Search the best hotels in Sipan
The largest of the Elafiti islands, Sipan is a quiet and peaceful island off the Dalmatian Coast. Lined with pleasant pristine beaches and centred around a lush green valley dotted with olive and fig trees, vineyards and citrus groves, it is the perfect little rural escape. Famed for its wine and relaxed vibe, it has two major settlements - Sudjuradj and Sipanska Luka - both of which boast several fascinating historic sites, including a 16th century castle, the 11th century Church of St. Peter and the noble ruins of an archbishop's palace. Once where the Dubrovnik aristocracy built their summer houses, now tourists flock to Sipan for its enchanting landscape, gorgeous beaches and simple way of life. The best places to stay in Sipan are cheap and combine contemporary comforts with simple, local rustic produce.
What not to miss
- Visit the Church of St. Peter, an 11th century beauty promising solace.
- Walk through the central valley and breathe in the scent of citrus and fig trees.
- Check out the marvellous 15th century villas in Spanska, built by aristocratic holidaymakers in the 15th century.
- Visit the stark and muscular 16th century castle of Sudurad.
- Enjoy sunbathing on one of the many beaches on the island, full of sheltered coves and pebbled beaches.
- Explore the ruins of the old archbishop's palace.
- Find comfort inside the Church of the Holy Spirit, built in 1569.
Serene, quaint and relaxed, you can't find a better holiday destination for sun, sand and rustic simplicity. If you want to get away from it all, or if you're looking for a great place for a family holiday, look no further than Sipan. Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Sipan to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Sipan
- Hotel Sipan: blending contemporary comforts with a rustic regard for cuisine, this is great for families and couples alike. The lightwood rooms are bright and chic, full of artworks, and some of them have sea facing balconies. The restaurant serves up sumptuous locally-sourced and fresh cuisine, making this the perfect seaside getaway.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 20 and 30 degrees.
- Fly to Dubrovnik Airport and get a ferry to Sipanska Luka (the journey takes 2 hours).
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Dalmatian Coast
- or Croatia
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Sipan
Best Hotels in Sipan
Hotel Sipan Hrvatska, Sipan 76 rooms from £40Beach Life - Plenty of hidden bays to discover by boat or kayak, stroll through pretty harbour or wander down to one of many sandy beachesKayaking - Only a kayak will enable you to swim in the most secluded and most beautiful spotsSights nearby - Skočibuha Castle and the Church of the Holy Spirit in SuđurađSailing - From Sipanska Luka Harbor