- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The Best Hotels on Vancouver Island
Remote feeling, windswept and astoundingly beautiful, Vancouver Island is scattered with colourful communities, most of them founded on fishing or logging, and home to friendly locals proud of their island and its uniqueness. The best hotels on Vancouver Island are equally well scattered, some in the wild, rugged interior, some along the western coast where there’s amazing views of the ocean and equally amazing surfing, and some in the foodie-friendly Cowichan Valley.
Our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels on Vancouver Island include some great apartment and cottage options if you’re travelling with your family, plus a super romantic retreat if you’re just travelling with your significant other. But either way, we hope you find something perfect on our list of the best hotels on Vancouver Island.
The Best Hotels on Vancouver Island
- The Clayoquot Wilderness Resort is a remote glamping resort in the astoundingly beautiful Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Reserve. There are 20 ‘rooms’, but they’re more like Victorian era safari tents, with opulent Oriental rugs, antique four-poster beds and roaring wood stoves. You can only get to the resort by seaplane or boat, so this is one of the most unspoiled regions in North America, but the food is still five star.
For a coastal spot
- Long Beach Lodge Resort is a charming lodge perched on beautiful Cox Bay Beach, close to Tofino and the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve. There are 61 rooms, some in the lodge and some in cottages - which have their own direct access to the lodge’s private beach. There are wall to wall windows in the restaurant, opening out onto the bay.
- In a very similar spot, just along the coast, you’ll find the Pacific Sands Beach Resort, with its luxurious apartments featuring fully equipped kitchens and private outdoor decks. Some of the apartments have hot tubs, and you’re close to some lovely tidal pools. Great for families.
The Best Value Hotels on Vancouver Island
- The Black Rock Oceanfront Resort is a beautiful spa resort with 133 spacious, light rooms and suites. The suites have their own kitchens, fireplaces and chic wood and stone features. And the pool deck faces out onto the ocean. You’re surrounded by natural beauty from the beaches to the views inland, but you’re also staying somewhere hip and reasonably priced.
- The Wickaninnish Inn offers panoramic sea views, an all-natural spa and wonderful food. Making it romantic and quite luxurious. There are 75 rooms, all with balconies, plus there’s a bar and restaurant. And all for around £130 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels on Vancouver Island might be perfect for you? Contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Long Beach Lodge Resort 61 rooms from $192Tofino
A charming lodge perched on the beautiful Cox Bay Beach. Rooms feature comfy beds and fireplaces, upgrade to a cottage for direct private beach access. Wall to wall windows give the restaurant an impression of opening right out into the bay. Warm and welcoming beach getaway.Great walks - Pacific Rim National Park Reserve Tofino Unit is only 3.5 km away.Sailing - The hotel will organise private boat charters from the bay.Surfing - Hotel hosts onsite surfing lessons.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Pacific Sands Beach Resort 77 rooms from $430Tofino (British Columbia)
Luxury apartments with undisturbed sea views. Fully equipped kitchens, comfortable beds, seating areas and outdoor decks add to the hideaway agenda. Bring out the beach BBQ, relax in the hot tub or explore the water sports available. The perfect romantic getaway or family home for the week.Romantic Break - A romantic and stunning spot, enjoy watching the sunset from your private veranda and unwinding in your luxurious apartment.Families - Apartments are the perfect excuse to get all the family together close to the ocean and make fantastic memories.Surfing - Lessons are avaliable - be sure to show interest to reception upon arrival so that they can arrange accordingly.Sights nearby - Explore the tidal pools with a net and maybe you will be bringing in dinner.Recommended by - Fodors
Clayoquot Wilderness Resort 20 rooms from $1156British Columbia
A remote glamping resort in the arrestingly beautiful Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Reserve. The Victorian style safari tents ooze opulence with Oriental rugs, antique fourposters and roaring wood stoves. The chefs prepare locally sourced mouthwatering food to a five star standard. Utter heaven!Fishing - There is a array of fly fishing, deep sea fishing and lake fishing available, be sure to inquire about seasonal changes.Back to Nature - Only accessible through seaplane or boat this is one of the most unspoiled areas in North America.Kayaking - Favourite ocean kayak excursions include whale, porpoise and bear watching in nearby Warren Bay.Sights nearby - Gentle 2km boardwalk trek to the seven natural geo-thermal pools of Hot Springs Cove.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Wickaninnish Inn 75 rooms from $172Tofino (British Columbia)
Panoramic sea views, throw in sublime food and an all natural spa and this becomes a romantic hideaway location. Comfort and luxury adorn all the rooms and suites, with balconies and modern bathrooms. Pointe Restaurant serves West Coast dishes or head to On The Rocks for a sundowner.Surfing - Surfing, and the new craze of SUP (Stand Up Paddleboading) is a popular past time.Kayaking - Take a leisurely kayak trip, ideal for all the family.Birdwatching - Try and sight the regal bald eagles.Great walks - Explore Chesterman Beach at sunset.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort 133 rooms from $113British Columbia
Beautiful spa resort on a rocky headland of the West Coast of Vancouver Island. The spacious and light suites come with kitchens, fireplaces and chic stone and wood features. The pool deck faces out onto the magnificent ocean for an invigorating dip. A hip outpost on this raw coastline!Great walks - Explore the Wild Pacific Trail that winds along the breathtaking rugged coast.Fishing - Surrounded by beaches there is a multitidude of fishing opportunities nearby.Surfing - Find great surfing beaches under a mile away.Swimming Pool - Outdoor seasonal.