Search the best hotels in Meursault
Meursault is a commune in the southern Côte de Beaune region of the Côte d'Or, and part of one of the world’s best known and most prestigious wine regions. Surrounded by names like Satenay, Pommard, Volnay and Puligny-Montrachet, Meursault holds its own in the quality of its dry whites and its delicate reds.
If you’re looking for an upmarket château experience and some seriously good wine tasting then you’ve come to the right place and some of the best places to stay in Meursault are beautiful châteaux or vineyards.
What not to miss
- Head off on a wine tour around the Chateau de Meursault and enjoy a tasting session afterwards for good measure.
- Alternatively, the Domaine Chateau de Citeaux and the Domaine Jean Monnier et Fils are also good options.
- Enjoy a hot air balloon ride with Beaune Montgolfiere and take in the stunning countryside.
The best places to stay in Meursault
- The Hotel la Cueillette is a wonderful 12th-century château surrounded by vine rows. There are 19 luxurious rooms, a lovely, grape themed spa, a fine dining restaurant and one of the region’s best wine cellars.
- La Maison Labbé features 5 smart contemporary rooms right in the centre of Meursault. An intimate spot.
For nearby Puligny-Montrachet
- The Hotel le Montrachet is a gorgeous, 19th-century residence in Puligny-Montrache, with comfortable, spacious rooms in elegant, yet warm, decor.
- Six-bedroom La Chouette is a charming stay with smart accommodation boasting panoramic views of their gardens. WIth plenty of vineyards and lovely restaurants nearby, it's a great spot.
- La Maison d'Olivier Leflaive is a 17th-century townhouse featuring quaint accommodation (including two suites) decorated in warm hues. There's lovely Burgundian cuisine served up too.
- Boasting a wonderfully serene location, Les Clos du Colombier features elegant rooms with gorgeous views. With a pool, splendid wine selection and delectable local food, it's the ultimate Burgundian retreat.
- La Ferme de Marjolet is a lovely 12th-century farmhouse with three deluxe, minimalistic suites. Plus, you can even enjoy a massage and take part in wine tasting or cooking classes! A great all-round choice.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Visitors can fly into Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport before taking the train up to Meursault.
- The weather's nicest in the summer months, with the average temperature rising to 21°C in July.
- However, this is peak season so be sure to book ahead as the best places to stay in Meursault get quickly booked up.
- If you'd like to see more of the surrounding area then consider hiring a car form Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Meursault.
- Expand your search to include all the best hotels in the Côte d'Or.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Meursault
Best Hotels in Meursault
La Maison Labbé Meursault 5 rooms from £100Active Holiday - Make the most out of the activities on offer near Maison Labbé to get out and explore your beautiful surroundingsRomantic Break - Quiet, private and spacious accomodation in quaint Mersault-what could be better?Great walks - Stroll through the local vineyards or if you're feeling more ambitious then set off on the 7km Mersault-Blagny hiking trail
Clos Saint Jacques Meursault 4 rooms from £120Local exploring - Explore the delightful village of Meursault which has been a crossroad for pilgrims for centuriesCountry Escape - This peaceful setting with authenic French charm is the ideal destination to retreat inGreat walks - Take a walk in the enticing Burgundy countryside - ask at reception for the best walking routesLocal markets - Savour the local produce of the region at the village market every FridayRecommended by - Sawdays
This former winery built in the 18th century is steeped in traditional French village charm. Rooms are spacious yet cosy maintaining an authentic 18th century feel with bare brick walls and regional fabrics. Nestled in the village of Meursault, there are restaurants a short walk away. See More
Hotel La Cueillette Meursault (18 Rue de Cîteaux) 19 rooms from £221Country Escape - Situated in Chateau de Citeaux, this hotel makes a perfect weekend or romantic getaway from the bustling sounds of the city.Spa breaks - The hotel boasts the worlds first ever Fruititherapy Spa with grapes and other red berries.Local markets - The 19th century covered market cannot be missed, head down and pick up the best local produce.Sights nearby - Visit the world renowned 15th century hospital in Beaune.
Set in a 12th century building amongst the popular vineyards of Meursault, this luxury hotel offers a calming atmosphere to its visitors. A unique spa experience, an all day buffet breakfast, a fine dining restaurant and a wine cellar that houses some of the best age-old wines from the region. See More