- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Morzine
Morzine has all the traditional trimmings of a French alpine town, just a short dash from Geneva airport, so it's easy to see why it's a popular destination all year round. But if course in winter its local slopes, lightly dusted with forest, become a playground for skiers and wintersports-folk.
As well as being easy to get to there's also plenty of choice when it comes to choosing the best places to stay in Morzine - from chalets to hotels, and there's a wide range of restaurants and bars in town, and ski huts out on the slopes. So this is an easy resort to enjoy and a great place for families.
What Not To Miss
- Morzine is a great spot to learn to ski, or to improve your skills, and there are plenty of choice when it comes to intermediate slopes. There are also around 70kms of cross country ski routes, and an excellent range of facilities for snowboarders.
- When the lake freezes it’s the perfect skating rink, and the hills surrounding the town are perfect for a gentle off-piste ramble. It’s capital of the Portes du Soleil region, so has the best après ski and atmosphere, but its low altitude means that you might not get snow here until the season starts a-proper - you can always enjoy the town’s many charms though, and catch the shuttle upwards…
- In the summer Morzine is popular with hikers and bikers - who're catered to so well there's even a bike park, which is like a snow park for snowboarders.
- There's also a golf course if you fancy a few holes instead of hiking or cycling.
- Or for something completely different - there's a waterpark in nearby Avoriaz with everything from a lazy river to a rope swing ensuring there's no shortage of things to keep the kids entertained.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Morzine are charming properties that enable visitors to make the most of the activities that the town has to offer.
The best places to stay in Morzine
The Best Places to Stay in Morzine
- La Bergerie is a family friendly traditional alpine chalet offering stunning views and enjoying a great central location. It's ideal for either winter or summer holidays, with its easy access to the slopes in winter and the plethora of summer activities including hiking and biking. Plus there's a lovely pool for relaxing after a tough day in the mountains.
- In a pretty, traditional looking alpine village just outside Morzine, La Ferme du Lac Vert, is a beautiful converted chalet built in 1842 with 14 sumptuous rooms and lovely views. The new decor incorporates modern art and top notch hot tubs in amongst the antiques and original features, and along with those 14 rooms there’s a six man mini-chalet for groups or families. As well as four course suppers prepared by AA Rosette chefs they do a delicious afternoon tea and canapés.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a selection of properties ideal for enjoying the town and the mountains.
- Fly to Geneva Airport located 83km (52 miles) from Morzine with a wide selection of flight connections across Europe and to North America and Africa.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the mountains - for prices and online booking click here.
- Best time to visit - for skiers visit from December to April or for summer outdoor enthusiasts, visit during the summer months of July and August.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Morzine for you?
Best Hotels in Morzine
La Ferme du Lac Vert 14 rooms from £256Morzine (Montriond)
Stunning luxury chalet located in a traditional village just outside Morzine. Fourteen sumptuous bedrooms boast an eclectic mix of original features, antique furnishing and modern artworks. Top notch food & hot tubs for easing weary limbs. Separate six man chalet ideal for families. Mountain bliss!Skiing - Montriond is just outisde Morzine which is part of the huge Portes du Soleil ski area.Sights nearby - The spa towns of Annecy, Thonon and Evian are all easy day tripsGreat walks - The Portes du Soleil region has 400km of marked walking trails.Views - All the rooms have stunning mountain viewsRecommended by - I Escape
La Bergerie 27 rooms from £114Morzine
This traditional alpine chalet offers guests comfortable spacious guest rooms with stunning views and modern amenities. A cozy bar with fireplace, all year outdoor swimming pool and excellent skiing/hiking on the doorstep. Family friendly lodge with loads to explore winter or summer.Skiing - Morzine is at the heart of the Portes du Soleil and the hotel is very close to the lifts.Fishing - Lac des Mines d’Or, Lac de Montriond, Lac du Plan du Rocher.Swimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet