- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Virgin Gorda
About Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda is a plump, natural beauty, and pleasantly underdeveloped, with the best places to stay on Virgin Gorda ranging from small but perfectly formed resorts to great value colonial style cottages.
Virgin Gorda offers you classic, laid-back Caribbean pleasures: hotels and resorts beside superb beaches, isolated coves with just a friendly beach-bar, an amazingly bright blue seascape to explore and a supremely lush interior.
Popular with the yachting set because of its great range of bars and restaurants, and popular with movie stars and billionaires because most of us would choose to live here if we could, Virgin Gorda's real appeal is its unspoiled natural assets.
What Not To Miss
- The Baths, a series of giant granite rock formations, are probably the BVI's best known landmark and are definitely a must see!
- Hike up to the top of Virgin Gorda Peak and take in the marvellous views of the island.
- Head out scuba diving and go check out the Wreck of the Chikuzen, originally a Korean refrigerator ship, and now home to a wonderful array of marine life.
The Hotel Guru's pick of the best places to stay in Virgin Gorda are scattered all round the island, but all offer the perfect spot depending on your taste or budget.
The best places to stay on virgin gorda
For a special occasion
- The 26 room Mango Bay Resort is a collection of elegant villas lining an idyllic beach. The atmosphere is quiet and the decor is colonial.
- The Bitter End Yacht Club's collection of colonial style cottages feature dark wood and generous proportions. This is a great spot for an active holiday - and not just for sailors and fishermen either, although the hotel is very well set up for those two sports. You also have direct beach access if you're travelling with a sailor or fisherman - it's right on the marina.
- Little Dix Bay is a gorgeous, colonial style resort overlooking a palm-fringed beach. Little Dix is mid-sized so they're able to split their kid's clubs into age groups, and they offer all sorts of watersports to try. For adults too.
- Leverick Bay Resort is a colourful, family-friendly hotel with a marina, tennis courts, a lively restaurant, a spa and mooring facilities. Making it very popular with the sailing crowd. There are just 14 rooms and suites, some with self-catering facilities, starting from just £73 per night.
- Guavaberry Spring Bay is a charming collection of self-catering villas, with generous, full kitchen and large verandahs, plus they are surrounded by beautiful, lush, landscaped grounds.
For An Apartment Or Villa
If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- To be honest, there's never a bad time weather-wise to visit Virgin Gorda - with the average temperature staying between 26-30°C year round! However, hurricane season runs from mid-June to mid-November, so be wary if you're visiting at this time.
- Winter's definitely the high season, (from mid-April to mid-December), so expect the place to be more crowded and for accommodation to be on the more expensive side of things.
- You can fly into Virgin Gorda Airport, though it's served only by flights from the rest of the Caribbean and so requires at least one changeover if you're coming from the UK.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on Virgin Gorda.
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in the British Virgin Islands or the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Alternatively, feel free to contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Virgin Gorda
Little Dix Bay 100 rooms from $840Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
Gorgeous resort within the palm trees. The decor is colonial with wooden beamed ceilings, contemporary furniture and blue tiled bathrooms. Outdoor pool, beach access, spa, tennis courts, gym and watersports centre. Great Pan-Asian & seafood menus, ambient bar. Luxury stay in an unbeatable location.Families - Extensive and excellent kids club for both younger and teenage children; large family suitesRomantic Break - Palm-lined beach, outstanding spa, romantic beachfront dinner and gorgeous gardensSailing - Resort offers hobie cat sail boats to learn the art of sailingFishing - Half and full day deep sea fishing excursions can be arrangedRecommended by - Fodors
Bitter End Yacht Club 85 rooms from $630Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
Colonial style cottages on the marina. The decor is dark wood, contemporary furnishings and large bathrooms. Outdoor pool, spa, gym and direct beach access. Choice of great international and seafood menu in restaurants. A perfect location for an active holiday.Active Holiday - Outstanding range of watersports from this harbour location and specialist sailing coursesFishing - Catch elusive bonefish & Tarpon in the shallows surrounding Virgin Gorda, and Kingfish, Dolphin, Wahoo and Tuna just offshoreKayaking - Tandem and single Hobie “Lanai” and “Kona” kayaks are ideal for taking in the scenery surrounding Bitter EndSailing - Bitter End’s Basic Keelboat Course (additional fees apply) is taught on Rhodes 19s and IC-24sRecommended by - Fodors
Leverick Bay Resort 14 rooms from $119Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
Family friendly hotel with marina. Colourful rooms have rattan furniture, large bathrooms and balconies. Outdoor pool, tennis courts, mooring facilities and spa treatments. Superb and lively restaurant serving international cuisine. Laid back, jolly and ideal for sailing fans.Families - Suites have large kitchens/living rooms for family dining, plenty of child friendly activities and hotel entertainmentSailing - Seafarers are always welcome at Leverick Bay Resort & Marina. Hotel offers a full service dockLocal markets - Nautical Gallery in hotel - hand crafted jewelry, art and gifts in the CaribbeanDiving - Dive BVIRecommended by - Fodors
Guavaberry Spring Bay 12 rooms from $160Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
Charming self-catering villas set amid spectacular gardens. Spacious suites have full kitchens, beamed ceilings and large verandahs. Lush gardens with massive rocks & bougainvillea galore, and direct beach access. Peaceful, relaxed and perfect for independent travellers. Excellent value too.Hideaway - With kitchens and living rooms to whip up your own meals, a very secluded spot with white sandy beaches on your doorstepSights nearby - To the south lie the fabled "Baths", a spectacular phenomenon of tranquil pools and caves formed by gigantic bouldersViews - Some villas have wonderful view across the Caribbean to other small islandsGreat walks - Along Spring BayRecommended by - Fodors, Frommers
Mango Bay Resort, British Virgin Islands 26 rooms from $195Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
Six elegant villas on an idyllic beach, divided into smaller units & offering flexible accommodation. Decor is contemporary with Italian furniture and there are large outdoor terraces for lounging or dining. All units have BBQs and outdoor showers. Direct access to an unbeatable beach.Beach Life - Secluded bay, large hidden verandahs, full kitchens to take it at your own pace, watersports close bySwimming Pool - Only with larger private villasSights nearby - The BathsSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Fodors, Frommers