Search the best hotels in Obernai
Obernai is a wonderfully charming wine-producing town in the beautiful Alsace region. Its atmospheric ring wall, and half-timber houses in pretty colours with their flower boxes, make it a popular spot for day trippers, but it makes an excellent base for exploring more of the region. The best places to stay in Obernai are generally in the attractive town centre, but if you’re planning to explore the whole region then the best options are probably just out of town, where you’ll be in amongst the vines and surrounded by lovely views.
As well as being close to the vineyards of the Alsace, Obernai is also close to the slopes of the Vosges mountains, so many guidebooks refer to it as Alsace in miniature.
What not to miss
- Head to the Mont Sainte Odile Convent; the chapel and convent are beautiful and the views are extraordinary.
- Or, for another set of spectacular views take a walk around the 13th-century ramparts.
- The church of St. Peter and St. Paul is another must-visit local highlight.
- Wander around the Parcous Historique d'Obernai if you want to find out more about the town's rich history.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Obernai, are ideal bases whether you're here for a quick stop-over or for an exploration of the wider area.
The best places to stay in Obernai
For local charm
- Le Parc Hotel has an alpine feel on the outside but a nice blend of modern and traditional details to the interior. There are 62 rooms - some with lovely views, two pools, a spa and a menu specialising in local dishes.
- A La Cour d'Alsace is an elegant, 53-room hotel in the heart of Obernai’s medieval centre. Rooms have exposed beams and antique furniture and there’s an indoor pool with sauna and spa. There are also lovely gardens and terraces and a superb restaurant.
For peace and quiet
- L'Ami Fritz is a charming 18th-century stone house surrounded by vineyards. Some of its 22 rooms offer views of Mont Saint Odile and there’s a heated pool. They also serve traditional, seasonal dishes.
- Les Chambres d'Atelier offers three rustic-chic rooms along Alsace's wine route. A lovely little spot, ideal for those passing through.
- Chateau de Grunstein oozes historic charm and offers a range of suites that are ideal for groups. The Wine Road is just a few minutes away so there's plenty to keep you occupied each day!
For a spa retreat
- The luxurious Hostellerie des Châteaux et Spa boasts uber-smart rooms in neutral tones. There's an indoor pool, spa, no less than six saunas and a restaurant serving up exquisite local cuisine. What more could you ask for?
- Four-room La Maison de Sophie belies its traditional interiors to offer sleek, smart accommodation with wood-pannelling, modern bathrooms and a spa. Head down to the sister hotel to tuck into wonderful grub each evening.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Visitors can fly into Strasbourg Airport, located 20 minutes away from Obernai.
- The weather's at its nicest in the summer months, with the temperature climbing to 21°C in July.
- However, this is peak tourist season and so the best places to stay in Obernai get quickly booked up.
- If you're looking for a quieter and cheaper alternative, consider coming in the shoulder seasons of spring and autumn.
- If you'd like to explore more of the surrounding area then consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure which to book?
Best Hotels in Obernai
Le Pavillon 7 Obernai 6 rooms from £81Short fly break - Strasbourg International Airport is less than 15km away so makes for a great quick getawayRomantic Break - Room 701 is the perfect place for a romantic break with exclusive private spa facilitiesLocal exploring - Get to know Obernai, a delightful Alsatian town famous for its beer and wineGreat walks - Walk the famous Alsace Wine Route running through impressive vineyards and sleepy villagesRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Le Pavillion 7 is a chic and intimate hotel nestled in the centre of Obernai with original art adorning its walls. All rooms are air-conditioned and have a minibar whilst room 704 has a roof terrace, sauna and fitness room. Restaurants serving the finest French cuisine are within walking distance. See More
Le Parc Hotel Obernai (Alsace) 62 rooms from £95Great walks - Take a walk up to Mont Sainte Odile Convent, a peaceful abode in this village setting.Sights nearby - The National Automobile Museum is an excellent day out, not just for pertrol heads!Full of characterViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Don't be fooled by the alpine exterior, this hotel is a blend of traditional and modern. The menu is a contemporary take on Alsatian dishes and continental breakfast is a lavish spread. Some rooms are classic country, others brazenly modern - all with views. There are two pools and spa. See More
Les Chambres de L'Atelier Obernai 3 rooms from £104Local exploring - Well positioned along the Alsace wine route and offering easy access to the region's attractions.Local markets - Visit the renowned Christmas markets at Colmar and Eguisheim.Restrictions on children - Adult onlyFull of character
A small B&B offering rustic chic accommodation set along the Alsace wine route. A handful of individually styled rooms feature exposed beams, wooden floors, crisp white linen and luxurious bathrooms. Indulgent continental breakfasts are served and there's plenty to explore in the surrounding area. See More
A La cour d'Alsace Obernai 53 rooms from £133Local exploring - Medieval city of Obernai and nearby Strasbourg for sightseeing, cycling, horse riding and spa to relax inFishing - Superb spots in Rhine Valley, hotel can adviseGreat walks - Through nearby Black ForestRomantic - Good for couples.