Search the best hotels in Rodez
Well-connected to Toulouse by rail, Rodez has emerged as a food and art hub in recent years, in large part due to the opening of the fantastic Musée Pierre Soulages. The city has historic landmarks aplenty, as well as offering easy access to the lovely Aveyron countryside. Accommodation options range from modern B&Bs to elegant restored châteaux, fit for an array of tastes and budgets. Whether you’re travelling as a couple or with family and friends, the best places to stay in Rodez promise something very special.
Home to around 25,000 people, Rodez is a vibrant community with excellent cafés, bars, restaurants, galleries and boutiques. The Notre-Dame Cathedral has long dominated the town centre, and views from its beautifully carved stone bell tower are spectacular. The newer buzz, however, is around the ultra-modern Musée Soulages, which houses the work of one of France’s most eminent artists — it’s an absolute must-see. The nearby Carthusian Monastery, home to the Haras National, and the Musée Fenaille’s collection of statues-menhirs are also excellent.
Savour delicious local cheese and red wines from nearby Marcillac at Rodez’s top bars, or stock up on mouth-watering produce at one of three weekly farmers’ markets. Do be aware that the best places to stay in Rodez fill up fast during the annual festival season!
The Best Places to Stay in Rodez
For a Smart B&B
- La Ferme de Bourran is a smart, seven-bedroom B&B close to Rodez. Pick this place for the contemporary interiors and the wealth of activities, including table tennis, board games and badminton. Well-suited to couples, families and business travellers. Also a good venue for private events.
For a Charming Château
- Le Château de Labro, just a few minutes north of Rodez, is a beautiful 17th-century property with romantic rooms, suites and a treehouse. The enormous swimming pool, sumptuous spa and gastronomic restaurant complete the picture. A blissful rural escape, within easy reach of hiking and cycling opportunities.
- Le Château de Canac is a stunning, family-owned residence with just three guestrooms. Built in the 15th and 16th Centuries and set within impressive parkland, the château is just on the edge of Rodez. Expect elegant bedrooms adorned with chandeliers and historic portraits, generous breakfasts and three-course table d'hôtes dinners. An intimate gem.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Rodez-Aveyron Airport, just 15 minutes from town by bus or car. Alternatively, travel by train from Toulouse in less than three hours, or from Paris.
- Aveyron is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Visit between May and September for temperatures ranging from 20°C - 26°C, although peak summer - during the school holidays - can be very busy. For fewer crowds and great hotel deals, travel in early May or late September.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Aveyron.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in France.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Rodez
Best Hotels in Rodez
La Ferme de Bourran Rodez, Aveyron 7 rooms from £95Sights nearby - Aveyron’s nicest villages Belcastel, Conques, Sauveterre de Rouergue.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
A Four Star manor house in the town centre of Rodez. Plenty of on site activities perfect for families; table tennis, board games, badminton. Contemporary chic rooms with lots of natural light, all the mod cons, and gourmet room service. Large garden, terrace, and pretty villages to discover. See More
Chateau de Labro Rodez 15 rooms from £96Romantic Break - Stunning surroundings and grand architecture.Wine tasting - The chateau has its own working vineyard.Views - Lovely valley views.Restaurant - The restaurant specialises in French cuisine and serves dinner only.Recommended by - Sawdays, Michelin Travel
Chateau de Canac Rodez (12850 Onet-le-Château) 3 rooms from £148Local exploring - Located at the gateway of Rodez, Château de Canac is a perfect place to visit the Aveyron region and its many sightsSights nearby - The Viaduct of Millau, the highest viaduct in the world, is worth checking out; in Rodez, visit Notre Dame CathedralGreat walks - There are many hiking trails in the nearby forests and in the Marcillac vineyardsRestrictions on childrenRecommended by - Sawdays
A lovely chateau set in the medieval town of Rodez with pretty grounds and grand interiors featuring mahogany panelling and opulent fireplaces. Rooms are furnished in a period style with antiques, elaborate bedsteads, claw-foot baths and wonderful views. A characterful spot for a rural break. See More