Search the best hotels in Haute Loire
About Haute Loire
Haute Loire is the part of the Auvergne which includes the higher reaches of the Loire and some of the Livradois-Forez Regional Natural Park. There is a wide range of accommodation on offer with the best places in the Haute Loire ranging from cheap camp sites to luxury hotels.
Rural and peaceful, you're right beside the treasures of the Loire proper, the Rhone Valley and the mountains of the Ardeche. This is a peaceful piece of southern France, where you can expect warmth, but no heat waves, and plenty of clean, open spaces and unsullied vistas.
The young Loire feeds this green and pleasant land winding past pretty villages and graceful chateaux - the first of the great chateaux of the Loire, while also offering itself as a watery playground for canoes.
Our two picks of the best places to stay in the Haute Loire are well situated to make the most of this stunning region.
- Le Haut Allier offers a classic French foodie fantasy. It's an elegant hotel with severn charming, light rooms, a Michelin starred restaurant and an excellent spa. As well as running regular wine tastings, they also arrange mushroom picking trips nearby.
For a complete chill!
- Les Deux Abbesses is a stunning converted chateau where you'll find total peace and relaxation. Book a chic room and enjoy wonderful views, beautiful countryside and a plethora of relaxing treatments in the spa.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Haute Loire for you?
- Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in Haute Loire,
- expand your search to include the best places to stay in the Loire Valley,
- or the best places to stay in Auvergne,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Haute Loire
Best Hotels in Haute Loire
Le Haut Allier Alleyras, Haute Loire 7 rooms from £75Country Escape - Secluded location surrounded by nature, rivers and green valleys.Sights nearby - Saint-Christophe-d'Allier and volcanoes of Auvergne nearbyLearning - Mushroom picking trips availableFoodies - Michelin starred restaurant
Les Deux Abbesses Saint-Arcons-d'Allier, Auvergne 12 rooms from £182Sights nearby - Stunning volcanically constructed landscapes in the Haute Allier region.Views - Great views from hotelTennisTraditional
A beautiful old chateau renovation surrounded by stunning volcanic landscape. Boutique chic interiors blend traditional architecture, new materials, and valley views. Complete relaxation treatments involve reflexology, massages, acupuncture. Fresh produce from the garden, lots to explore. See More