Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
Search the best hotels in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
About Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
This stretch of sun swept rocky peninsula has long been a haven for the rich and powerful. It is a place of grand villas and gardens, art and glamour and beautiful stretches of shaded coastal paths. Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat is bathed in tranquility and grandeur but in spite of its popularity amongst the likes of Charlie Chaplin and David Niven, it is still remarkably unspoilt by the heaving crowds of tourists that tend to descend upon France during the summer months. With its glowing azure waters, stunning rocky Provencal coastline and beautiful Belle Epoque villas, it is a peninsula of paradise and our collection of the best places to stay in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat often boast fabulous views of the beautiful coastline.
The peninsula proves to be a lovely place for a quiet stroll. There are over 14km worth of coastal paths, ones that take you to the wild and remote edges of the southernmost point of the peninsula, or the shaded and paved walks from Beaulieu to the town that lead you past the bright and stylish Belle Epoque villas. Paloma Beach is full of watersports vendors, charming seafood restaurants, trendy bars and in the little harbour you can hire boats for the day or go scubadiving. Only 25 minutes to Nice and close to Monte Carlo, it is only few hours' drive to the Italian border, making it a truly prime location for seeing three countries in one day.
Not to miss
- Villa Kerylos is a true-to-size replica of an ancient Greek villa, built in the 1900s by French archaeologist Theodore Reinach. A unique and fully immersive experience, there are very few examples of this in Europe and it is well worth seeing.
- Villa Ile in France is a gorgeous and lavish villa in the Belle Epoque style, originally the home of Beatrice Ephrussi de Rothschild. It houses over 5000 works of art including her own personal treasures, 18th century oil paintings and rare Flemish tapestries. Both glamorous and beautiful, it is straddled by gardens of every shape and design: Spanish, Florentine, Japanese, the Garden of the Muses and a magnificent fountain fit for a queen.
- Chapelle de Saint Pierre des Pecheurs in nearby Villefranche, is a stunning 14th century chapel with ornately designed interiors and exteriors, full of murals and affrescoed ceilings, it is not to be missed.
- Paloma Beach, whether you want to sunbathe, go scubadiving, hire a boat or go waterboarding, this beach will satisfy all. The Cape Ferrat Diving school is renowned and hugely popular, and the beach itself is full of seafood restaurants and bars.
A place of art and luxury while still remaining unspoilt, it is ideal for a romantic retreat. During the summer months though the best places to stay in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat can get very busy so we recommend you plan your trip well in advance.
The best places to stay in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
The best places to stay in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat for Local Exploring
- Brise Marine is a traditional hotel with beautiful views of the sea and peninsula, offering eighteen rooms, a restaurant and a lovely sun terrace. Ideal for exploring the nearby villas and their museums.
The best places to stay in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat for Luxury living
- La Voile d'Or is a romantic hotel exuding old world charm and sophistication, offering two saltwater pools, a restaurant and its own private beach.
Prefer an apartment or villa?
- If you would prefer something a little more private then we recommend using our online partner Booking.com which has a wide range of apartments and hotels.
- The best time to go is during the summer months, when the temperature ranges from 18 to 27 degrees.
- The nearest airport is Nice Cote d'Azur, which is just 25km away.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
Brise Marine 18 rooms from £130Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
An Italianate villa hotel on Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, only ten km from Nice and Monaco. The simple traditional rooms open onto charming flower-filled terraces with glorious views. A green oasis of calm two minutes walk from beautiful Riviera beaches.Local markets - Visit Nice's exuberant flower, fruit and local produce market in the Cours Saleya, just behind the Promenade des Anglais.Great walks - Take in the wonderful views of and from the peninsula by following one of the coastal paths.Sights nearby - La Chapelle Saint HospiceSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Grand Hotel du Cap-Ferrat 73 rooms from £297Saint Jean Cap Ferrat (06230 Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat)
Luxury hotel which oozes sunny decadence. Contemporary interiors retain their art deco features and its quintessential Riviera character, with grand high ceilings, arches and colonnades; while light-filled rooms have a fresh palette and tasteful decor. The Michelin starred restaurant seals the deal!Romantic Break - In a stunning location, surrounded by romantic gardens and terraces, this is an ideal spot for a luxurious getaway for twoSights nearby - Head to the villas of Santo Sospir and Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, as interesting as they are magnificentGreat walks - Embark on the Saint Jean-Cap-Ferrat hike or La Pointe de Saint Hospice trekSwimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor pools
La Voile d'Or 45 rooms from £325Saint Jean Cap Ferrat (Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat)
A romantic historic hotel on the coast, in the heart of Saint Jean Cap Ferrat just ten km from Monaco. Exuding old world charm through white walls, parquet floors and antique furnishings. Good food, spectacular views and very well located for local exploring in this most exclusive part of the coast.Sights nearby - Visit the royal Palace Monaco at 11.55am for the daily changing of the guard on the square in front.Swimming Pool - Two outdoor salt-water swimming pools with stunning sea views.On the beach - Private beach, small and rocky.Full of characterRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Hotel Royal-Riviera 78 rooms from £364Saint Jean Cap Ferrat (Côte d'Azur)
This luxury resort is located in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat on the exclusive Côte d'Azur. Rooms are individually designed and are split across the main building and the Orangerie. Most have a private terrace or balcony with sea, mountain or garden views. Unwind at the poolside bar at this elegant hotel.Total relaxation - With a spa, restaurant and bar on-site, this hotel has all the ingredients for total relaxation on your next holidayActive Holiday - With a range of activities available through the hotel, there is plenty of offer for more active guestsRomantic Break - Couples will swoon over the spacious suites in the hotel with high ceilings and luxurious linensSurfing - Get out early to enjoy the best waves with surfing available from the hotel's private sandy beach