Search the best hotels in Soll
A typical Austrian ski resort, Soll has long been a favourite of British and Irish families, who flock here in droves for the great variety of beginner and intermediate slopes, excellent childcare, cosy Tyrolean inns and unbeatable ski schools. Nestling in the massive SkiWelt area, visitors also have access to countless slopes - with peaks of up to 3000m - and the very best of demanding black pistes, and our pick of the best places to stay in Soll ensure easy access to all of this.
With the arrival of Autumn and Winter, the world surrounding this picturesque and quaint Austrian village totally changes: the cows are led from their summer mountain homes down into the valleys below and the slopes and valleys once carpeted with wildflowers become thick with snow.
Soll itself is a pretty little town, and wholly Tyrolean: old and cosy timbered inns line the streets alongside chic new bars and gourmet restaurants serving the best of local produce.
It is also a thriving summer destination with plenty of activities on offer for all ages and athletic abilitites.
What not to miss
- Enjoy access to the largest ski area in Austria - the SkiWelt-Kaiser-Wilder area!
- Dine out at one of the many old inns and gourmet restaurants in town.
- Experienced skiers should ski from the summit of Hohe Salve, down the "Black Eagle" run or attempt the infamous "Black Pipe", a ski route with an 80% incline.
- Try some skiing after dark - Soll has over 11km's of ski runs geared up for night skiing, and is considered the best place in Austria for this.
- Summer visitors should not miss all the stunning hiking and biking trails around the village and mountains.
A quaint and cheery resort, Soll is perfect for families. Just don't forget that if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Soll (especially during the school holidays) you'll have be organised and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Soll
- Hotel Der Greil: charming rooms mixing traditional Alpine aesthetics with chic style. Enjoy dining at the wonderful Tyrolean restaurant or unwinding in the pampering spa. Great value!
- Hotel Hexenalm: offering spacious rooms adorned with pine walls and furniture, it is perfect for large families. There is an excellent gourmet restaurant, a heavenly spa and a children's programme to keep the kids entertained!
- Chalet Hotel am Leitenhof: offering both rooms and chalets, this luxurious hotel is the true definition of Alpine chic. With modern glass fronted fireplaces carefully combined with typical Tyrolean decor, the rooms are bright and beautiful. Fine dining or more casual options. Great for families too.
For an apartment or chalet
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of chalets and apartments in the nearby area.
- For wintersports the season runs from December to March/April, but January is the best month to visit if you'd prefer the slopes to yourself. For summer visitors, we'd recommend a stay in July or August for the warmest temperatures.
- Fly to Innsbruck - 78km away - and either get a shuttle bus to Soll or a taxi.
- For carhire, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Tyrol
- or neighbouring Vorarlberg
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Soll
Best Hotels in Soll
Hotel Der Greil Soll from £90Skiing - Excellent conditions in the SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser. Be adventurous and try your hand at night skiing.Active Holiday - With the Alps on your doorstep there's numerous activities to keep one entertained.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Romantic - Good for couples.
Charming rooms mix traditional with modern style; think parquet floors, floor to ceiling windows and simple modern furniture. A spoiling spa will undo any post-activity aches and pains plus there is an indoor pool. The Austrian restaurant boasts an exemplary wine list. Spectacular - has it all. See More
Hotel Hexenalm Soll 28 rooms from £95Families - Fantastic array of child-friendly adventures like treasure hunts and torch walks, and spacious rooms for the whole familyGreat walks - Two cable cars provide access to a vantage point, the Hohe Salve mountainCooking classes - Alpine cheese making and bread baking classes - hotel can help arrangeViews - Great views from hotel
Family-friendly hotel nestled amidst the Tyrolean mountains. Spacious guestrooms include pine furniture, some with exposed wooden walls. Sauna, solarium and relaxation room. Authentic locally sourced menu in laid-back restaurant. Excellent programme of children's activities. See More
Chalet Hotel am Leitenhof Soll (Scheffau am Wilden Kaiser) 31 rooms from £213Skiing - Wilder Kaiser Brixental is the largest ski area in Austria with 90 modern lifts and 200km of slopes.Families - An indoor and outdoor playground and babysitting available to keep little ones entertained.Active Holiday - Skiing in the winter, hiking in the summer. Ideal for a real holiday outdoors.Views - Great views from hotel
A luxury hotel and chalets in one of Austria's best ski resorts. Design in the rooms is a mix of contemporary comforts: think glass fronted fireplaces with traditional Tyrolean style. An option of fine dining or more relaxed dinners. Chalets are the ideal set up for families. Alpine perfection. See More