Le Bar Sur Loup
Search the best hotels in Le Bar Sur Loup
About Le Bar Sur Loup
Le Bar sur Loup is a stunning, sunny Provencal market town sitting on a rocky spur between Grasse and Vence. Encircled by the remnants of its old defensive walls, it was the home of the Counts of Grasse, who built a chateau there in the 14th century and which some of it remains, though it isn't open to visitors. Defined by gently sloping streets lined with rustic old medieval houses, boasting the beautiful Sarrasine Gate above a fountain-centred square, it is a lovely place to walk aimlessly about and get lost in, and the air is fragrant with the smell of the Provencal countryside surrounding it - olive trees and rose bushes, jasmine and orange trees. A charming town, the perfect place to escape to, for artists, writers and couples looking for a romantic break. Our collection of the best places to stay in Le Bar sur Loup includes a luxury B&B boasting enchanting panoramas of the countryside.
What not to miss
- Walk up the Chemin du Paradis, (the road to paradise) that winds up a cliff towards the Gourdon Eyrie, and enjoy the stunning panoramas of the valley.
- Visit St. Jacques le Majeur Church and admire the altar piece, created by the esteemed Renaissance artist Louis Brea.
- Get lost in the ancient yet timeless narrow streets.
- Explore the medieval walls and drink in the view of the ruined castle.
- Take a trek through the gorgeous Provencal countryside.
- Sample the local delicacy, orange wine.
Picturesque and timelessly charming, Le Bar sur Loup is the perfect rural escape. Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Le Bar sur Loup to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Le Bar sur Loup
- L'Escale du Ciel is a luxury B&B boasting a fabulous location boasting epic mountainous Provençal panoramas. Housing just four immaculately styled rooms which mix modern comforts with traditional charm. With a large swimming pool, a terrace to play Petanque and stunning walks this is a Provençal dream.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 14 and 26 degrees.
- Fly to Nice, from where you can get a train to Grasse, the journey taking 1 hour 5 minutes; while in Grasse, you can get a taxi to Le Bar sur Loup, a 20 minute journey.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Le Bar Sur Loup
L'Escale du Ciel 4 rooms from £159Le Bar Sur Loup
A luxury B&B boasting a fabulous location boasting epic mountainous Provençal panoramas. Housing just four immaculately styled rooms which mix modern comforts with traditional charm. With a large swimming pool, a terrace to play Petanque and stunning walks this is a Provençal dream.Local exploring - Well placed to explore Provencal with the beach and quaint villages being as easy to reach as secluded countryside.Great walks - Take walks along the stunning Gorges du Loup and stop for wild swims in natural pools and waterfalls.Sights nearby - Discover Matisse's favourite walled medieval town, St Paul de Vence.Restrictions on children - Over 12s are welcomeRecommended by - I Escape, Chambres d’hôtes de Charme CHC