Search the best hotels in Évian-les-Bains
Best know for its luxurious waters - now available worldwide - Évian-les-Bains is a Belle Époque treasure sitting extremely pretty on the French shore of Lake Geneva. As well as the spas, Evian is also a town of beautiful parks and graceful architecture. Some of the best places to stay in Évian-les-Bains are extremely beautiful in their own right, though if your idea of comfort is something a little more modern then you’ll find a suitable recommendation on our Guru’s list too.
The lake is naturally a real draw and visitors can travel to Lausanne across the lake by car ferry, or simply enjoy the lake by taking a tour - or by hiring a water taxi. For sampling the town's famed produce there’s a spring in the centre of town and you can just refill your bottles here - the water is pre-chilled to around 11 degrees. Beyond the waters the town itself is beautiful for lazy strolls, exploring the narrow lanes and discovering small cafes and restaurants.
What Not To Miss
- Enjoy a picnic on the waterfront of Lac Leman at sunset - a gorgeous area.
- The Église Saint Nicolas de Veroce is a lovely spot, with splendid architecture and pleasing interiors.
- Meander around town and enjoy Le Fabuleux Village Des Flottins, a series of wooden sculptures made from local driftwood.
- Wander around Les Jardins de l'eau du Pre Curieux - a great place for nature-lovers.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Evian-les-Bains are ideal properties if you're looking for a pampering lakeside break.
The best places to stay in Évian-les-Bains
- The Hotel Royal is a luxurious, lakeside hotel with a romantic, serene atmosphere and a state-of-the-art spa.
For a modern hotel
- The Hotel Ermitage looks out over Lake Geneva, a stylish modern hotel with 80 contemporary rooms and access to a golf course and a luxury spa. They even offer babysitting and children’s activities and some equally well-organised activities for adults, like snorkelling, tennis and fishing.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Weather-wise, you're best off visiting in the summer months - with the average temperature climbing to 23°C in July.
- This, however, is peak tourist season, so for a quieter and cheaper alternative consider coming in the shoulder season months (May and October).
- Fly into Lausanne Airport before taking a ferry across to Évian-les-Bains.
- If you'd like to see more of the area then consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Évian-les-Bains.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in the Haute-Savoie region or Lake Geneva.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Évian-les-Bains
Best Hotels in Évian-les-Bains
Hotel les Cygnes Évian-les-Bains (Evian-les-Bains) 36 rooms from £87Active Holiday - Surrounded by lake and mountains; hiking, cycling and fishing are just some of many possible activitiesFamilies - Family apartments are available and there's a friendly laid-back attitudeSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolFull of character
Set on Lake Geneva, this hotel offers a range of ornately decorated rooms combining classic style with modern comforts. As well as a heated outdoor swimming pool, the hotel's famous restaurant comes highly recommended. A charming base to explore this picturesque part of the Alps from. See More
Hotel Ermitage, Evian les Bains Évian-les-Bains 80 rooms from £246Families - Babysitting and child day care services in the children's resort, as well as a whole range of fun supervised activities.Active Holiday - With a host of activities including snorkelling, tennis and fishing, it's perfect for an active holiday.Sights nearby - Just ten miles from Lavaux Vineyard Terraces which are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.Views - Rooms fitted with terraces looking out over Lake Geneva.
Looking out over Lake Geneva, this stylish modern hotel is perfect for a family holiday. Rooms are contemporary and comfortable with stunning views out over the shores of the lake. Leisure is a priority here, so why not enjoy a round of golf or relax in the hotel's deluxe spa. See More
Hotel Royal, Evian les Bains Évian-les-Bains 66 rooms from £335Honeymoons - A romantic spot at any time of year, with sumptuous suites, five gourmet restaurants, and spectacular views over the mountains.Spa breaks - Considered to be a super spa- everything you would expect, plus La Prairie caviar-based facials and crystal-therapy massage.Spa - Luxurious spa with 2 pools, 1 aquagym pool, a hammam, a sauna, a hot tub and fitness rooms.Great walks - Head down through the park to Lake Geneva for a lovely afternoon stroll.
A lakeside hotel brimming with luxurious grandeur. The Hotel Royal magnificently captures the essence of its waterside positioning, focusing on tranquility and serenity. A place for romantic relaxation, enjoy its state-of-the-art spa or a leisurely game of tennis. A lakeside wonder. See More