Search the best hotels in Ayia Napa
About Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa sits on the golden southeastern coast of Cyprus. Once a humble fishing village, it is now the clubbing capital of the island, a popular resort town ideal for young couples looking for a trendy seaside getaway. Whether you're raving until dawn at a beach party, checking out the sculpture park and fantastic street art, scuba diving or walking along the rugged headland, you will find yourself submerged in a sea of tranquillity. Our collection of the best places to stay in Ayia Napa range from luxury resorts to chic boutiques.
Ayia Napa has an infamously wild party scene and the beach parties are legendary - Senior Frog being the most popular - who move their venue twice a week to the Blue Flag beaches of the town. If you're after a good time, you will be sure to find one here: Ayia Napa has over 150 restaurants, 12 clubs, 90 bars and 14 Blue Flag beaches.
The town itself is picturesque, full of boutique designer outfitters and charming little seaside tavernas while the buildings are awash with bright and cheery street murals. While not boasting as many historic sites as places like Paphos, there is a fascinating 14th-century monastery as well as two splendid museums - the National History Museum and the Thalassa Municipal Museum, specialising in naval history. Be sure to check out the Sculpture Park, which makes for a delightful afternoon excursion - a brilliant array of experimental modern sculpture.
Of course, people really come to Ayia Napa for the beach life. Whether you want to partake in watersports or just quietly soak in the sun rays, this is the place for you. With over 14 Blue Flag beaches with sand as soft as icing sugar, you are really spoilt for choice: for things like kayaking or waterboarding, check out Makronissos Beach, but for something more family-orientated head to Sandy Beach. Konnos Bay is quiet, secluded and beautiful - ideal for lounging about in the sun with a good book.
What not to miss
- Go for a walk along the Cape Greco National Forest Park!
- Check out the 14th-century monastery for a peaceful break from the bustle of resort life.
- Take the kids to the Water World Water Park and jump onto the Minotaur's Labyrinth!
- Attend one of the Senior Frog's infamous beach parties!
- Lounge at the secluded beach of Konnos Bay with a good book.
- Hire an underwater scooter and explore the seabed.
This is undeniably a popular spot during the high season, so to ensure you bag a room at one of the best places to stay in Ayia Napa, we recommend booking well in advance.
The best places to stay in Ayia Napa
- So Nice Boutique Suites: a chic hotel of boutique bungalow suites in a garden of palm trees and swimming pools. The Japanese restaurant is superb. Stylish, romantic and amazing value for money.
- Alion Beach Hotel: a luxurious 5* resort sitting on a gorgeous stretch of white-sand beach. The rooms are bright and contemporary; there is a restaurant, tennis courts, a spoiling spa and swimming pools.
- Grecian Park Hotel: a glorious 5* overlooking Konnos Bay, offering chic rooms with private terraces, superb restaurants, a pampering spa and tennis courts. There are boats to hire at the hotel, a gym and a local watersports company works in liason with them. Ideal for a carefree stay.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Larnaca International Airport and get a taxi to Ayia Napa, the journey taking 40 minutes.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the autumn when the temperature ranges between 12 and 27 degrees and you the summer crowds and the extremes of the summer heat have dispelled.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Ayia Napa
So Nice Boutique Suites Ayia Napa 60 rooms from £78
Exceptionally stylish, colourful boutique hotel of bungalow suites, with lovely lawn and pools and a gourmet Japanese restaurant. Well located on Nissi Bay.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Well located for major sights.On the beach - In front of the hotel.
Alion Beach Hotel Ayia Napa 100 rooms from £176
A luxurious five star hotel set on a glorious stretch of white sand beach. Uniformly designed rooms are simple yet chic with white on white style, clean lines, plenty of light and contemporary bathrooms. Boasting an indulgent spa, tennis courts, pool and no less than four restaurants.Weddings - The hotel has a wedding license, and is perfect for small and intimate wedding ceremonies.Spa breaks - An extensive spa complete with jacuzzi, steam bath and sauna makes for a relaxing stay.Beach Life - The beach is just a stone's throw away from the hotel.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Grecian Park Hotel Ayia Napa (5297 Protaras) 239 rooms from £181
A five star resort set overlooking Konnos Bay and offering spectacular sea views. Chic rooms are contemporary in design with sliding glass doors, private terraces, crisp white linen and polished wooden floors. Boasting a spa, pools, tennis courts and access to a beautiful beach. A spoiling stay.Families - There is a children's play park, games rooms, swimming pool and mini-clubWeddings - The hotel has a wedding venue and can cater to all of your needsBeach LifeTotal relaxation