Search the best hotels in Kingston
Kingston is the Jamaican's Jamaica, a busy city which contrasts sharply with the relaxed atmosphere of the island’s many resorts and white-sand beaches. The city’s appeal centres around its fascinating heritage and vibrant culture — you’re in the right place to delve into Jamaica’s famous foodie and music scene! Accommodation options range from hilltop hideaways to swish urban hotels, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Kingston are clustered within New Kingston, close to historic attractions as well as bustling bars and eateries.
Set in the south-east of Jamaica, Kingston has a long history as a trading port, and is fringed on one side by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea. There are some superb beaches nearby, including tranquil Fort Clarence Beach, Hellshire Beach and Lime Cay Beach. Venture to the village of Port Royal for an insight into Jamaica's long history of pirates and privateers, and to visit striking naval ruins with an expert guide. Behind Kingston are the beautiful Blue Mountains, ideal for lush jungle hikes, bird watching and panoramic views over the city and the ocean.
Kingston's city centre, on the other hand, is bursting with intriguing cultural sites. The Bob Marley Museum, in the reggae idol’s former home, is a particular highlight, as is Devon House, where George Stiebel — the Caribbean's first black millionaire — once lived. Other places of interest include the National Gallery of Jamaica, Trench Town Culture Yard and Liberty Hall. Emancipation Park and Parade are both excellent for a wander before eyeing up delicious fresh produce at Coronation Market, or sampling some spicy street snacks.
There’s no shortage of things to see and do in Kingston, and it’s well worth speaking to the team at your hotel or apartment for top-notch bar, food and live music recommendations whilst you’re in the city. Whether you’re travelling as a couple, with family and friends or on business, the best places to stay in Kingston offer a marvellous base from which to experience one of the Caribbean’s coolest capital cities.
The Best Places to Stay in Kingston
For a City Break
- The Spanish Court Hotel has 125 modern rooms and suites with pops of bold red and black. Set close to many of Kingston's historic attractions, the hotel has a pool and rooftop terrace where you can savour top-notch Jamaican and international cuisine. A trendy choice, near cafés, bars and clubs.
- Jamaica Pegasus offers a contemporary New Kingston stay for couples, families or business travellers. The high-rise hotel's 300 rooms have impressive city views and swanky decor, whilst there's a gym, spa, tennis courts, swimming pool and running track for active visitors. A smart city base with great facilities.
- Terra Nova is an opulent, all-suite hotel in central Kingston. With swish interiors, antique furnishings and a superb fine dining restaurant, spa and swimming pool this is an excellent choice for couples or families looking to explore the city. The mansion was built in 1924, and retains plenty of historic charm.
For a Hilltop Hideaway
- Strawberry Hill is a beautiful boutique hotel tucked away on the grounds of a former coffee plantation. The 13 lovely cottages feature Jamaican art and antiques, spectacular views across Kingston and the mountains, and a wonderfully laid-back hideaway vibe. Elegant, romantic and very special.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Norman Manley International Airport, 30 minutes by bus or taxi from the city centre. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- You'll find lots to explore by road in Jamaica! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Balmy temperatures average between 25 - 29°C throughout the year, with the peak season lasting from December to mid-April. May and October/November are generally rainy, with the hurricane season falling between June and November. Travel in late April or early December for fewer crowds and great hotel deals.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Montego Bay.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Jamaica.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Kingston
Best Hotels in Kingston
Spanish Court Kingston, Jamaica 108 rooms from £144City Style - This chic hotel is perfect for exploring the city's museums and nightlife.Swimming Pool - Infinity edged lap pool on the roof terraceSights nearby - Devon House Heritage SightTraditionalRecommended by - Fodors
Terra Nova Kingston 48 rooms from £148City Style - Explore the capital from this old-fashioned luxury hotel, with fine bar area and chandeliered dining roomsRomantic Break - Mansion built in 1924 with antiques, gilded mirrors and romantic bedroomsSights nearby - Devon House heritage sightOpulentRecommended by - Fodors
Strawberry Hill Blue Mountains, Jamaica 11 rooms from £211Hideaway - Enjoy the infinity pool with a view, hammocks and spa treatments before laid back drinks in this chilled hotelViews - Amazing 360 degree views from its hilltop location.Great walks - Get Rasta Dave to take you on one of his guided walks through the Blue Mountains. He is a mine of local information.Sights nearby - Craighton house coffee estate hike and tour tripsRecommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection, Tablet, I Escape
Boutique hotel on a hilltop perch amid the Blue Mountains. Gorgeous rooms feature antique Jamaican furniture, mahogany four posters & mountain-view porches. Outdoor pool, spa & yoga terrace. Delicious 'new Jamaican' cuisine, chilled bar area. A stylish stay with unbeatable views across Kingston. See More
Jamaica Pegasus Kingston, Jamaica 300 rooms from £234Local exploring - Perfect base to see the city sights fromSights nearby - Devon House and Bob Marley’s Tough Gong StudioSwimming Pool - Olympic size outdoor poolGreat walks - In the Blue Mountains