- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Leogang
Leogang is a former mining village and now important ski and mountain biking centre in the Pinzgau area of Salzburg. The best places to stay in Leogang offer luxurious comfort and easy access to all the available activities.
Along with Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Leogang is part of Austria’s ‘Skicircus’ and the combined areas form one of the country’s busiest and most popular ski destinations. There are over 200 kilometres of carefully maintained piste and all the attractions that the winter sports fans expect.
In the summertime the village becomes a mecca for the mountain biking fraternity with special ‘downhill’, ‘freeride’ and ‘dirt’ tracks. The summer months also make this a beautiful place for walking and hiking - the Birnbachloch cave and Griebener Moor are well worth exploring.
There is history too. Leogang has its origins as a mining town - first documented in the tenth century but dating back to Illyrian times. There is a great Mining and Gothic Museum full of fascinating Gothic structures.
What not to miss
- The 200km of well maintained piste for skiers to explore
- The admired mountain bike trails around the area, attracting many in the summertime
- Leogang also has a history dating back to the 10th century, so it is well worth exploring the Leogang Museums.
Don't forget that this is a popular holiday destination both in winter and summer months. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Leogang during the peak season, don't leave it til the last minute!
The best places to stay in Leogang
- Hotel Rupertus is a chic modern ‘eco hotel’ - all polished pine and alpine views. The cuisine is local or mediterranean - all organic. There are lots of organised activities for children, plus a playground and petting zoo!
For chalet chic
- Mama Thresl is a modern chalet with uber cool design and great views. The rooms are smart and comfortable with private balconies. There's a busy bar and restaurant that doubles as a weekend venue. A trendy spot.
Ski to the Door
- Holzhotel Forsthofalm is an ultra-smart eco-hotel in a prime location - you can literally ski to the door. The feel is of modern luxury. The restaurant is award-winning, and the roof top spa is not to be missed!
For an apartment or chalet
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Salzburg airport is 1 hour away, Munich is 2 hours away.
- Snowsports in the area happen when snowfalls, normally between December and April. Mountain Biking occurs during the warmer summer months when temperatures vary from 20 to 25 degrees between May and September.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure
Best Hotels in Leogang
Mama Thresl 50 rooms from £135Leogang
A contemporary ski chalet combining urban soul with alpine design. Cosy bedrooms with mountain inspired interiors and private outdoor balconies. An easy going bar and restaurant with late night venue at the weekends. A trendy spot for making the most of outdoor activities in winter or summer.Skiing - Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang - there is 270km of piste at your disposalFull of character - Rooms ooze alpine chic with exposed wood and stone galoreViews - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Tablet
Hotel Rupertus 49 rooms from £202Leogang Land
A chic eco-hotel boasting modern design with polished pine throughout and stunning Alpine views. Airy rooms feature large french doors bringing the surrounding nature in. Austrian and Mediterranean cuisine offered, all made from organic produce, naturally. Bliss.Families - A playground, children's programmes, petting zoo and plenty of garden space to keep little ones entertained.Eco break - The hotel's dedicated itself to the concept of sustainability and organic approach to holidaying.Active Holiday - The surrounding mountains provide an assortment of activities to keep outdoor enthusiasts busy.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
Holzhotel Forsthofalm 55 rooms from £307Leogang (Hütten 37)
An innovative and cool eco resort, in a stunning location surrounded by mountains. Rooms are contemporary with modern amenities, fireplaces and beautiful views. The restaurant has won awards, the chic bar is the perfect spot to cosy up in the evenings and the incredible rooftop spa steals the show!Active Holiday - A popular ski resort area, additional services for skiers at the hotel, hiking, mountaineering and much more!Foodies - The Kukka restaurant has been awarded 1 toque and 13 points by Gault Millau guide.Eco break - An eco friendly hotel bulit using all natural materials free from glue and metal.Swimming Pool - An outdoor pool for guests