- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Chablis
The dry white wine that this town is famous for has made it a household name - internationally. In turn, this fame has brought wealth to the town. The rural beauty of the place with hillsides neatly sown with vines even older than the wine is a classis scene. The wine itself originated with the monks of Pontigny. The best places to stay in Chablis can be found both within the town, in the form of comfortable hotels and guesthouses, or Chablis-adjacent charming old vineyards and converted farmhouses dotted around the region.
Things not to miss
- As well as touring the vineyards and cellar doors, visitors to Chablis will probably be charmed by the wonderful gothic churches and the religious buildings - some dating from the 9th Century and the early days of Chablis wine. The town’s long term prosperity means there are some lovely old hotels, restaurants, boutiques and wonderful architecture.
- You’re just a short distance from Auxerre, around which mustard grows, where you’ll find a number of exceptionally lovely châteaux.
The best places to stay in Chablis are popular year round, so it's advisable to plan well ahead.
The best places to stay in Chablis
For a special occasion
- The Château de la Resle near Montigny-la-Resie, is a stunning château with elegant rooms and suites and contemporary art. There is a spa, pool, gardens and an excellent table d’hotes restaurant with stunning views.
- The Hotel du vieux moulin is a wonderful place to escape to if you want to do some serious tasting. There are just seven chic rooms, decorated in a nice blend of the traditional and modern, a great regional restaurant and terrace bar.
For great value
- The Hostellerie des Clos is a contemporary hotel right in the heart of the wine region. As well as the ideal location, this hotel has gardens, a gym and lovely terrace. There’s also a great restaurant serving local specialities and, of course, local wines. The 36 rooms start from around £65 per night.
- For a similarly reasonable rate you can stay at La Beursaudière, an 11 room hotel spread across several rustic buildings. Family run and with plenty of charm this hotel also has a popular restaurant.
- For just a few pounds more you can stay in one of only four rooms at the Le Puits d'athie, a charming 18th Century Burgundian mansion. This guesthouse has beautiful rooms and suites with boutique style finishings and a lovely garden. You’re about 10kms from Auxerre.
For a private apartment or villa
- For those looking for some additional privacy, we recommend visiting our online partners Booking.com.
- Travellers to Chablis might be best served to fly to Charles de Gaulle Airport (100 miles).
- Having a car is a great way to explore Chablis and the surrounding area so visit our online car hire partner Holiday Autos.
- Visit Chablis from June to September when temperatures sit comfortably in the mid 20s.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Chablis
Hostellerie des Clos 36 rooms from $85Chablis, Burgundy
A lovely hotel in the heart of the Chablis wine region. Contemporary rooms have wooden floors and large bathrooms. Gym, gardens and a terrace. Excellent Burgundian cuisine and wine in the restaurant. Great for a romantic weekend fuelled with excellent food and wine.Romantic Break - Take a cycle trip through the vineyards, visit the food and antique markets nearby and view Renaissance architectureLocal markets - In Noyers sur Serein Vezelay, Auxerre BlunderbussSights nearby - AuxerreGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Hotel du vieux moulin 7 rooms from $125Chablis, Burgundy
A chic hotel in the wine region of Chablis. Rooms blend the modern with the traditional; exposed beams, contemporary furniture and large bathrooms. A lovely terrace on which to enjoy a drink, and excellent regional dishes in the restaurant. The perfect bolt hole for a tasting trip.Foodies - Not only home to one of the best grapes, but Chablis hosts many patisseries, regional delights such as grilled tripe sausageSights nearby - Noyers-sur-Serein, Mailly-le-ChateauLocal markets - Every SundayFull of character