Search the best hotels in Lille
Close to the border with Belgium and just an hour by TGV from Paris, Lille is a thriving university town with myriad cultural attractions and a lively evening scene. As the third-largest river port in France, the city grew as a trading centre for French Flanders, and has a fascinating identity, including unique cuisine and architecture. Accommodation options, generally clustered around charming Vieux Lille, are chic and characterful. Chosen for their location, style and amenities, our pick of the best places to stay in Lille promises something for everyone.
Begin your explorations in Vieux Lille, where you can expect pedestrianised cobbled streets studded with 17th-century brick townhouses. Admire the heritage buildings lining Grand Place, visit the elegant colonnaded Old Stock Exchange to pick up vinyl and books, or pop into the tourist office in the 15th-century Palais Rihour. Marvel at sprawling city views from atop the Hôtel de Ville’s belfry, before stepping in to Notre Dame de la Treille. Museum-goers will adore the impressive collections on display at the Palais des Beaux Arts and La Piscine Musée d’Art et d’Industrie. The old town is bursting with galleries, boutiques, outdoor markets, cafés and eateries, too.
As day gives way to evening, join Lille’s residents at the bars of Rue Royale and Rue Doudin, before catching a gig at Le Splendid or sipping microbrewery Célestin’s craft beers at La Capsule. A fabulous destination for a city break, Lille offers a seemingly endless array of events and attractions. Check out the latest festivals and exhibitions through Lille3000 or speak to the teams at the best places to stay in Lille for their recommendations.
The Best Places to Stay in Lille
For an Intimate B&B
- La Maison du Champlain is a chic little B&B with four swish guest suites. Expect contemporary interiors tucked within a 150-year-old building, perfect for relaxing in absolute tranquility. The spa, complete with sauna, hot tub and hammam, is a highlight.
- L'Esplanade, in the historic heart of town, has bright rooms and suites with city views and all the mod-cons. Showcasing modern artworks by a selection of artists, this is a trendy B&B for well-heeled culture aficionados. Close to the main sights and excellent eateries.
For City Style
- OKKO Hotel is a bright, Scandi-inspired hotel on a pedestrianised shopping street. Expect airy rooms and suites with slick designer interiors, a lively Club Room with a café-bar, and friendly staff on hand throughout the day. The complimentary evening tapas and apéritifs are brilliant for sociable travellers.
- Mama Shelter Lille embodies the quirky retro-chic style for which this groovy hotel group is known. Great for families and groups of friends, the hotel's inviting XXL rooms offer flexible spaces for multiple guests. The arcade games, weekend DJ nights and buzzy evenings by the firepit will appeal to fun-loving guests of all ages. Just east of Vieux Lille.
- L'Arbre Voyageur is a sleek city pad with bold, jungle-themed wallpapers and warm mustard and sea-blue upholstery. The hotel's steel-bar frontage is a real stand-out in a city famed for its historic buildings; this is a fresh, zingy choice. Gather at Ma Reine Bar or Restaurant Jane for gourmet fare in the evenings. One for well-heeled explorers.
For Romantic Luxury
- Clarance Hotel began life as an 18th-century merchant's townhouse. This elegant property is now a sophisticated boutique hotel with indulgent rooms and suites, just ten minutes from Grand Place. A beautiful choice for a romantic getaway, the hotel boasts a walled garden, wood-panelled library and Michelin-starred restaurant. Exceptional.
For Great Value
- La Villa Carrée is an elegant, ten bedroom guesthouse with contemporary rooms and suites clad in a soothing white-on-white palette. Slightly south-west of Vieux Lille, this is a romantic yet affordable spot.
- La Ferme Blanche is a simple 18th-century farmhouse on the outskirts of Lille. Pick this place for the tranquil atmosphere and the flexible room options. A well-priced choice for those seeking to combining exploring the city with cycling through the countryside or unwinding in the gardens.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY House
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Lille Airport and travel into the city by shuttle or taxi. If you're coming from the UK, the Eurostar, TGV through Paris or ferry via Calais or Dunkirk are affordable and straightforward.
- France's Nord region is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect temperatures to range between 15 and 23°C in the warmer months. Summer is busy with holidaymakers, and it's worth booking your room well in advance. Visit during the spring or autumn for a quieter atmosphere.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Dunkirk.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Nord.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Lille
Best Hotels in Lille
La Ferme Blanche Lille 11 rooms from £73Short break - A pretty farmhouse set in tranquil gardens, ideal for quiet weekends away.Cooking classes - Choose from a variety of cooking courses held in the hotel kitchen.Secluded setting - For escaping.Traditional
An 18th century Farmhouse now a small contemporary hotel with a handful of individually styled rooms and suites. Modern in design with light wooden floors, minimalist furniture and white washed walls. Dine on classic French cuisine in the restaurant. An ideal spot for a quiet weekend getaway. See More
La Villa Carrée Lille 10 rooms from £103Local markets - Lille's infamous Christmas marketSights nearby - Palais des Beaux-Arts de LilleGreat walks - Walk around this scenic cityShort break
Super stylish, elegant guesthouse just outside the centre of Lille. Spacious contemporary bedrooms and suites with all white walls and linens contrasted with splashes of colour from cushions, throws or artworks. Huge bathrooms with beautiful bathtubs. A chic weekend getaway. See More
L'Esplanade, Lille Lille 4 rooms from £121Sights nearby - Notre Dame de la Treille. You are just ten minutes on foot from the central square.Local markets - Explore Lille's famous street markets & Christmas Market (seasonal)Great walks - Jardin VaubanFull of character
OKKO Hotel Lille 120 rooms from £128Designer Shopping - Euralille, close to the hotel, is a large, modern shopping centre while the Old Town has independent and high-end storesLocal exploring - Explore Lille’s Old Town with its narrow, paved streets and 17th- and 18th-century Flemish and French architectureValue chic - A fuss-free hotel with chic Scandi design and an attractive price tagSights nearby - The Musée de l’Hospice Comtesse is a good example of Flemish interiors
L’arbre Voyageur, Lille Lille 48 rooms from £128Sights nearby - Explore Lille’s Old Town with its narrow, paved streets and 17th- and 18th-century Flemish and French architectureLocal exploring - Well positioned midway between the Eurostar station and the Old Town - ideal for exploringCity Style - The modern, steel-bar frontage sets the tone for this chic contemporary stayRestaurant - Recommended.
The striking steel frontage of this hotel continues to surprise inside with its bold wallpapers, tropical themes and smartly chic bedrooms. There’s a choice of dining and an inner courtyard plus it offers a good, if busy, location midway between the Eurostar station and the Old Town. See More
La Maison du Champlain Lille 4 rooms from £130Sights nearby - A stone's throw from Lille's Beaux Arts museum and the pedestrianised central area.Local markets - Wazemmes Outdoor MarketRestrictions on children - Over 10s onlyPrivate Hot Tub
Mama Shelter Lille Lille Centre 112 rooms from £138Families - The Mama Shelter hotels are great for families, with interconnecting rooms available and colourful design that kids will loveCity Style - With contemporary, designer interiors and a central city location, this hotel has reams of local Lille styleLocal exploring - Explore Lille with ease from this hotel, with many of the city's main attractions within walking distanceSights nearby - Visit the landmark Lille Cathedral, a stand-out example of Gothic revival architecture and a national monument
This hotel is a great base for exploring central Lille, located steps from the Grand Place. The trademark Mama Shelter quirkiness runs throughout, from the bold patterns and unique fittings in the guestrooms to the lively lounge featuring arcade games, DJs and a cocktail bar. See More
L'Hermitage Gantois Lille 88 rooms from £178Short break - Ideally located for transport, the train station is a 5 minute drive, and Lille Airport is a 15 minute driveRomantic Break - Cosy and intimate rooms offer traditional decor with high ceilings, some with original fireplaces and tilesLocal exploring - A great location in the centre of historic Lille; all its highlights are within walking distanceSpa - Enjoy a tranquil and harmonious experience at the hotel's spa, with its array of facials, massages and other treatments
A luxurious 5 star hotel in the city's historic centre. Rooms feature high ceilings, original features and wood panelled walls and elegant lounges boast antique furniture. The H Restaurant serves gourmet cuisine and there's a brasserie for more casual dining. Perfect for business or leisure. See More
Clarance Hotel Lille 19 rooms from £210Local exploring - Perfectly set in the centre of Old Lille with many of its main attractions within walking distance including the Grand PalaceSights nearby - Explore Lille’s Old Town with its narrow, paved streets and 17th- and 18th-century Flemish and French architectureFoodies - Chef Thibaut Gamba offers Michelin-starred dining with a fabulous tasting menuLocal markets - Wazemmes Sunday morning food, clothing and household market, plus Sunday morning artisan food market in Place du Concert
This quietly luxurious hotel, in an 18th-century townhouse, is tucked away from the city’s busiest streets yet is only a 10-minute stroll from the centre. With a low-key contemporary style and Michelin-starred dining, it offers a quiet retreat after a day exploring the city. See More