- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Lille
Lille’s beautiful, historic centre is a great place for a stroll, especially if it market day, and Lille certainly knows how to do markets. The Christmas market is worth travelling for and the annual summer antiques and bric a brac market is said to be the world’s largest. If you’re here for the markets then the best places to stay in Lille will be in the centre of town. Lille also prides itself on being friendly, and with a large student population you can imagine that it can also be a really fun city to visit. Some of the best places to stay in Lille are great value, which also helps!
What Not To Miss
- Lille has three excellent museums: the Palais des Beaux Arts, the Musée d'Art Moderne, d'Art Contemporain et d'Art Brut – LaM and the La Piscine Musée d'Art et d'Industrie.
- Wander around the 'Grand Place' - a stunning example of the beautiful architecture in Lille's centre. Visitors can enjoy a great selection of bars and restaurants right in the heart of the city.
- Admire the majestic Notre Dame de la Treille, with the stained glass windows a particular spectacle to behold. Interestingly, the building construction only finished in the past 20 years so it's really a building of contrasts.
- Visit the Lille Zoo, with a very reasonable entry price, it provides a great selection of animals for visitors of all budgets.
- Explore the Old Stock Exchange, one of the most elegant buildings in Lille. It even has a market where visitors can pick up artistic pieces or books.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Lille are perfect for a short city break and ideally placed for exploring the city.
- La Maison du Champlain occupies a mansion building dating from 1873, the four guest suites are modern and elegant. There’s also a spa with a sauna, jacuzzi and hammam.
- Villa Paula is a superb modern hotel near Lille brimming with chic quirkiness. The art-deco style rooms are carefully manicured and decorated with starkly contrasting black and white. Take a day trip into Lille or go in search of the famous Flanders windmills.
For a city break
- L'Esplanade is right in the historic heart of town and has just four rooms, all with wonderful city views. You’re close to many of the main sights and plenty of restaurants.
For great value
- La Villa Carrée is an elegant, ten room guesthouse with large, modern suites decorated in white with pops of colour. Rooms start from around £85 per night.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties throughout the city.
- Fly to Lille Airport, only 10km (6 miles) from the town centre. UK visitors may not find this the ideal option as there are no direct flights from the UK - although there are plenty European connections.
- Take the Eurostar to Lille from the UK, with journey times from London taking approximately 1.5 hours.
- If you'd prefer to rent a car to explore Lille or the nearby natural parks, for prices we recommend visiting our online partnerRentalcars
- Best time to visit - Lille's stunning architecture is spectacular year-round, but visitors looking to take advantage of the warmest weather are best to visit June to September.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Lille
Villa Paula 4 rooms from $160Lille
Villa Paula is superb modern hotel near Lille, brimming with chic quirkiness. The art-deco mode rooms are carefully manicured and decorated with starkly contrasting blacks and whites. Take a day trip into Lille or go in search of the famous Flandres windmills.Local exploring - In the Tourcoing - Lille - Roubaix triangle, ideal for exploring the French Flanders region.Sights nearby - Take a day trip into the charming Lille, six miles from the hotel.Romantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
L'Esplanade, Lille 4 rooms from $159Lille
Set in the charming, historic centre of Lille, L'Esplanade offers spacious, contemporary rooms with views of the city. Relax in the lounge with stunning fireplace and vaulted ceilings. Lots of restaurants on its doorstep. A trendy townhouse base to explore the city.Sights nearby - Notre Dame de la Treille. You are just ten minutes on foot from the central square.Local markets - Explore Lille's famous street markets & Christmas Market (seasonal)Great walks - Jardin VaubanFull of character
Clarance Hotel 19 rooms from $244Lille
An elegant boutique property in the heart of Old Lille. Beautifully restored throughout, the historic building has taken on a fresh contemporary feel without losing its former glory. Spacious rooms are light and airy with minimalist style and soft grey hues. An ideal spot to explore the city from.Local exploring - Perfectly located in the centre of Old Lille with many of the town's main attractions within walking distance.Great walks - Discover the bourgeois houses and cobblestoned streets on a stroll through Old Lille.Sights nearby - Explore the nearby Grand Place and the Citadelles.Traditional
La Maison du Champlain 4 rooms from $171Lille
Set in the heart of Lille in a mansion dating back to 1873, guests can enjoy elegant and comfortable suites plus a relaxing spa with sauna, jacuzzi and hammam. Walking distance from many of Lille's fine museums, this is perfect for those looking to explore the area.Sights nearby - A stone's throw from Lille's Beaux Arts museum and the pedestrianised central area.Local markets - Wazemmes Outdoor MarketRestrictions on children - Over 10s onlySpa
La Villa Carrée 10 rooms from $136Lille
Super stylish, elegant guesthouse just outside the centre of Lille. Spacious contemporary bedrooms and suites with all white walls and linens contrasted with splashes of colour from cushions, throws or artworks. Huge bathrooms with beautiful bathtubs. A chic weekend getaway.Local markets - Lille's infamous Christmas marketSights nearby - Palais des Beaux-Arts de LilleGreat walks - Walk around this scenic city
La Ferme Blanche 11 rooms from $95Lille
An 18th century Farmhouse now a small contemporary hotel with a handful of individually styled rooms and suites. Modern in design with light wooden floors, minimalist furniture and white washed walls. Dine on classic French cuisine in the restaurant. An ideal spot for a quiet weekend getaway.Short fly break - A pretty farmhouse set in tranquil gardens, ideal for quiet weekends away.Cooking classes - Choose from a variety of cooking courses held in the hotel kitchen.Secluded setting - For escaping.Traditional