Search the best hotels in Cayman Islands
About Cayman Islands
Ninety miles south of Cuba, the Cayman Islands boast some of the world’s most beautiful coral reefs, as well as idyllic white-sand beaches and lots for active travellers or sociable visitors to see and do. Spread across the islands of Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac are a whole host of wonderful accommodation options, including simple, diving-focused guesthouses and lavish luxury resorts fit for a range of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in the Cayman Islands are right on the beach, perfect for making the most of the glorious sand and sea.
The largest of the islands, Grand Cayman, is famed for its opulent resorts, and its wide array of restaurants, bars and boutiques. There are historic mansions to visit, lovely botanical gardens and national museums, too. Many of our top hotel picks are set along striking Seven Mile Beach, a spectacular stretch of powdery white sand, brilliant for sunbathing, picnicking and heading out to swim, snorkel or sail. This is the island to choose if you're looking for something hip and lively.
Little Cayman, on the other hand, is a quiet, laid-back spot, especially popular with divers or those looking to simply relax. Just nearby sits Cayman Brac, the most rugged of the islands, where you’ll find nature trails, great hikes and plenty of wildlife-spotting both on land and under the sea.
Whether you’re an active family looking to get the kids into scuba diving, or a keen couple with stacks of diving experience, the Cayman Islands are a terrific choice for a superb Caribbean escape with a tremendous range of diving sites to discover, including atmospheric shipwrecks, bright coral reefs and impressive drop-offs. The best places to stay in the Cayman Islands fill up fast, so book your stay well in advance if travelling around Christmas and New Year!
The Best Places to Stay on The Cayman Islands
FOR A LUXURY RESORT
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman is an elegant five-star resort spread across 144 acres on Grand Cayman's west coast. Expect sophisticated interiors with crisp, clean lines and spellbinding ocean views, a gym, a magnificent spa, six restauraunts and a nine-hole golf course. Gorgeous for a romantic escape or an active family holiday.
- Kimpton Seafire Resort & Spa promises stylish, contemporary rooms and suites in an extensive complex on Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman. Pick this place for seamless service and a plethora of facilities and activities — including a sensational spa. A luxurious Caribbean resort for couples or families.
- The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa is an expansive resort ideal for active couples. Unwind at the spa, hit the gym and try myriad activities before feasting on delicious food and cracking cocktails. A Grand Cayman standout, with crisp, modern rooms in a soothing blue and white palette. Very popular for weddings.
- Sunset House Hotel prides itself on being a top diving spot, with specific diving packages built into your stay, including trips to famed wrecks, diving training and refresher courses. Rooms are simple and comfortable, there's a laid-back restaurant serving delectable fresh seafood, an onsite swimming pool and lots of watersports opportunities. A Grand Cayman diving icon since 1958. One for keen divers dreaming of adventure!
- Little Cayman Beach Resort is a fun, family-friendly pick for divers and active travellers in Little Cayman. 40 lovely rooms offer flexible family accommodation, there's a great pool, free bike hire, a spa and heaps of world-class diving. The gourmet food is a huge draw, too!
- Brac Reef Beach Resort is a friendly seaside pad with an appealing diving focus on gorgeous Cayman Brac. Stay here as a couple, group or family, for fantastic diving and snorkelling, as well as relaxed days in the pool followed by delicious seafood dinners. There are flexible room options for groups or families.
FOR BOUTIQUE Bliss
- Hotel Locale is a modern, minimalist spot for business or leisure travellers looking to experience both the beach (Seven Mile Beach is 150 yards away) and Grand Cayman's thriving nightlife in nearby George Town. Stay here for the cool, pared-back interiors — which include flexible family options — the saltwater pool, and the funky bar and eatery. A 42-room boutique pad with an urban vibe and terrific cocktails.
- Le Soleil d'Or is a luxurious idyll, perfect for kicking back in striking surroundings on Cayman Brac. Set on an extensive farm, the property prides itself on its verdant grounds and superb farm-to-table cuisine. Accommodation options are flexible, with standalone houses for groups and families, or smaller one-bedroom hideaways. Lounge by the pool, hit the beach or try diving, rock-climbing, hiking and snorkelling with expert guides. Absolute bliss.
- Palm Heights is a glamorous design hotel for romantic couples in search of old-school style on Grand Cayman. Characterful suites feature appealing living areas with sandy colour palettes and views of Seven Mile Beach, whilst the resort itself offers a cool athletic club and spa, as well as sophisticated bar and eatery. A chic pick for well-heeled travellers.
- Southern Cross Club began life as a tiny fishing spot in Little Cayman, back in 1958. The property now features 14 chic, brightly-painted cottages set along 900m of beach. Think romantic candlelit feasts, superb diving and fishing in a beautifully laid-back, elegant setting. A barefoot honeymoon favourite.
- The Caribbean Club is a collection of opulent suites and villas on superb Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. Lavishly furnished and featuring fully-equipped kitchens (with the option of having the fridge stocked before you arrive), this spot is ideal for families, groups, or guests looking for some extra independence. There's a great restaurant and access to watersports for guests of all ages, too!
- Pirate's Point is made up 11 rooms and suites — one of which is specifically for families, whilst others offer twin or double bed options — in relaxed beachfront cottages on Little Cayman. Unwind in hammocks slung between swaying palms, explore by bicycle, amble along nature trails or kick back in the hot tub and the swimming pool. There's fabulous diving at the area's many sites, as well as training courses of varying lengths. For groups or families in search of comfortable charm and hospitality.
- Sunset Cove Condominiums is a friendly Grand Cayman pick for families or groups. One, two and three-bedroom suites include generous kitchens, large balconies and lots of space for the whole family to relax. There's a fun vibe at the restaurant & bar, the swimming pools — one specifically for children — and the beach, which is great for snorkelling. Ideal for chilled family trips.
- Grand Cayman Beach Suites is a family-friendly Grand Cayman resort boasting lovely 2-bedroom suites with bright, comfortable decor, a lively kids club, three restaurants and a spa. With lots for both grown-ups and little ones, this is a top pick for an affordable Seven Mile Beach stay.
FOR GREAT VALUE
- Turtle Nest Inn and Condos is a great-value pick for couples, groups or families. Set on the quieter south coast of Grand Cayman, the hotel features two swimming pools and direct beach access with a collection of rooms, self-catering apartments and condos in pretty, Mediterranean-style buildings.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM) on Grand Cayman, and hop aboard a short flight to Cayman Brac or Little Cayman from there. Many flights come via Miami or Nassau. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport transfer in advance.
- There's lots to see in the Cayman Islands! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between November and mid-April for warm, dry weather. If you're on the hunt for great hotel deals, May and June is a brilliant time to visit. The hurricane season — July to November — is best avoided.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Grand Cayman.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cayman Islands
Best Hotels in Cayman Islands
Turtle Nest Inn & Condos Bodden Town, Cayman Islands from £77Views - Stunning ocean views from all angles.Diving - Enjoy a two-tank dive with Ocean Frontiers.Kayaking - You can take out one of the hotel's kayaks.Swimming Pool - Two outdoor freshwater poolsRecommended by - Fodors
Hotel Locale 455 W Bay Rd, Grand Cayman 42 rooms from £155Local exploring - The hotel is located in the heart of seven mile beach- perfect for discovering the area's nightlife and cultureBeach Life - Experience the white sand, bright coral, and dazzling blue waters of seven mile beachSights nearby - Tour Stingray city and swim, feed, and take photos with Atlantic StingraysSwimming Pool - Outdoor saltwater pool
A new boutique hotel set less than 150 yards from Seven Mile beach. 42 contemporary rooms and suites feature kitchenettes and smart minimalist design. Lounge by the pool, sip on cocktails and eat pizza at the Kitchen. Perfect for discovering the nightlife and attractions of George Town. See More
Sunset Cove George Town, Cayman Islands from £164Families - Two bedroom condos with kitchens are ideal for families.Beach LifeViews - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Large outdoor pool with wading pool and whirlpool
A large cheerful beach resort surrounded by white sands and azure ocean views, but still within walking distance from shopping, nightlife and attractions. Colourful rooms and two-bedroom condos have kitchenettes and balconies. Swimming pool and kids pool, restaurant, and beach. See More
Sunset House Hotel George Town, Cayman Islands 52 rooms from £201Active Holiday - The hotel's main things are diving and snorkelling, for which it has a renowned dive centre.Diving - The rocky shoreline is renowned for its diving. Complimentary dive lockers are provided.Families - All rooms, suites and apartments have two double beds.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Fodors
An intimate spot on a rocky shoreline with renowned diving and snorkelling. Rooms, suites, and apartments with kitchens all have two double beds. Seawater pool & ladder to the sea, sunset boat trips and dives, restaurant, bar and miles of ocean views. Family friendly, three-day packages for divers. See More
Le Soleil D'or Cayman Brac 8 rooms from £246Beach Life - A stunning seaside escape, located on a picturesque white sand beach with turquoise seas.Diving - Enjoy more than 50 dive sites, including reef, wall and wreck diving and 100-foot crystal clear visibility.Birdwatching - There's almost 200 part- and full-time resident species of birds on Cayman Brac.Romantic - Good for couples.
A luxury hotel boasting an epic location on a white sand beach. Take a room in the boutique hotel or, for utter privacy, hire a villa. Find simple Mediterranean style with white on white and plenty of light. Dine on exquisite cuisine with produce coming from the property's own farm. Fabulous. See More
Palm Heights Beach Grand Cayman 52 rooms from £257Active Holiday - The hotel can arrange a host of water activities from jet skiing, kayaking, crystal kayaking, paddle boarding and snorkellingBeach Life - The hotel is nestled on Seven Mile Beach, one of the Caribbean’s most coveted stretches of white sandTotal relaxation - Indulge at the spa or relax on loungers by the pool/beachDiving - Freediving and scuba diving can be arrangedRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A barefoot luxury boutique hotel set on the picture-perfect white Seven Mile Beach. Contemporary suites feature sunny hues, private balconies, ocean views and marble bathtubs. Sip on tropical cocktails poolside, try out some of the watersports, and eat delicious fresh seafood. A beachside haven. See More
The Westin, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands 343 rooms from £257Sights nearby - Visit the ancient coral formations of Hell only six km from the property.Diving - Diving lessons are offered in the resort’s diving centre.Swimming Pool - Beautiful outfoor pool.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Cayman Brac Beach Resort Cayman Islands 40 rooms from £265Diving - Dive the best sites in both Cayman Brac and Little Cayman, including famous Bloody Bay Wall.Active Holiday - The resort is dedicated to diving.On the beach - Located on the South Shore of Cayman Brac with 1,000 feet of beautiful white sand beach.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A dive resort geared up for exploring some of the best Cayman dive spots. Caribbean style ocean view rooms and suites, al fresco dining, movies on the beach, spa, outdoor massages, tennis courts, and access to pure white sands. Ideal for families and those with a sporting agenda. See More
Little Cayman Beach Resort Little Cayman, Cayman Islands 40 rooms from £304Active Holiday - Diving, swimming, fishing, mainly waterports to get involved in.Beach Life - White sands for miles.Diving - Good diving nearby.Views - Great views from hotel
A boutique chic diving resort with one and two bed cottages that you can walk straight out of onto the beach. Creamy interiors and all the mod cons, large pool, bikes to borrow, boats to hire to dive the reefs, gourmet restaurant, and special beauty treatments in the spa. Family friendly, sporty. See More
Grand Cayman Beach Suites George Town, Cayman Islands 53 rooms from £312Beach Life - The ultimate resort geared up to beach life.Swimming Pool - Two outdoor pools, one with swim up bar, the other with a whirlpool.Kids Club - Lil Turtle Kids Camp for children aged 3-11Views - Great views from hotel
A good Four Star beach resort with excellent facilities. Elegant two-bed suites in picturesque surroundings with sea views. Three restaurants, a spa and beauty therapies, large pool, kids club, and just a short walk onto the beach. Perfect for families and those who like having everything on site. See More
Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 353 rooms from £343Families - Superb kids club and plenty of trips for all the family such as guided eco walks. Suites with lounges are perfect for familiesBeach Life - Enjoy the Ritz's cabanas, with lounge chairs, ipod docks, bathrobes, snacks and butler service all dayGreat walks - Exploring the mangroves on a guided eco-tourKids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Fodors
Luxury 5* beach resort. Decor is crisp and chic with white furnishings, mahogany four poster beds, marble bathrooms and local artworks. Outdoor pool, gym, spa, tennis courts, golf course, watersports centre. Excellent Cayman cuisine in Blue restaurant, elegant bar. Total relaxation and pampering. See More
Pirate's Point Little Cayman, Cayman Islands 11 rooms from £356Active Holiday - Diving is the focal point at the resort.Swimming Pool - Large fresh water swimming pool.Beach LifeDiving - Good diving nearby.Recommended by - Fodors
An island get away with boutique chic accommodation, a diving centre, and miles of white sand. Charming rooms and suites in cottages on the beach, large fresh water swimming pool, gourmet restaurant, bikes, hammocks, hot tub, nature trails, and of course diving. Family friendly, 7 day packages. See More
Seafire Resort & Spa Cayman Islands 266 rooms from £414Beach Life - With its own stunning private beach, swim and snorkel in turquioise waters or relax in the hotel sun loungersSights nearby - Interact with nature at Stingray City or Cayman Turtle Farm. Spy exotic floral displays at Queen Elizabeth II Botanic ParkGreat walks - Don’t miss a stroll on the island’s first coastal walking and biking boardwalk, passing right through the resortSpa - A fully serviced spa and wellness centre offering many types of massage and treatments
Southern Cross Club Little Cayman, Cayman Islands 14 rooms from £465Fishing - For those who enjoy deep sea fishing the lodge has a fully-equipped 24′ Pursuit for tuna, dolphin, wahoo, and marlin.Diving - The reefs around provide some of the finest diving in the world.Beach LifeRomantic BreakRecommended by - Fodors
A honeymooner's paradise. Chic Caribbean-style cottages and honeymoon suites set on the beach. Romantic candle lit dinners, deep sea fishing, diving on the coral reef, gourmet cuisine, swimming pool, and as much relaxation or activity as you please. A tropical romance with a difference. See More
Kimpton Seafire Resort & Spa Grand Cayman 266 rooms from £630Families - Perfectly set up to give everyone a much needed break- with kids club, a shallow end pool with inflatable toys and babysittingTotal relaxation - With fabulously indulgent beach facing suites, deep soaking tubs, technicoloured sunsets and a pampering spaGreat walks - The island's first walking and biking boardwalk passes right by the hotel, or you can freestyle it on the beachLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
Take the Kimpton luxury hotel group, bring it to one of the Cayman Islands most iconic beaches, and you have a recipe that is guaranteed to work! Interiors are as elegant and indulgent as you would imagine, with well-placed nods to local culture. The facilities, cuisine and service don't disappoint. See More
Caribbean Club Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 37 roomsRomantic Break - Luxurious interiors, in-room massages, private sun decks and hot tubs, sunset horse riding and infinity poolFishing - Captain Marvin’s and Ezona’s Aquatics offer excellent fishing tripsPrivate Hot Tub - All suites and villas have hot tub bath tubs.Swimming Pool - Beachfront infinity pool with waterfall.Recommended by - Fodors
Opulent apartment complex. Decor is creamy with marbles, gilded mirrors, and large modern kitchens with granite bars. All suites & villas have hot tub bath tubs. Outdoor infinity pool, gym and massages available. Excellent Italian menu and slick bar. Luxurious and romantic. See More