Search the best hotels in Ocho Rios
About Ocho Rios
Once a quiet fishing village, this bay was deemed so postcard perfect that the Jamaican government decided this was just the place to entice international visitors. That was in the 1980s, and now the best places to stay in Ocho Rios are also some of the best places to stay in Jamaica, and possibly even the whole Caribbean.
The cruise ship companies have certainly come to the Ocho Rios party, and there are frequent dockings at the large central pier, but outside of the town, it's still possible to find your very own stretch of beach. And there are some very nice, very private all-inclusives, and some very luxurious resorts that even folk who shun the cruise crowds will be tempted by.
As well as the truly stunning stretch of coast, Ocho Rios has a lush, jungle-y interior which has been developed into a bit of an adventurer's paradise, with things like rafting and zip-lining on offer.
What not to miss
- Dunn's River Falls and Park is a fun place to take the family - you can even climb/walk up the waterfalls!
- Or if you fancy something a little more exhilarating then jump off the cliffs into the water at Blue Hole.
- Head off on tubing down White River, enjoying both the beautiful scenery and the crystal-clear waters.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Ocho Rios range from the excellent value Hibiscus Lodge to the truly outstanding GoldenEye.
The best places to stay in Ocho Rios
For beach break perfection
- GoldenEye is one of the world's great five-star beachfront hotels. Villas and cottages have mahogany details and direct beach access. There are two restaurants - both of them excellent, a freshwater infinity pool, an extensive spa and even a library. And the emphasis is on privacy. The Bond reference is because this is where several of the books were written - amongst all this beautiful peace and sunny tranquility.
- Jamaica Inn is a classic Caribbean beach hotel with sea views from almost every room, a magnificent private beach, both formal and informal dining. A very special, elegant destination.
For great value
- The Hibiscus Lodge is just a few minutes from the centre of town, but it's also got great cliff top views. This is a classical tropical hotel. Rooms start from £85 per night.
- The Shaw Park Beach Hotel is an all-inclusive beach resort with elegant rooms and private, sea-facing balconies. Quiet and quite charming with its surrounding lush, orchid-filled gardens, this hotel also has a great restaurant.
- If you're looking for a small family friendly resort, Hermosa Cove is for you. There are just nine, cosy, hand-crafted villas with kitchens and private pools. If you don't want to self cater there's an excellent seafood restaurant and the hotel will happily stock your fridge for you.
For an apartment, holiday home or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Whilst the temperature hovers between 25-29°C year-round, be wary that there are two rainy seasons in May and from October to November.
- Plus, it's worth bearing in mind that hurricane season is from June to November.
- December to mid-April is generally considered the high season so expect to pay more for accommodation during these months.
- Ocho Rios is located roughly equidistant between Sangster International Airport, in Montego Bay, and Kingston's Norman Manley Airport.
- You might want to drive from the airport to your final destination- if so, hire a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Ocho Rios
Hibiscus Lodge Ocho Rios, Jamaica 26 rooms from £108Sights nearby - Short walk from the centre of Ocho Rios. Dunn's River Falls. Dolphin Cove and Mystic Mountain are within 15 minutes driveSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Shaw Park Beach Hotel Ocho Rios, Jamaica 94 rooms from £148Local exploring - Enjoy the White River passing through the resort, Shaw Park Botanical gardens and plethora of watersportsSailing - Ocho Rios outing aboard the 90-foot yacht San SanOn the beach - Lovely, secluded stretch of beach on Cutlass BaySights nearby - Rose Hall Mansion & Montego Bay City TourRecommended by - Fodors
All inclusive beach resort. Elegant rooms have private balconies facing the sea and colourful furnishings. Outdoor pool and lush orchid filled gardens. Spa and gym for your pleasure. Superb cuisine from restaurant, both local and western foods. Quiet and charming and great value for money. See More
Hermosa Cove Ocho Rios, Jamaica 9 rooms from £195Hideaway - Private villas come with their own pools and walled gardens, if you wish, there is no need to leave as staff can prepare dinnerSights nearby - Dunn's River Falls and Dolphin Cove.Secluded setting - For escaping.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Fodors
Nine hand-crafted villas. Bedrooms are full of warmth with dark wood and leather furniture and views of the gardens. All come with kitchens which can be stocked by the hotel. Private outdoor pools, and excellent seafood restaurant. Intimate, luxurious and a real home from home. See More
Jamaica Inn Ocho Rios, Jamaica 51 rooms from £247Hideaway - Cottages have private access to the beach and private pools, mobile phones and TVs are restricted adding to the seclusionRomantic Break - Enjoy 6-course fusion meals, adult atmosphere, spa, beach activities and gardensOn the beach - Situated on one of Jamaica's loveliest beachesSpa - Waterfront treatments at the Ocean SpaRecommended by - I Escape, Frommers
Sublime hotel on a magnificent beach. Large, elegant rooms feature four poster beds, white shutters, antique furniture, and sea views. Outdoor pool, gym and spa for your enjoyment. Choice of excellent restaurants for either formal or informal dining. Secluded, gorgeous and grown-up. See More
GoldenEye Ocho Rios (Oracabessa) 47 rooms from £312Groups - The enormous villas have kitchen facilities, living room area, hammocks and private terracesWriting a novel - In the spot where all Bond novels were penned, find peace, quiet and inspirationSwimming Pool - Freshwater outdoor infinity pool, plus four acre private lagoonBirdwatching - 255 bird species can be viewed from the surrounding area.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Exquisite 5* beach front hotel. Villas, cottages and stilted beach huts have mahogany beds, shutters and direct beach access. On site restaurants serve up traditional Jamaican styles with a twist, from their organic garden. Historic and luxurious with the emphasis on privacy. Honeymoon heaven! See More