What a brilliant website. I shall speak of it far & wide ! David Campbell.
Search the best hotels in Anapoima
Anapoima is a sanctuary of rural retreat. A popular destination for folk escaping the noise and cold of Bogota, her rolling foothills are peppered with pretty cottages, grand country clubs and hiking trails that wind up through the looming eastern cordillera. The ancient Greeks had a word for the spirit of this town: eudaimonia, meaning The Good Life. Good company, a leisurely existence, lush tranquil countryside and wholesome activities, all of which Anapoima offers in abundance. It is a place of respite, warm climate and outdoor adventure activities and the best places to stay in Anapoima hold these traits with pride.
Around 85km West of Bogota, Anapoima is an amazing place for a weekend break from the hectic capital. After only a two-hour drive, you can be nestled into this warm and picturesque rural village. At the centre of the village stands the yellow and white church surrounded with shaded walkways of acacia trees, bars where you can buy a cool beer and lovely little restaurants.
It is a safe and friendly community and a popular destination for the upper echelons of Bogota society - the surrounding hills are lined with members-only country clubs, though the area has some great hotels too. There is not much in the way of tourist attractions, but the real charm of Anapoima lies in strolling through her beautiful hills: the area is home to a great variety of rare birds and the picturesque views of the mountains surrounding you is a sublime sight to behold.
There is much to do in Anapoima to keep you busy, if lounging in the sun all day sipping on a refreshing beer doesn't tickle your tastebuds. Adventure House, an off-road company based in the village, runs quadbike and motorbike tours around the countryside; the renowned Campo de Golf is in the nearby hills, a short walk away, and is very popular with golfers. In La Mesa, a town 7 miles away, there is an extremely beautiful 16th century church with a museum attached to it, full of artworks made by the indigenous peoples converted to Christianity; in La Mesa, you can also go rappelling and zip-lining through forest and mountains.
What Not to miss
- Outdoor activities: if motorbiking or quadbiking is your cup-of-tea, check out Adventure House in Anapoima. If you fancy a chance of rappelling and zip-lining through forest and mountains, go to Macadomia Bosque Adventura in La Mesa, 7 miles away.
- Churches: the yellow and white church in Anapoima is quite pretty, but La Mesa's grand 16th century church is extremely beautiful, and has a wonderful museum with artworks from the indigenous peoples converted to Christianity.
- Hiking: the area is a rural haven, a mass of rolling green foothills in the shadow of mountains. There are great views to be had and there are many species of birds in the region. There are trails for all whether you want to go for a short amble or a longer trek.
Anapoima is the ideal place to recharge your batteries: with a round-the-year warm climate that remains at a constant 30 degrees, verdant hills perfect for hiking or biking, gourmet restaurants and golf courses. It is a wonderful countryside retreat, and the best places to stay in Anapoima will leave you relaxed and ready to get back to the busy city.
The best places to stay in Anapoima
La Masia is a beautiful and inexpensive converted farmhouse sitting amongst lush gardens which surround a refreshing pool. A fantastic spot for a rural getaway, popular with couples and families alike. The nearby Piscilago Water Park is a great place to take the children!
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of apartments, cottages and villas in the nearby area.
- The weather does not change much throughout the year: 30 thirty degrees during the day and 20 degrees at night. To avoid the rain, try to visit between January to April or June to August.
- Fly to Bogota and then get a bus to Anapoima from the airport.
- If you want to hire a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Colombia,
expand your search to include the best places to stay in Bogota,
or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Best Hotels in Anapoima
La Masia Anapoima 14 rooms from £59
A chic farmhouse situated in tranquil gardens. Smart white washed rooms feature terracotta tiled floors, large french windows and crisp white linen. Feast on Spanish and Colombian delicacies in the open air restaurant. Unwind besides the stunning pool. The perfect spot for a relaxed rural escape.Country Escape - A contemporary farm house in picturesque surrounds. Perfect for restful stays.Secluded setting - For escaping.