Search the best hotels in Pyrénées-Atlantiques
Framed on one side by the glittering golden beaches of the Atlantic coast and majestic mountain peaks on the other, the Pyrénées-Atlantiques offers magical landscapes to keen outdoorsy explorers. History and culture aficionados will delight in discovering medieval villages dotted amidst rolling pastures, whilst foodies can feast on traditional Basque cuisine in family-run restaurants. Whether you’re travelling as a couple or with family and friends, the region offers a tremendous array of accommodation options from chic little B&Bs to handsome Grande Dames and five star hotels with all the bells and whistles. In fitting with the enduring culture of the Pays Basque, many of the best places to stay in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques have belonged to the same families for generations, and continue to promise travellers a very warm welcome.
If you’ve come to south-western France for a seaside holiday, look to iconic Biarritz, a popular beach resort since the mid-19th Century, or to nearby Guéthary and Saint-Jean-de-Luz. Close to the Spanish border, these beachfront communities have fascinating histories, and delectable cuisine influenced by traditions on both sides of the border. Sunbathe, swim, sail and surf on the waves of the Atlantic.
Venture towards the green heartland of the Basque Country for pretty villages tucked between verdant forests and undulating hills inhabited by deer, goats and wild horses. Expect centuries-old houses with whitewashed façades and green or red-painted shutters lining narrow streets, striking churches and ancient fortifications. Ainhoa and Sare are lovely examples of classic Basque villages, whilst medieval Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, closer to the Spanish border, has its own curious past as a key resting point for pilgrims bound for Santiago de Compostela.
This is a wonderful chance to hike, cycle or horse ride along some of France’s most picturesque routes, stopping in small villages or at secluded châteaux and restaurants-with-rooms each evening. The region also has a reputation for some of France’s most marvellous and unique cuisine. You can be absolutely certain of eating and drinking well at the best places to stay in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques!
The Best Places to stay in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques
For a Charming B&B
- La Devinière offers six characterful rooms with brightly coloured walls, little bathrooms and an eclectic selection of curiosities gather by owners Bernard et Marie-France Carrère. A charming B&B in the heart of Saint-Jean-de-Luz and within walking distance of the beach. Quirky and welcoming.
- Maison Joangi is a five-bedroom B&B housed in a 17th-century farmhouse set in verdant riverside gardens in St Jean Pied de Port. White-washed interiors feature antique wooden furniture, big paintings and modern bathrooms. Some rooms have private terraces. Nature lovers and tranquil couples can relax in the gardens or embark upon scenic hikes, fishing trips and swims. Small and secluded.
- La Bastide Estratte is an ivy-clad country house overlooking the Pyrénées in Lucq de Béarn. Hikers will appreciate the low-key feel of this little B&B, with its exposed stone walls, wooden beams and proximity to walking trails and wine routes. The hot tub is perfect for unwinding post-trek.
- Ferme Elhorga is a pretty farmhouse B&B with five contemporary, light-filled rooms not far from Saint-Jean-de-Luz. Generous breakfasts, welcoming hosts and gorgeous scenery make this a standout spot. Particularly good for a hiking holiday.
- Clos Mirabel offers just five individually styled rooms in a white-painted country house with antique-filled interiors. Enjoy big breakfasts, chat to the welcoming hosts and explore miles of countryside on foot, two wheels or horseback. A real gem for couples or families near Pau.
- La Villa L'Arche offers elegant contemporary rooms and apartments right on the beach in Guéthary. Families and groups will appreciate the largest apartment, which sleeps up to six guests. Relax in the leafy gardens, by the swimming pool or on the terrace after busy days of sand and surf. Beachfront bliss for the whole family.
- Hôtel Edouard VII is a lovely 19th-century mansion in Biarritz with a classic French feel. Expect white and cream interiors with some floral wallpapers, private balconies and big breakfasts on the terrace. Shared spaces are filled with antiques. Families can book a room with extra bunks for little ones. Very central.
- La Réserve offers stunning sea views from its cliftop location in St Jean de Luz. Amble down the coastal path to the beach as a family, play a game of tennis or kick back in the gardens after big days of surfing. Ilura Restaurant serves traditional Basque cuisine — and has children's menus — and the largest of the airy, contemporary suites sleep four guests: perfect for families.
- L'Auberge Basque faces Mount Larrun, east of Saint-Jean-de-Luz. Chef Cédric Béchade specialises in modern French cuisine, rooted in Basque tradition and showcasing the best of the region's produce. Share mouth-watering plates of pintxos, paired with fine wines, at lunchtime in cool, contemporary surroundings. A Michelin-starred gem.
- Hôtel des Pyrénées is a classic holiday choice with 18 inviting guestrooms. Chef-owner Philippe Arrambide crafts innovative gourmet dishes in the Michelin-starred restaurant, using the best of Basque Country produce to cook family recipes with a modern twist. The 'Menu Terroir' offers a taste of the region, including roasted marlin followed by madeleines and confit apricots.
- Ithurria's red-painted shutters hide 28 attractive rooms and suites, some of which sleep up to five guests. A family affair, this Michelin-starred eatery is led by Chef Xavier Isabal, supported by his nephews and his brother Stéphane. Innovative dishes feature homegrown fruit and vegetables with ingredients from local Basque producers. Sample the 'Menu Gourmand'.
- Olhabidea is charming restaurant-with-rooms set within tranquil gardens near Sare. The five rooms feature classic floral interiors and garden views, perfect for restful stays. The highlight is Chef Guillaume's ever-changing menu of Pays Basque dishes, fusing market produce with ingredients grown in the garden.
- Briketenia Hotel has 14 chic guestrooms and suites with white-on-white interiors and exposed stonework in Guéthary. Father and son Martin and David Ibarboure craft Michelin-starred fare, working closely with local producers to source the very best ingredients. The fish of the day is exceptional.
For a Tranquil Escape
- Château du Clair de Lune is tucked withing beautiful gardens and parkland studded with mimosa and rhododendron. Ten elegant rooms are hidden within the 19th-century manor house, and there are a further eight, some of which have flexible spaces for families, in the more modern hunting lodge. Swim in the pool, relax in the verdant grounds or dine in style at creative L'Atelier, located in the estate grounds.
- Le Beaumanoir sits two kilometres inland from Biarritz, with eight lavish rooms and suites, a Dom Perignon bar and a refreshing swimming pool. A quirky heritage house promising a luxurious stay in restful rural surroundings. Best for couples or friends travelling together.
- Château d'Urtubie has belonged to the same family since it was built in 1341. Set within private gardens and parkland just three kilometres from Saint-Jean-de-Luz, it's an appealingly laid-back rural escape, with classic interiors and an outdoor pool. Guided tours are fascinating. A tranquil hideaway.
- Acré is a relaxed riverside hotel, run by the same family for five generations. Pick this place for its laid-back charm and magical riverfront location, where you can swim in a sheltered pool or read under the chestnut trees. Generous breakfasts are served on the sunlit terrace, and evening feasts in the smart dining room. A restful village idyll.
For a Seaside Icon
- Hôtel du Palais is an opulent Biarritz icon, perched in an enviable seaside location on Grande Plage. Soak up marvellous Bay of Biscay views from some of the 150+ sumptuous rooms and suites, enjoy restorative treatments at the spa, or cool off in the indoor and outdoor pools. Multiple fine-dining options and direct beach access add to the appeal of this grande dame.
For Great Value
- Chez Chilo has belonged to the same family for three generations, and current owners Martine and Pierre offer a warm Basque welcome. Sink into soothing bedrooms clad in pastels and white after pool dips and Pierre's moreish Basque dinners in the dining room. Reasonably priced and very inviting.
- Villa la Renaissance is an elegant white house just fifteen minutes' walk from Bayonne city centre. Ten bedrooms with bold, painted walls and classic interiors overlook the river. Breakfasts are served on a terrace facing secluded gardens. Family rooms are available.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Biarritz Pays Basque Airport, or travel by TGV from Paris to Biarritz in under 5 hours. Make your way to your destination by taxi, train or bus from there.
- France is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between May and September for warm weather (with temperatures peaking around 25°C) and perfect for a beach holiday. Spring or autumn visitors can expect cooler temperatures.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Biarritz, or widen the net to include our recommendations in the Pyrennees Orientales or the Hautes Pyrenees
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Basque Country, Spain.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Pyrénées-Atlantiques
Best Hotels in Pyrénées-Atlantiques
Chez Chilo Barcus, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 8 rooms from £61Hideaway - A French country getaway where you can trade the hustle and bustle for the laid back life of the mountains.Great walks - Grab a packed lunch from the hotel and set off to explore the plateaus, forests and grasslands.Sights nearby - The beautiful valleys of Aspe, Ossau and Barétous are nearby.Restaurant - Serving traditional dishes, using fresh local ingredients
An adorable family hotel with fantastic rustic food, in a picturesque village. Fresh and simple bedrooms in pastels and whites and a lovely dining room, in which you'll be served the best local produce. A delightful garden, swimming pool and children's play area. The perfect hideaway. See More
Hotel Laminak Biarritz, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 12 rooms from £65Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the cities and beaches of the Basque regionValue chic - With rooms from as little as €75 per night, it's a stealLocal markets - There are lots of traidtional markets to visit in the surrounding towns and villagesSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - Michelin Travel, Sawdays
Hotel Harretchea Ahetze, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 11 rooms from £69Local exploring - A glorious base to discover the Basque Country from.Surfing - Find ideal conditions for surfing on the nearby beaches.TraditionalSpaRecommended by - Sawdays
La Bastide Estratte Lucq-de-Béarn, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 3 rooms from £80Country Escape - A tranquil and scenic spot overlooking the Pyrenean peaks.Great walks - Discover picturesque walking trails starting straight from the property.Views - Great views from hotelTraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
Edouard VII Biarritz 18 rooms from £69Families - Family rooms are available, with bunk beds for childrenCity Style - Charming residence, in the centre of BiatrritzLocal markets - Explore the local french markets both in Biarritz and further afield.Sights nearby - Visit the Rocher de la Vierge and the Eglise Sainte EugenieRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Charming and oh-so-French address in the city centre. A 19th century mansion keeps its original interiors - wood panelling, wooden floors, and old mirrors - which compliment the rooms' elegant creams and whites. The breakfast terrace is the pièce de résistance. Relaxed and family-friendly. See More
Jardins de Bakea Biriatou, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 25 rooms from £72Foodies - The gourmet restaurant is one of the best in the region and serves stunning, locally sourced, seasonal dishes.Country Escape - Situated in a pretty garden with lovely sweeping views and plenty of outdoor pursuits in the surrounding area.Value chic - An excellent value stayGreat walks - Lovely walks through the pretty Basque country.
A charming property with lovely views of the Basque Country. Pretty rooms, traditional in style, with chintz fabrics and sash windows. Contemporary, well appointed bathrooms. Gourmet regional cuisine, a stunning outdoor terrace for dining and a great wine list to boot. An ideal country getaway. See More
Olhabidea Sare 5 rooms from £74Foodies - Mouthwatering, simple, regional cuisine using only the finest local ingrediants, most straight from the garden.Country Escape - A lovely rural property, cosy and quiet, at the foothills of the Pyrenees.Sights nearby - Visit the late-Romanesque church and wander the streets of Sare with it's quaint whitewashed houses.Great walks - Spend a day at the coast and find stunning rugged walks.
A restaurant with rooms that provides wonderful hospitality and food in a beautiful home. Five individually styled, traditional, rooms. Chintz fabrics, beamed ceilings and local art give a quaint feel. A delightful menu with much of the produce coming from the garden. A charming rural stay. See More
Chateau d'Urtubie Saint Jean de Luz (St Jean de Luz) 8 rooms from £74Value chic - Beautifully restored rooms start from just €85 per night.Foodies - Michelin recommended gourmet restaurant very close by.Great walks - There's a good range for all abilities from walking the coastal paths to hiking in the nearby mountains.Local markets - Visit one of many traditional local markets in the surrounding towns and villages.Recommended by - Sawdays
Elegant family-run chateau. Sympathetically restored bedrooms and suites crammed with antiques and artworks, and seriously impressive public spaces. Beautiful grounds and lovely swimming pool. Within walking distance of a gourmet restaurant. Ideal for foodies, couples, and local explorers. See More
Hotel de l'Océan Biarritz 26 rooms from £77Beach Life - Set a stone's throw from the beach in Biarritz, book this hotel for your next Basque Country seaside breakLocal exploring - With easy access to the coast and to the city centre, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringRomantic Break - Book a luxury Ocean View Suite with a private balcony for added indulgence on your romantic getawaySurfing - Biarritz is a surf haven, with great conditions off the coast; the hotel can arrange surfboard delivery to get you started
Nestled by the coast in Biarritz, this hotel is perfect for a Basque Country seaside break. The hotel's cream-white facade is traversed by two balconies, providing sit-out terraces with sea views for several guestrooms. Start the day with breakfast on the hotel terrace in Place Sainte-Eugénie. See More
La Maison Oppoca Ainhoa 10 rooms from £77Local exploring - Book a stay here and you're perfectly placed for exploring both rural towns and villages and the coast and beaches.Country Escape - A converted coaching lodge with a number of outdoor activities in the surrounding area.Great walks - Great hiking opportunities in the surrounding area and you may also see the Basque small wild horses, "pottocks".Restaurant - Authentic Baque cuisine either in the bistro or fine dining restaurant
A pretty 17th century inn in the historic village of Ainhoa. Traditional rooms keep their charm with exposed stone walls and wooden beams yet have a fresh contemporary feel. Regional cuisine is served in the restaurant. Plenty of outdoor pursuits in the area. Inexpensive, ideal for a country break. See More
Maison Garnier Biarritz 7 rooms from £78Local exploring - Ideally located for getting the best from Biarritz and the surrounding Basque CountryBeach Life - Situated just three minutes walk from the beach.Sights nearby - 5 minutes walk from the Casino de FranceRestrictions on children - This is an adults only establishmentRecommended by - Michelin Travel, Sawdays
Maison Maxana La Bastide-Clairence, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 5 rooms from £78Country Escape - La Bastide Clairence has been described as one of France's most beautiful villages, perfect for a rural break.Local exploring - Beaches, countryside, villages, and monuments to explore.Views - Beautiful green countryside around.Sights nearby - Charming villages and historic abbeys, churches, and cathedrals to explore.
A boutique B&B in an historic house. Chic rooms and suites have contemporary furnishings and all the mod cons. Works of art and objets d'art fill every corner, plus there's a large swimming pool and sun bathing area for relaxing, and lunch on request. A quiet base for local exploring. See More
Briketenia Hotel Guethary 14 rooms from £82Foodies - Owned by the Ibarboure family who harbour generations of restaurantier experience and are littered with Michelin Stars.Surfing - Long swathes of sandy beaches with excellent surf conditions.Restaurant - The restaurant boasts one Michelin StarGreat walks - Miles of coastline to be explored.
A chic boutique restaurant with rooms owned by renowned restauranteurs the Ibarboure family. Undeniably brilliant cuisine. Trendy interiors with simple white-washed walls, exposed stonework and small balconies to take your gourmet breakfast on. Miles of sandy beaches nearby. French paradise. See More
Arraya Sare 20 rooms from £83Country Escape - A gorgeous property, set in one of France's prettiest villages, at the foothills of the Pyrénées.Sights nearby - Visit the storybook pretty hamlet of Ihalar.Tennis - Offsite courts.Views - Great views from hotel
Delightful, family-run hotel in the centre of lovely Sare. It combines the comfort of a modern hotel with the charm of a quintessentially Basque residence - wooden beams, colourful country fabrics, pretty objets d'art and quaint bed spreads. An excellent restaurant too. A charming country abode. See More
Arcé St-Etienne-de-Baigorry, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 22 rooms from £87Foodies - The in-house restaurant dishes up delicious rustic treats.Country Escape - Located at the foot of the Ispéguy passRomantic - Beautiful location, perfect for a weekend awaySights nearby - A beautiful mountain range to be exploredRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Michelin Travel
Magical riverside setting in a typical Basque village. Excellent restaurant serving rustic treats such as wood pigeon. Large elegant bedrooms with terraces and beautiful mountain views. Guests are invited to relax by the outdoor pool or the cosy hotel lounge. A peaceful country retreat. See More
Relais du Silence Argi Eder Ainhoa 26 rooms from £87Country Escape - Set in lovely gardens with a tennis court and swimming pool - the perfect country stayFoodies - Foodies will love the season and traditional cuisine served in the gourmet restaurant.Sights nearby - Visit the Rock of the blessed Virgin that overlooks Biarritz Bay.Tennis - Bring your racquet and have a game on the on site court
A gorgeous property set in a quaint village in the hills of the Basque Country. Traditional french-country rooms feature light wooden furniture and pretty fabrics. Lovely gardens equipped with a tennis court and pool. The gourmet regional cuisine is a treat. A charming rural abode. See More
Hotel Villa Catarie Guethary 16 rooms from £95Full of character - The property dates back to the 18th century and all the rooms are furnished with antiquesSights nearby - You're bang in between Biarritz and St Jean de Luz so there's plenty to see close byLocal markets - Explore the traditaional french market in Guethary and those further afieldSurfing - This coastline is renowned for its great surfingRecommended by - Sawdays, Michelin Travel
Clos Mirabel Pau (Pyrenees Atlantiques) 5 rooms from £96Country Escape - A charming rural house set in stunning countryside.Sights nearby - Take a train and a boat through the local caves at Béthérram.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Sawdays
A bright white country house, set in mature gardens, between the coast and the mountains. Five traditionally dressed rooms are all individually styled with dark antique furniture, warm hues and wooden floors. Indulgent breakfasts are served and the friendly hosts always give a warm welcome. See More
La Reserve, Saint-Jean-de-Luz Saint Jean de Luz 41 rooms from £100Families - Tennis courts, gardens, children's menus and plenty of activities - plus dogs are allowedEco break - An eco friendly escapeViews - Its spectacular clifftop setting ensures great views out over the AtlanticGreat walks - Walk the coastal pathway which you can pick up right in front of the hotel
Beautiful hotel with stunning vistas of the Atlantic ocean. Its contemporary rooms are light and spacious with balconies that boast views out to the sea. Have a game of tennis or amble down the coastal path to the charming town of St Jean de Luz. The perfect place for exploring the Basque coastline. See More
L'Auberge Basque Saint-Pée-sur-Nivelle, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 12 rooms from £103Active Holiday - Plenty of outdoor pursuits in the surrounding area to keep all entertained.Foodies - The Auberge boasts one Michelin star, a must stay for foodies in the area!Country Escape - Situated in a pretty rural location overlooking La Rhune Mountains.Families - Lovely family rooms with self-catering as an option.
A trendy rural abode in stunning scenery. A perfect merging of traditional design and simple Scandinavian style modernity. Rooms feature floor to ceiling windows, light wood, crisp white linens and contemporary art. Modern French Michelin starred dining. A chic country option. See More
La Devinière Saint Jean de Luz 6 rooms from £104Beach Life - A gorgeous french house on a quiet pedestrian street leading to the main beach, in the heart of the old city.Full of character - La Deviniere oozes character and is filled with period objets and antiques plus a vast library to lose yourself in!Sights nearby - Located in St Jean de Luz's old townTraditionalRecommended by - I Escape
Le Madrid Guethary 5 rooms from £108Foodies - The restaurant at the guesthouse is a central hub in this quaint seaside town and makes the hotel popular with foodiesBeach Life - Set on the seafront in the pretty town of Guéthary, this hotel is great for a relaxing seaside breakRomantic Break - With sea views and spacious, well-appointed rooms, this hotel is popular with couplesSurfing - This seaside town has great waves, making it popular with surfers; enquire at the hotel for local board hire
This historic restaurant with rooms is located in the heart of the village of Guéthary on the Basque coast. Rooms are bright and spacious, featuring mid-century furniture and vintage pelota posters; book a cosy suite for a rolltop bath with ocean views. A Biarritz classic ideal for a romatic break. See More
Les Volets Bleus Biarritz, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 5 rooms from £112Country Escape - Although close to Biarritz, Basque mountain views, fragrant gardens and laid back atmosphere ensure a rural feel.Sights nearby - Spend a day in Spain between San Sébastian and Bilbao including a visit to the Blibao GuggenheimLocal markets - Explore the traiditional french markets in local towns and villagesSurfing - Over ten surf schools in the area
A laid back rural property not far from the coast. Chic rooms are modern with hints of the rustic; exposed beams and white washed furniture. Charming gardens to enjoy a game of boules, plus an outdoor pool. Excellent value, very relaxing, and plenty of coastal activities to get involved in. See More
Arguibel Guethary 5 rooms from £113Beach Life - With swathes of golden sand just a short drive away this is a seriously chic spot for a beach holidayFoodies - The hotel is within walking distance of 2 michelin star restaurants.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Michelin Travel
Ferme Elhorga Saint-Pée-sur-Nivelle, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 5 rooms from £113Hideaway - A small charming B&B set in tranquil rural surrounds.Great walks - Find numerous walking trails starting straight from the property.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolFull of character
Hotel Les Pyrenees Saint Jean Pied de Port 18 rooms from £114Local exploring - Ideally located for getting to know this charming region of FranceFoodies - Michelin starred restaurant showcasing inventive Basque cuisine.Sights nearby - Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port itself has many attractions which you can reach by foot.Swimming Pool - Large outdoor pool
Ithurria Ainhoa 28 rooms from £117Total relaxation - A warm and welcoming hotel sItuated in tranquil countryside, with a sauna, pool, reading room and lovely gardens.Families - With some large apartments and plenty of activities for everyone to partake in, from table tennis to golf.Foodies - The food is simply stunning - the restaurant holds one Michelin starRestaurant - Michelin-starred restuarant. Elegant, traditional dishes with a modern twistRecommended by - Fodors, Michelin Travel
Charming renovated 17th century inn with Michelin-starred restaurant. A hotel with a rich heritage and an equally rich experience - delicious food, activities aplenty (tennis, swimming, golf), refreshingly simple rooms and family apartments. Foodies, families, fun in the sun. See More
Iparra Arcangues, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 4 rooms from £117Hideaway - Nestled in the quiet village of Arcangues in the Basque countryside, this hotel makes a perfect hideaway holiday destinationRomantic Break - Book the deluxe Uhina room for added romance on your couple's getaway, with a king-size bed and spa bathLocal exploring - This B&B's location makes it a great base for local exploring, with Biarritz and Bayonne close bySurfing - Catch the excellent waves on nearby Illbaritz Beach, a surfer's haven; enquire with the B&B about local board hireRecommended by -
This charming B&B is situated in the village of Arcangues in the Basque Country. Rooms are inspired by Basque tradition, incorporating traditional linens and local artwork; book the Uhina room for a hot tub-style spa bath. Wake up to an al fresco breakfast on the garden terrace; a delightful hotel. See More
Villa la Renaissance Bayonne 10 rooms from £118Local exploring - Just a 15 minute walk into the historic town of Bayonne. Well positioned to explore the Basque country.Families - Family friendly rooms which can sleep up to four.Sights nearby - Visit the d Château Vieux castle in Bayonne.Traditional
Château de Clair de Lune Biarritz 17 rooms from £121Private villas - There is a separate hunting lodge and a separate villa on the estateFamilies - Lots of space for children to roamCountry Escape - In a beautiful estateRestaurant - The restaurant comes highly recommendedRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Set in a large leafy estate stands a chateau, a hunting lodge and a villa - an ideal spot for foodies, families or groups touring the Basque country. A wonderful restaurant, beautiful period-inspired interiors and lovely garden. A really magnificent place to explore Biarritz. See More
Villa L'Arche Guethary (Bidart) 8 rooms from £130Beach Life - You can hear the sea from rooms and coastal walks are just a stone's throw away. Unwind in the seaside-chic atmosphereSurfing - In nearby Biarritz, there are many surf schools for all abilitiesOn the beach - There's a path from the garden directly on to a soft sandy beachSights nearby - Close to the Spanish border, for the Bilbao GuggenhiemRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Etchebri (Forêt de Chiberta), Pyrénées-Atlantiques 5 rooms from £130Families - A family friendly property surrounded by a variety of activities to suit everyone.Surfing - Find perfect surf conditions at the nearby beaches.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Sawdays
A small chic B&B ideally positioned in a secluded spot near the Basque Country coast. Rooms are light and bright with crisp white linen, floor to ceiling windows and pale wooden floors. An enormous pool sits out front, there's surfing and golf nearby as well as bikes to hire. See More
Villa Navarre Pau 30 rooms from £140Romantic Break - The romantic suites boast lavish bathrooms and access to the sauna and hot tub, as well as gourmet food and stunning views.Sights nearby - Anyone with an interest in architecture and history should visit Beaumont Palace, less than a mile away.Great walks - The property sits on two hectars of lovely walks through the surrounding parkland.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel de Silhouette Biarritz 20 rooms from £143City Style - A smart hotel in the lively Quartier des HallesBeach Life - Just 300m from the beachRestaurant - Serving breakfast and lunch - traditional, seasonal cuisineLocal markets - Daily market just a few steps awayRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Ostapé Bidarray, Pyrénées-Atlantiques 22 rooms from £174Country Escape - The rooms are spread throughout both the main house and other properties, all with gorgeous viewsViews - View across the Nive valley from a 45 hectare estate.Outstanding location - In the rolling foothills of the Pyrenees.Cooking classes - Join one of the cookery classes and take home some Basque recipes of your own!Recommended by - I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel, Fodors
A Pyrenean lodge nestled in the hills with sweeping views over the valley. Giant suites with white washed walls and exposed beams. Swimming pool, spa, and fantastic Basque cuisine. A back to nature experience with comforts designed for romancers, foodies, and even families. See More
Le Beaumanoir Biarritz 8 rooms from £201Honeymoons - 5* luxury awaits in this French hideaway; beaches a short walk away, beautiful pool, French cuisine and romantic roomsCooking classes - Many schools in Biarritz: Uhart Shop, La Table d'Aranda and Phillipe RestaurantGreat walks - Climb the 248 steps of the Lighthouse!Surfing - Over 10 surf schools in the areaRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Hotel Du Palais Biarritz 154 rooms from £286Families - Family rooms and plenty of space for little ones to explore plus a lovely spa for adultsBeach Life - Just steps from Biarritz’s beach.Sights nearby - Just half an hour from the hotel is the fairytale like Abbadia Castle.Fishing - Sea fishing in the Bay of Biscay.
A grand hotel overlooking the Bay of Biscay. Opulent interiors throughout with chandeliers and heavy draped curtains and frescoes. The rooms are standardly large and impressive. An indulgent spa and indoor and outdoor pool. Steps from the beach. Multiple fine-dining restaurants. A spoiling stay. See More