parents and hiking trails for allGreat walks - 270 km of marked hiking trailsTraditionalRestaurant - Recommended.
Hotel Pete St Anton 6 rooms from £95Romantic Break - Enjoy apertifs on the large balcony with outstanding views, chic spa, and romantic, modern Alpine decorFamilies - Very child friendly hotel with large suites, and abundance of family activities nearbyGreat walks - Spot the marmots, ibex and eagle on a mountain walkViews - Great views from hotel
Hotel Rundeck St Anton 27 rooms from £104Families - In a quiter part of town, and run by hands-on owners, this is ideal family spot for facilities, atmosphere and locationViews - Great views from hotelSpa
Anthony's St Anton 47 rooms from £117Restaurant - Steakhouse, pizzeria and cocktail barBar - Cocktails and the hotel's own barSkiing - 2 mins walk to the ski liftsClose to nightlife - In the centre of St Anton
Hotel Brunnenhof St Anton (St Jacob) 9 rooms from £123Child friendly - Children up to 8 years old stay in their parents' bedroom free.Family Suites - 30% reduction on third bedSkiingShort break
Hotel Senn St Anton (Dorfstraße 91) 11 rooms from £125Families - The apartment is ideal, with large living area, full kitchen and mountain views; use of sauna for adultsGreat walks - Miles of routes for all abilitiesViews - Great views from hotel
Hotel Schwarzer Adler, St Anton St Anton 17 rooms from £132SkiingSpa - Ayurvedic treatments available.Swimming Pool - Stunning Indoor PoolRestaurant - Recommended.
Hotel Gletscherblick St Anton 11 rooms from £142Groups - The cosy apartments are ideal for groups with full kitchens, panoramic balcony, living room and large bedroomsGreat walks - More than 300 km marked trails leading you into the mountainsKayaking - Available locally.Traditional
Pretty chalet. Guestrooms and apartments are traditionally decorated with pine walls, armchairs, modern bathrooms and balconies. Apartments have full kitchen and living spaces. Spa and sauna. Locally sourced gourmet menus, full wine cellar. Ideal for groups and close to ski lifts. See More
Das MOOSER Hotel St Anton 17 rooms from £143Skiing - Das Mooser is a truly ski-in, ski-out hotelRestaurant - Lovely rough wooden beams in the restaurant and great foodSpa - Great views of the mountains from the beautiful spaSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Heated Pool
Hotel Garni Europa St Anton (Dorfstraße 132) 13 rooms from £156Families - A family-run chalet with rooms big enough for the whole family, spa for adults and children's playgroundGreat walks - Network of paths through picturesque landscape making up a total distance of 270 kilometresLocal markets - Good for local colour.Traditional
Hotel Post, St Anton St Anton 65 rooms from £160Skiing - Very close to ski liftsSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolSpaRestaurant - Recommended.
Hotel Schweiger St Anton 15 rooms from £165Restaurant - Restaurant Griabli close by is open daily from 10.00 to 23.00 for Alpine menu for lunch and dinnerHotel - Winter or summer the hotel is open with plenty of activities all year roundViews - Panoramic mountain viewsShort break
Opened in 2013, the Hotel Schweiger enjoys a great ski in ski out location, quietly situated above the village. Well-priced with contemporary but cosy rooms, suites and an apartment for five. Generous afternoon tea in the sunny 'Lichtbrick' breakfast room with panoramic views. See More
Pepis Ski Hotel St Anton 19 rooms from £174Owner managed - three generations of the local Jennewein familyCar not required - close to bus and train stationsSkiing - Nearest ski lift is next door.Shops - Jennewein Pure Sports
Hotel Bergschlössl St Anton 10 rooms from £180Skiing - On the slopes, close to the Galzig and Gampen lifts and next door to the ski schoolChild friendly - Children up to age 3 stay for free in their parents' room.Spa - a treat for tired musclesRestaurant - Breakfast only
M3 Hotel St Anton 24 rooms from £182Contemporary - don't come here for dirndls and carved bed-headsRoof terrace - indoor. Breakfast in the Sky LoungeSkiingRestaurant - also popular café with great coffee
Hotel Garni Dr Otto Murr St Anton 14 rooms from £186Country Escape - With the pistes minutes away, as well as miles of walking routes, this quiet hotel is a great baseGreat walks - Well-mapped routes for all abilities, from one hour to ten hour routesTraditionalSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Valluga Hotel St Anton 21 rooms from £242Families - An ideal family skiing holiday, with babysitting services, family rooms, ski school and plenty of games and books.Views - Great views from hotelSpaRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
An excellent hotel in the ski resort town of St. Anton. The minimalist rooms have a distinctly alpine feel, with pine walls and beautiful views out over the mountains. With a deluxe spa and a cosy restaurant, it's the perfect refuge after a day on the slopes or trekking in the mountains. See More
Skihotel Galzig St Anton 21 rooms from £254Active Holiday - The perfect mountain escape for those keen on skiing, trekking and mountain climbing.Restaurant - Breakfast onlyViews - Great views from hotel
Der Waldhof St Anton 18 rooms from £269Hideaway - Set in quieter part of the town, this chalet is welcoming with peaceful lounges, fireplaces, and a terrace with mountain viewsViews - Great views from hotelRestaurant - Recommended.Spa
Himmlhof St Anton 15 rooms from £276Families - Cosy family rooms with beds in wooden nooks for children, and spa for the adults. Plenty of ski schools close byLocal markets - Art and craft markets in the spring; christmas winter marketsViews - Great views from hotelSpa
Raffl's St Anton 50 rooms from £338Active Holiday - Outstanding ski resort on the doorstep, on and off-piste pursuits. For after hours there is hotel spa and nightclub to unwindViews - Arlberg MassifSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Contemporary chalet hotel. Interiors feature wooden floors, modern fireplaces, leather furniture and big bathrooms. Spa, sauna, indoor pool and decked terraces. Excellent Austrian and international cuisine; buzzy bar and club lounge. A welcome update on the luxury ski chalet, with service to match. See More
Hotel Tannenhof St Anton 7 rooms from £1605Skiing - Fabulous skiing AND a fabulous hotel to go back toTotal relaxation - The absolute ultimate in chic luxuryRestaurant - Excellent food prepared by experts5* Luxury - Nothing is too much trouble