Search the best hotels in Morzine
Morzine has all the traditional trimmings of a French alpine town, just a short dash from Geneva airport, so it's easy to see why it's a popular destination all year round. But if course in winter its local slopes, lightly dusted with forest, become a playground for skiers and wintersports-folk. As well as being easy to get to there's also plenty of choice when it comes to choosing the best places to stay in Morzine - from chalets to hotels - and there's a wide range of restaurants and bars in town, and ski huts out on the slopes. So this is an easy resort to enjoy and a great place for families.
What Not To Miss
- Morzine is a great spot to learn to ski, or to improve your skills, and there's plenty of choice when it comes to intermediate slopes. There are also around 70kms of cross country ski routes, and an excellent range of facilities for snowboarders.
- When the lake freezes it’s the perfect skating rink, and the hills surrounding the town are perfect for a gentle off-piste ramble.
- Morzine is capital of the Portes du Soleil region, so has the best après ski and atmosphere, but its low altitude means that you might not get snow here until the season starts a-proper - but you can always enjoy the town’s many charms though, and catch the lifts upwards…
- In the summer Morzine is popular with hikers and bikers - who're catered to so well there's even a bike park, which is like a snow park for snowboarders.
- There's also a golf course if you fancy a few holes instead of hiking or cycling.
- Or for something completely different - there's a waterpark in nearby Avoriaz with everything from a lazy river to a rope swing ensuring there's no shortage of things to keep the kids entertained.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Morzine are charming properties that enable visitors to make the most of all the activities that the town has to offer.
The best places to stay in Morzine
In the centre of town
- La Bergerie is a family friendly traditional alpine chalet offering stunning views and enjoying a great central location. It's ideal for either winter or summer holidays, with its easy access to the slopes in winter and the plethora of summer activities close by including hiking and biking. Plus there's a lovely pool for relaxing after a tough day in the mountains.
- The Farmhouse is a stunning property in the centre of the village. There are eleven individually designed rooms with plenty of period features and a really cosy feel. Dinner is a very jolly affair with delicious daily changing set menus served to all around a communal table. Ideal for families, groups or even a romantic break!
- In a pretty, traditional looking alpine village just outside Morzine, La Ferme du Lac Vert, is a beautiful converted chalet built in 1842 with 14 sumptuous rooms and lovely views. The new decor incorporates modern art and top notch hot tubs in amongst the antiques and original features, and along with those 14 rooms there’s a six man mini-chalet for groups or families. As well as four course suppers prepared by AA Rosette chefs they do a delicious afternoon tea and canapés.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a selection of properties ideal for enjoying the town and the mountains.
- Fly to Geneva Airport located 83km (52 miles) from Morzine with a wide selection of flight connections across Europe and to North America and Africa.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the mountains - for prices and online booking click here.
- Morzine is really charming around Christmas, but if you’re serious about skiing then you’re better off holding off until January at least. February is a really popular time, but that’s probably partly due to school holidays. By March the days are longer and sunnier, but by the end of March and into April most years things are getting slushy, which can be fun, but it’s not so serious.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Morzine,
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Chamonix or Tignes or all the best places to stay in Haute Savoie region.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Morzine
Best Hotels in Morzine
The Farmhouse Morzine Morzine (429 Chemin de la Coutettaz) 11 rooms from £110Full of characterHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Romantic - Good for couples.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Winter or summer, this imposing 18th century property is your cosy home from home in Morzine. Eleven comfy rooms, seven in main house - others in two separate buildings - furnished in warm, rich colours with attractive exposed beams. Handy for the ski lifts. Perfect for couples, families and groups. See More
La Bergerie Morzine 27 rooms from £113Skiing - Morzine is at the heart of the Portes du Soleil and the hotel is very close to the lifts.Fishing - Lac des Mines d’Or, Lac de Montriond, Lac du Plan du Rocher.Tennis - Local Tennis CourtsSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolRecommended by - Tablet
This traditional alpine chalet offers guests comfortable spacious guest rooms with stunning views and modern amenities. A cozy bar with fireplace, all year outdoor swimming pool and excellent skiing/hiking on the doorstep. Family friendly lodge with loads to explore winter or summer. See More
Le Petit Dru Morzine 58 rooms from £125Parking - Free parking- Excellent bus service both up to Avoriaz and to Super Morzine & Pleney. Hotel is 2 mins walk from the stop.Skiing - Ski storage on site, there is a free bus which passes stops very near the hotel every 10 mins.Great walks - Over 200 km of Alpine walking & hiking trails to suit all ages and abilitiesSauna/Steam - and hammam.
A traditional chalet-style hotel in an ideal location overlooking the pretty town square in Morzine. A warm and welcoming reception, bar and open fire provides the perfect rendezvous for groups and families. Unwind in the Spa, sauna and hammam and cool off in the delightful indoor/outdoor pool. See More
La Ferme du Lac Vert Morzine (Montriond) 15 rooms from £226Skiing - Montriond is just outisde Morzine which is part of the huge Portes du Soleil ski area.Sights nearby - The spa towns of Annecy, Thonon and Evian are all easy day tripsGreat walks - The Portes du Soleil region has 400km of marked walking trails.Views - All the rooms have stunning mountain viewsRecommended by - I Escape
Stunning luxury chalet located in a traditional village just outside Morzine. Twelve sumptuous bedrooms boast an eclectic mix of original features, antique furnishing and modern artworks. Top notch food & hot tubs for easing weary limbs. Separate six man chalet ideal for families. Mountain bliss! See More