Search the best hotels in Morzine
Just under one-and-a-half hours’ drive from Geneva, Morzine is a marvellous alpine destination. Popular with travellers from France and Switzerland as well as further afield, this a charming French mountain town for an active summer holiday or a ski-focused winter escape. Accommodation options range from private chalets to historic hotels, ideal for couples, friends or families. Some of the best places to stay in Morzine are nestled within the town itself, but we also have a couple of favourites in the surrounding villages.
Brilliant for beginners or advanced skiers and snowboarders, Morzine offers a diverse set of slopes, including 70kms of cross-country ski routes. Spend your days zipping down the mountainside with friends, watching the little ones hone their skills at ski school, or skating on the frozen lake, with panoramic views of the snow-covered mountains above.
Come summer, you can expect countless trails for mountain bikers and hikers, as well as a golf course, a waterpark in nearby Avoriaz, or swimming pools at some of the best places to stay in Morzine. The capital of the Portes du Soleil region, Morzine is a wonderful choice for a French alpine trip, with a lively après-ski scene, a vast array of activities, and some gorgeous chalets.
The Best Places to Stay in Morzine
For Intimate Charm
- The Farmhouse boasts 11 cosy rooms with wooden beams and period furnishings in an imposing 18th century house and two adjacent buildings. Gather for dinners around the communal table after big days out. An intimate spot for couples, friends or families in the heart of Morzine.
- La Bergerie is a family-friendly alpine chalet offering stunning views from a great central Morzine location. Its proximity to the slopes makes it ideal for both summer and winter holidays. The swimming pool and communal lounge area with roaring fire are perfect for unwinding as a family.
- Le Petit Dru is a classic chalet hotel with contemporary interiors and a plethora of lively communal areas. Play pool, table tennis and table football, gather at the bar, take a refreshing dip in the outdoor swimming pool or kick back at the spa. Families will appreciate the fun, sociable atmosphere, the activities and the flexible room options.
- La Ferme du Lac Vert dates back to 1842, but a 21st-century renovation has yielded sumptuous suites with characterful pine furnishings, big bathtubs and sink-into beds. The mini-chalet sleeps groups of up to six guests: perfect for family and friends travelling together. Four-course dinners and delicious afternoon teas are a real treat. A luxurious pick in Montriond, near Morzine.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR Chalet
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Geneva Airport, and drive 1 hour and 20 minutes into the mountains to Morzine. Alternatively, hop aboard the bus, which takes closer to three hours, but is appealingly affordable.
- Haute-Savoie is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- The ski season begins in November, and Morzine is charming at Christmas, but serious skiers will find that the best snow is expected from January onwards. By late March and early April, higher temperatures mean that the snow can become slushy. Avoid February half-term for better deals and fewer crowds.
Still not sure?
- Take a look at our recommendations in nearby Avoriaz
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Haute-Savoie.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Morzine
Best Hotels in Morzine
The Farmhouse Morzine Morzine (429 Chemin de la Coutettaz) 11 rooms from £110Full of characterHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Romantic - Good for couples.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Winter or summer, this imposing 18th century property is your cosy home from home in Morzine. Eleven comfy rooms, seven in main house - others in two separate buildings - furnished in warm, rich colours with attractive exposed beams. Handy for the ski lifts. Perfect for couples, families and groups. See More
La Bergerie Morzine 27 rooms from £113Skiing - Morzine is at the heart of the Portes du Soleil and the hotel is very close to the lifts.Fishing - Lac des Mines d’Or, Lac de Montriond, Lac du Plan du Rocher.Tennis - Local Tennis CourtsSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolRecommended by - Tablet
This traditional alpine chalet offers guests comfortable spacious guest rooms with stunning views and modern amenities. A cozy bar with fireplace, all year outdoor swimming pool and excellent skiing/hiking on the doorstep. Family friendly lodge with loads to explore winter or summer. See More
Le Petit Dru Morzine 58 rooms from £125Parking - Free parking- Excellent bus service both up to Avoriaz and to Super Morzine & Pleney. Hotel is 2 mins walk from the stop.Skiing - Ski storage on site, there is a free bus which passes stops very near the hotel every 10 mins.Great walks - Over 200 km of Alpine walking & hiking trails to suit all ages and abilitiesSauna/Steam - and hammam.
A traditional chalet-style hotel in an ideal location overlooking the pretty town square in Morzine. A warm and welcoming reception, bar and open fire provides the perfect rendezvous for groups and families. Unwind in the Spa, sauna and hammam and cool off in the delightful indoor/outdoor pool. See More
La Ferme du Lac Vert Morzine (Montriond) 15 rooms from £226Skiing - Montriond is just outisde Morzine which is part of the huge Portes du Soleil ski area.Sights nearby - The spa towns of Annecy, Thonon and Evian are all easy day tripsGreat walks - The Portes du Soleil region has 400km of marked walking trails.Views - All the rooms have stunning mountain viewsRecommended by - I Escape
Stunning luxury chalet located in a traditional village just outside Morzine. Twelve sumptuous bedrooms boast an eclectic mix of original features, antique furnishing and modern artworks. Top notch food & hot tubs for easing weary limbs. Separate six man chalet ideal for families. Mountain bliss! See More