- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Tofino
Tofino, with 1900 permanent residents lies on the west coast of Vancouver island, on the tip of the Esowista Peninsula. It's a popular holiday destination and the best places to stay in Tofino are perfect bases for making the most of the area, whether you're here for the whale watching, surfing, or simply a scenic getaway.
The resort enjoys a climate that is almost the definition of ‘temperate’. The winters are warm and the summers not too hot. As a result of this you'll find many rare and exotic palms growing here.
During the summer months the town’s population swells manyfold with the influx of tourists. People come here to surf, camp and fish. It attracts nature lovers, bird watchers, whale watchers and storm watchers! The Pacific Rim National Park Reserve is closeby with its hot springs. The Maquinna Marine Provincial Park, 28 miles distant, is an interesting day trip by boat or float plane.
There are a number of festivals to enjoy throughout the year:
- In May the Pacific Rim Whale Festival celebrates the migration of thousands of Grey Whales,
- in June Tofino hosts a Food and Wine Festival with British Columbian wines to the fore.
- There's a Lantern festival in August,
- ‘Art in the Garden’ in September
- and the O’Neill Coldwater Surf Classic in November - Canada’s only professional surfing competition.
Tofino has an airport and is also accessible by ferry and road from the mainland. Just remember that if you plan to visit during the busy summer months, the best places to stay in Tofino will be extremely busy, so do yourself a favour and book well ahead.
For panoramic views
- Wickaninnish Inn is a great romantic hideaway which enjoys fantastic ocean views. The rooms and suites are luxurious. The ‘Pointe’ restaurant serves top notch west coast dishes, plus there's a good bar and spa. This is an ideal location for surfers, kayakers, birdwatchers and walkers.
For a private beach
- Long Beach Lodge Resort is perched on the stunning Cox Bay Beach. Rooms are cosy and classic in style, some with fireplace, and those who book a cottage get private beach access too! Floor to ceiling windows in the restaurant mean dinner with unforgettable views.
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort is ideal for families with its luxury flexible accommodation in suites, studios and beach houses. There's also plenty to do for all ages from surfing, to boogie boarding to hiking in the nearby Pacific Rim National Park.There are plenty of dining options on site and the views are simply superb.
Nothing amongst our pick of the best places to stay in Tofino that fits the bill? Expand your search to include our pick of all the best hotels on Vancouver Island, or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Best Hotels in Tofino
Long Beach Lodge Resort 61 rooms from £147Tofino
A charming lodge perched on the beautiful Cox Bay Beach. Rooms feature comfy beds and fireplaces, upgrade to a cottage for direct private beach access. Wall to wall windows give the restaurant an impression of opening right out into the bay. Warm and welcoming beach getaway.Great walks - Pacific Rim National Park Reserve Tofino Unit is only 3.5 km away.Sailing - The hotel will organise private boat charters from the bay.Surfing - Hotel hosts onsite surfing lessons.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Wickaninnish Inn 75 rooms from £132Tofino (British Columbia)
Panoramic sea views, throw in sublime food and an all natural spa and this becomes a romantic hideaway location. Comfort and luxury adorn all the rooms and suites, with balconies and modern bathrooms. Pointe Restaurant serves West Coast dishes or head to On The Rocks for a sundowner.Surfing - Surfing, and the new craze of SUP (Stand Up Paddleboading) is a popular past time.Kayaking - Take a leisurely kayak trip, ideal for all the family.Birdwatching - Try and sight the regal bald eagles.Great walks - Explore Chesterman Beach at sunset.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Pacific Sands Beach Resort 77 rooms from £330Tofino (British Columbia)
Luxury apartments with undisturbed sea views. Fully equipped kitchens, comfortable beds, seating areas and outdoor decks add to the hideaway agenda. Bring out the beach BBQ, relax in the hot tub or explore the water sports available. The perfect romantic getaway or family home for the week.Romantic Break - A romantic and stunning spot, enjoy watching the sunset from your private veranda and unwinding in your luxurious apartment.Families - Apartments are the perfect excuse to get all the family together close to the ocean and make fantastic memories.Surfing - Lessons are avaliable - be sure to show interest to reception upon arrival so that they can arrange accordingly.Sights nearby - Explore the tidal pools with a net and maybe you will be bringing in dinner.Recommended by - Fodors