Search the best hotels in Montego Bay
About Montego Bay
Montego Bay is the poster-destination of many Caribbean holiday dreams, home to Doctor's Cave Beach, one of the island's most lauded beaches. It's easy to get to, via the large, local international airport, or the busy cruise terminal, and the whole area has been luxuriously developed with golf courses and rafting experiences, as well as beautiful all-inclusive resorts, which are some of the best places to stay in Montego Bay.
The city of Montego Bay is second only to Kingston for size, population and buzz. The Downtown area feels very real with its unique architecture and army of hawkers - possibly a bit intimidating, but the area around Gloucester Avenue, is much more tourist friendly, lined with shops, bars, cafes and hotels.
Gloucester Avenue is also just behind the crystal clear waters of Doctor's Cave Beach - which is a great place to snorkel as well as relax and have fun. Plus, there are of course plenty of also opportunities to dive, sail and windsurf.
What Not to Miss
- Float down Martha Brae River on a bamboo riverboat and take in the gorgeous scenery - utterly rejuvenating!
- Ras Natango Gallery and Garden is a true hidden gem. Tucked away in Camrose, this ecotourism attraction boasts a divine garden with absolutely stunning views.
- Greenwood Great House is one of the only surviving plantation houses that still exist on the island (most were destroyed in the December 1813 slave rebellion). It's retained most of its original furniture so is a real blast from the past - a must visit for history-lovers.
- Alternatively, visit the beautiful Rose Hall Great House and hear all about its mysterious past full of witch stories, ghost sightings and more.
The best places to stay in Montego Bay get quickly filled up - book well ahead if you want to avoid disappointment.
The best places to stay in Montego Bay
For a classic Jamaican beach break
- Round Hill is a five-star resort with direct access to the beach and loads of facilities and activities on offer. This is the kind of resort you definitely don't need to leave.
- The sumptuous The Tryall Club is a colonial-chic hotel with views over its own golf course and the coast. As well as the large pool, gym, tennis courts and gardens, The Tryall Club offers private villas which have their own pools. Great for those who want to do a bit of adventuring as well as relaxing.
- The Half Moon Resort is a large, luxurious resort directly overlooking Montego Bay. This resort really has it all, from riding, tennis and gym facilities to a vast spa and a choice of kid's clubs. But it's also beautifully designed with seaside terraces outside and some nice antiques inside.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Whilst the temperature hovers between 25-29°C year-round, be wary that there are two rainy seasons in May and from October to November.
- Plus, it's worth bearing in mind that hurricane season is from June to November.
- December to mid-April is generally considered the high season so expect to pay more for accommodation during these months.
- Fly into Sangster International Airport which is handily located right in Montego Bay itself.
- If you fancy exploring more of the island then consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Montego Bay
The Tryall Club Jamaica 87 rooms from £240Active Holiday - Abundance of activities can be organised by hotel from safari, swimming with dolphins, rafting as well as all watersportsGroups - Private villas come with fully equipped kitchens and private chefs if required giving a very secluded stayGolf - 18 hole course within hotelLocal markets - Take a golf cart over to the water wheel market-exclusively for guestsRecommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Sumptuous villa resort. Rooms are colonial-chic with lively prints, large bathrooms, views of the golf course or coast & private pools. Outdoor pool, gym, golf course, tennis courts and gardens. Choice of restaurants offering excellent local cuisine. A great choice for adventure types. See More
S Hotel Montego Bay 120 rooms from £218Spa breaks - Book this hotel for a spa break; the Irie Baths and Spa embraces Jamaican heritage and a holistic approach to wellnessBeach Life - With a prime seafront location and a private beach on Montego Bay, book this hotel for your dream island getawayRomantic Break - With smart guestrooms, a lively bar and great restaurants, this hotel is perfect for a romantic breakViews - Great views from hotel
This sophisticated lifestyle resort overlooks Jamaica’s famed Doctor’s Cave beach. The refreshing coral stone and native hardwood lobby leads to monochromatic rooms with nods to Caribbean style and culture. With a private beach, lively bar and pool terrace, this hotel is great for a romantic break. See More
Half Moon Resort St. James, Jamaica 197 rooms from £249Families - Clubs for younger children and teenagers, along with plenty of kid-friendly activities within hotelActive Holiday - Horse riding, watersports, tennis, yoga and swimming with dolphins to keep all active types happyGroups - Villas with up to seven ensuite bedrooms are perfect for larger families and groups.Spa breaks - A 68,000 square foot spa awaits you, with wonderful treatments, pool and views
Luxury resort overlooking Montego Bay. Elegant rooms feature four poster beds, antique furniture and seaside terraces. Riding, tennis and gym facilities. Outdoor pool and large spa. Superb traditional regional cuisine in choice of restaurants and bars. Secluded, opulent and family friendly. See More
Round Hill Montego Bay, Jamaica 110 rooms from £304Families - Plenty for children's entertainment, kid's club and restaurants are child-friendlyRomantic Break - Enjoy the spa, beach front horse rides, sailing, scuba diving and gourmet seafoodKids Club - Complimentary kids club. Activities incl nature walks, arts & crafts, watersports, talent shows, reggae lessons ...Great walks - Jogging and walking paths around the propertyRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Sensational 5* hotel. Large rooms feature white shutters, dark wood furniture and gorgeous bathrooms. Private villas have dedicated staff for every need. Spa, beauty salon and gym at your disposal. Outdoor pool, private beach area, tennis court & kids club. Luxurious, romantic and laid back. See More