Search the best hotels in Orléans
Set on the north bank of the Loire River, just over 100 kilometres from Paris, elegant Orléans is a buzzing, cosmopolitan city with a gorgeous medieval heart. A key settlement since pre-Roman times, Orléans is a wonderful Loire Valley base for history and culture buffs. Accommodation options range from simple B&Bs in the city centre to luxurious riverside châteaux in the surrounding countryside. Wherever they’re located, our pick of the best places to stay in Orléans promise heaps of character and an appealingly intimate feel.
Explore the pedestrianised centre of the city to spot marvellous medieval buildings, as well as multiple statues of Jeanne d’Arc, who famously defeated the English forces at the 1429 Siege of Orléans. The Maison de Jeanne d’Arc is the place to go for an real insight into the legendary Maid of Orléans. If you're into art and history, the Musée des Beaux-Arts and the Musée d’Histoire et d’Archéologie also come highly recommended. Don’t miss the grand Cathédrale Sainte-Croix, an imposing Gothic building with spectacular stained-glass windows. Round off your discoveries with a stroll through the tranquil, family-friendly Parc Floral de la Source, before perching at one of the many cafés which surround the Place du Martroi, where you can expect regular live music.
Heritage hotspots aside, Orléans also offers glitzy boutiques, delightful eateries and a lively evening scene. The many wonders of the Loire Valley are within easy reach, and there’s plenty for outdoorsy visitors to enjoy along the shores of the Loire River, or in the forested La Solange region, including cycling, fishing, hiking, horse riding and kayaking.
Whether you’re travelling as a couple, family or group of friends, the best places to stay in Orléans offer a brilliant stop on a Loire Valley road trip, or the perfect retreat for a sophisticated weekend break.
The Best Places to Stay in Orléans
For a Central Stay
- Hotel de L'Abeille is a unique boutique spot in the pedestriansed part of Orléans. Expect funky, individually-designed rooms with Louis XIV-style touches and vibrant wallpapers, as well as delightful organic breakfasts. The roof terrace is a real highlight and the location ideal for city explorers.
- Empreinte Hotel is a luxurious couples' favourite, with swish rooms featuring dark tones and cool, contemporary bathrooms. Pick this place for the chic interiors, generous breakfasts and the indulgent spa. A romantic, city-centre pad.
For a Country Escape
- Moulin St Julien offers four stylish rooms in a striking riverside location. Set in Fontaine, this historic B&B is within close proximity to Orléans, but promises a laid-back, tranquil feel and lots of opportunities to explore the great outdoors. There's a tennis court and swimming pool onsite, and the hosts can help to arrange fishing trips, walking or cycling.
- Château La Touanne is a gorgeous B&B in a 17th-century residence just 15 miles from Orléans. Brilliant for both romantic couples and families, the château features four spacious rooms and two stand-alone cottages, complete with high ceilings, antique furnishings and rich textiles. The sprawling gardens and swimming pool are great places to relax.
For Great Value
- Les Trois Maillets is a quirky B&B tucked behind a Renassiance building in the heart of Orléans. Wander to cafés and museums before returning to antique-filled rooms. A great value city pick.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Paris Charles de Gaulle and travel just over 100km to Orléans by car or train. Trains from Paris take between 50 mins and 1hr 25 mins.
- The Loire Valley is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Although Orléans' beautiful sights can be viewed year-round, you can expect the warmest weather from June to September. The famous Festival de la Loire is a September highlight! For a quieter trip and great hotel deals, come in the spring (April - May).
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Tours.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Loire Valley.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Orléans
Best Hotels in Orléans
Les Trois Maillets Orléans 2 rooms from £74Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from the Maison de Jeanne d'Arc.
Hotel de L'Abeille Orléans 26 rooms from £83Sights nearby - Visit the famous Cathedrale Ste-CroixGreat walks - Through the Parc Floral OrleansFull of characterLocal markets - Good for local colour.
This unique hotel, now in its fourth generation of the family is located in a pedestrian area of Orleans. Each room is decorated in Louis XIV style with vibrant wallpapers and furnishings. Some rooms have balconies and for those that don't there is a roof terrace. An organic breakfast is served. See More
Moulin St Julien Orléans 4 rooms from £100Fishing - Fishing trips on the nearby river can be organised by the hotel.Sights nearby - Take a trip to the fantastic Botanical Gardens of Orléans.Tennis - Play a game of tennis at the B&B's court.Full of character
Château La Touanne Orléans (Baccon) 6 rooms from £113Sights nearby - Take a day trip to Orleans and explore its famous sights.Great walks - The surrounding 20 hectare park is great for walking.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Sawdays
Empreinte Hotel Orléans 33 rooms from £130Local exploring - Set in the heart of the historic city, ideal for those wanting to explore by footGreat walks - Stroll along the banks of Le Loire or head to the 70 hector Ile de CharlemagnePrivate Hot TubBoutique
This boutique hotel situated on the banks of the Loire is ideally situated within the historic centre of Orleans. Individually designed rooms have a grown-up feel with rich dark hues and contemporary bathrooms. Featuring a well equipped spa and stylish lounge this a luxurious city stay. See More