Search the best hotels in Bonnieux
A small Provençal village tumbling along the side of a hill, Bonnieux is appealingly unpolished and authentic. Defined by its maze of winding alleyways lined with independent shops and cafés, this is a superb spot for relaxed strolls and lazy days of savouring regional cuisine. Accommodation options range from simple B&Bs to swish luxury hotels, fit for a whole array of tastes and budgets. Small and sun-dappled, the best places to stay in Bonnieux feature cream-coloured stone walls and lush gardens; many also have inviting swimming pools.
Climb towards the top of the hill to peer into the 13th-century Eglise Haute, surrounded by dazzling views of the fields of the Luberon. Further down the slope, the Eglise Neuve, is bedecked with 16th-century oil paintings, whilst the ancient stone Pont Julien, just outside of town, was built for Julius Caesar. Stroll back towards the centre of town to stock up on local produce at the Friday market, amble along the 12th-century ramparts or delve into the secrets of bread-making at the Boulangerie Museum. Immerse yourself in nature by following marked botanical trails through the cedar forest on foot or bicycle or visiting a lavender distillery.
Charming and historic, the best places to stay in Bonnieux promise a southern French escape to remember!
The Best Places to Stay in Bonnieux
For Great Value
- Les Clos du Buis is ideal for families or groups looking for an affordable stay with plenty of character. Self-catering apartments sleep 4-6 guests, there's a swimming pool and tennis court, and fun cooking classes. Evening meals can be arranged on request.
For an Intimate B&B
- Absoluut Valvert offers five guestrooms in a country house with gardens studded with cherry and olive trees. Four rooms feature exposed stone walls, crisp white linens and doors opening on to the garden, whilst the fifth — the Treehouse Room — is a honeymoon favourite. An adult-only haven.
- Les Terrasses du Luberon is a lovely B&B with five light, airy bedrooms and modern bathrooms. There's an inviting terrace for breakfasts with panoramic views, a refreshing swimming pool and fragrant lavender-filled gardens. For couples or friends.
- Le Clos des Eydins has five elegant bedrooms, one suite and two studios set in a historic house with landscaped gardens and a swimming pool. Cosy up by the fireplace, chat to fellow guests over breakfast, and cook up a storm using fresh market produce in the shared kitchen after days of cycling or rural strolls. Children over 12 are welcome.
- Capelongue is a gorgeous countryside hotel with 27 rooms and suites blending traditional Provençal design with modern comforts. Guests will adore the pretty outdoor pool, whilst foodies can feast at Michelin-starred La Bastide. Very romantic.
FOR A HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Avignon-Caumont Airport, to much larger Marseille-Provence International Airport. Alternatively, take the TGV from Paris to nearby hubs such as Avignon or Aix-en-Provence. Journey by bus or car from there.
- Provence is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- With an average of 300 days of sunshine a year, Provence is blessed with a near-Mediterranean climate. Expect hot summers — with temperatures of 26-30°C — and mild winters. Summer visitors can marvel at the famous Provençal lavender, whilst springtime travellers will find mild, sunny weather suitable for active explorations. The Mistral wind blows through the Rhone Valley, keeping the air cool and rain showers short.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Aix-en-Provence.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Provence.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bonnieux
Best Hotels in Bonnieux
Le Clos du Buis Bonnieux 13 rooms from £135Full of character - With terracotta tiled floors, exposed beams, and antique furniture this property is packed with traditional characterGroups - 3 self-catering apartments sleep 2, 4 and 6 people making this a great option for groups of various sizesViews - Impressive panoramic views of Mont Ventoux, the plain of the Luberon and the surrounding villagesLess £ - With rates starting around the 100 Euro mark, this is a reasonably priced stay
An attractive farmhouse-style property in a hilltop village. Varying accommodation - rooms, suites, and self-catering apartments - all in cottage style are perfect for couples, friends and families. Terraces with stunning views of the valley and gardens. A charming and well-priced stay. See More
Absoluut Valvert Bonnieux 5 rooms from £148Country Escape - A beautiful and secluded country house, complete with swimming pool, offering direct access to gorgeous Provencial countrysideRomantic Break - The Treehouse room offers privacy to couples on a romantic breakGreat walks - Take long walks through picturesque vineyards and countryside starting straight from the hotel's front doorSights nearby - The renowned and historical villages of villages as Lourmarin, Gordes and Ménerbes are a short drive away
A chic country house B&B set in a beautiful and secluded spot dotted with cherry and olive trees. Four lovingly restored rooms are the epitome of rural chic with exposed stone, crisp white linen and doors opening onto the garden. The treehouse room is ideal for couples on a romantic break. Superb! See More
Le Clos Les Eydins Bonnieux (Provence) 6 rooms from £156Country Escape - Set in a former farmhouse in the rolling lavender fields of Provence, this hotel makes an authentic escape to the countryHideaway - With a chic outdoor pool and charming country kitchen at guests' disposable, this hotel makes a great hideaway holidayRomantic Break - Couples love the idyllic location of this B&B and the friendly, attentive hosts; explore the area on a romantic walkGreat walks - Explore the beautiful natural landscape of the region on a long walk; head to the Cedar Forest for an enchanting shaded route
This B&B is nestled in Bonnieux, an idyllic village surrounded by lavender fields in the heart of Provence. Sitting in a fairytale garden with a pool, the heritage property offers elegant suites and a sitting room set under original beams with a cosy fireplace - the perfect escape to the country. See More
Les Terrasses du Luberon Bonnieux (Provence) 5 rooms from £161Country Escape - Set in a traditional Provençal house with views over bucolic Bonnieux, this hotel makes an idyllic escape to the countryLocal exploring - Bonnieux is a good base for local exploring in Provence; head out after breakfast to visit the renowned regional marketsHideaway - With a secret garden and pool exclusively for the use of guests, this hotel makes a great hideaway holiday destinationLocal markets - On Sundays, head to the Coustellet Market at Isle sur la Sorgue, a beautiful neighbouring town
A charming country B&B on the outskirts of a medieval village and set within a verdant garden. The five bright, airy guestrooms have a clean and contemporary feel and stunning views. Enjoy breakfast on the sunny terrace before exploring the sights of Provence, or simply relax by the outdoor pool. See More
Capelongue Bonnieux 27 rooms from £252Great walks - Wander through the gardens where the trees & the old stone walls set the scene for a quintessential Provençal bastide experienceCountry Escape - In lavender fields within Provence countryside, enjoy the outdoor pool, wonderful food or simply just the fragrant breezeTotal relaxation - There's hardly a need to leave here — feast on spectacular cuisine and spend days sampling wine or lounging by the poolFoodies - La Bastide Restaurant has been awarded one Michelin star and is unmissableRecommended by - Tablet, Michelin Travel
A blissful countryside hotel. Some rooms host traditional Provencal style features, others are more modern, but all delightful. Two outdoor pools, a terrace and outstanding Michelin starred French cuisine. A gourmet choice for exploring this spectacular region. See More