Search the best hotels in Port Camargue
About Port Camargue
Port Camargue is the harbour for Le Grau-du-Roi, a popular holiday destination in the Languedoc-Roussillon region of the South of France. The marina is one of the largest pleasure ports in Europe and also a major centre for the fishing industry, while the harbourside is lined with cute cafes and seafood restaurants. In the surrounding landscape, pristine white sand beaches and dunes flank the sea, and further afield stands the Camargue National Park, teeming with bulls, wild white horses and pink flamingos. The best places to stay in Port Camargue are located on or around the marina.
What not to Miss
- The beaches stretch as far as the eye can see with 18 kilometres of fine sand. Immediately landwards are large shallow ‘étangs’ or saline lakes which support a great diversity of wildlife including beautiful flamingoes - the largest population outside Africa.
- And of course you're on the doorstep of the Camargue National Park.
- Grau-du-Roi hosts a market three mornings a week - plus there is a daily fish market.
- The nearby Seaquarium is a must for children who can see a wide variety of sea creatures through transparent underwater tunnels.
The best places to stay in Port Camargue are extremely busy during the peak summer months. So if you're planning to visit in July or August, book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Port Camargue
For Value Chic
- L’Oustau Camarguen is a welcoming hotel with spacious rooms and contemporary design features. It's a great base for exploring the local region or you can relax by the pool. It's a family favorite and excellent value with doubles from just €90 per night.
For Marina Comfort
- Le Spinaker is situated in the marina itself and has great views of all the craft moored there. Its rooms are comfortable and tasteful. It's an ideal stop off for weary sailors or a base for exploring the surrounding area.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer months when the temperature ranges between 17 and 29 degrees.
- Fly to Montpellier and take a taxi to Port Camargue. It takes 35 minutes.
- If you want to rent a carwe recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Port Camargue
L'Oustau Camarguen 39 rooms from £79Port Camargue (Le Grau-du-Roi)
L'Oustau Camarguen is a welcoming hotel on the edge of the Camargue region. Its contemporary design focuses on spacious, comfortable rooms. Explore the rich culture of the Camargue area or simply unwind by the pool. Its affordability makes it great for families and groups. A great find.Active Holiday - From horse riding, sailing to walking the hotel will gladly help arrange a whole host of activitiesValue chic - Well priced accommodation makes this a popular optionSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorLocal markets - Explore the local markets and culture of the Camarge.
Le Spinaker 21 rooms from £99Port Camargue (Le Grau-du-Roi)
Putting relaxation at the fore, Le Spinaker sits quietly on the Port Camargue marina. With beautiful views out over the marina and comfortable, tasteful rooms, it's a great place to stay whilst exploring the natural beauty of the Camargue. Perfect for people on sailing holidays coming into port.Local exploring - Explore the beautiful surrounding marshlands of the Camargue, on foot, two wheels or horseback.Sailing - With Port Camargue marina on the doorstep, it's the perfect place to stay after docking.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel