Search the best hotels in St Rémy-de-Provence
About St Rémy-de-Provence
Amongst the most beautiful towns in Provence, St-Rémy-de-Provence sits at the foot of the Massif des Alpilles Natural Park, within striking distance of the Mediterranean. A magical community rich in history, it’s a wonderful destination for a trip with family and friends, or as a couple. Accommodation options are wide-ranging, with most of the best places to stay in St-Rémy-de-Provence boasting both heritage charm and delicious Provençal fare.
Stroll the historic streets of the old village to admire lovely stone buildings, and to pop into the Musée des Alpilles or the lively Wednesday morning market. Van Gogh lived in St-Rémy for a time, and the Van Gogh Walk takes in views which inspired his paintings, whilst the Musée Estrine and the Monastery of St. Paul de Mausole — where he lived from 1889-90 — detail his life. Provence has long attracted artists and creatives, and you’ll find excellent galleries and exhibitions in town. For a foray deeper into the past, look to the Site Archeologique de Glanum and Les Antiques. Other highlights include the Chapelle Saint-Sixte d'Eygalières and the gorgeous nearby village of Les Baux-de-Provence.
Active explorers can follow hiking, cycling and horse riding trails in the Massif des Alpilles Natural Park, go kayaking or swimming in cool rivers, or enjoy tours and tastings at world-class wineries. All followed by some well earned relaxation; kick back poolside or experience rejuvenating spa treatments at the best places to stay in St-Rémy-de-Provence!
The Best Places to Stay in St-Rémy-de-Provence
For an Intimate B&B
- L'Hotel Sous les Figuiers is a charming B&B with 14 enchanting bedrooms in the heart of town. Feast on breakfasts of homemade bread, fruit, jams and fresh juice, while away the afternoon under the shade of the fig trees by the pool, or take a painting class in the artists' studio. For relaxed creatives.
- La Maison du Village offers just five rooms in a beautiful restored townhouse. Dating back to the 1750s, the house has cream and white interiors, wooden-beamed ceilings and pretty chandeliers. Understated and magical, with fresh breakfasts served in the courtyard garden and lovely jazz evenings.
- Hôtel de Tourrel is a another converted townhouse, this time with seven sophisticated rooms. Chic styling and adults only, the spot has an elegant restaurant specialising in Provençal cuisine, an outdoor courtyard pool and an impressive wine cellar. For romantic foodies.
- Hôtel Gounod is a recently refurbished historic house with 34 elegant, romantic guestrooms. Expect parquet floors, antique furnishings and a gorgeous courtyard with a swimming pool. Central and perfect for on-foot explorers. Book a room with views over the Collegiate Church of Saint Martin if you can!
For Family-Friendly Luxury
- Hôtel de L’Image is a glamorous spot set within two hectares of leafy gardens. Themed around film and design, the hotel has hip interiors with bold pops of colour. Extra beds for children can be added to many of the 32 rooms and suites, there's a huge swimming pool and a great Mediterranean restaurant. Guests can hop aboard the free shuttle to the Valrugues Spa.
- Hôtel le Vallon de Valrugues & Spa offers 50 indulgent rooms, suites and villas, just 800 metres from St-Rémy. Other highlights include the sumptuous 600 sq.m spa, with indoor and outdoor pools and a gym. There's also an excellent kids club, as well as multiple bars and restaurants. Fabulous.
- Le Château des Alpilles is a gorgeous, family-run 19th-century manor set in landscaped parkland to the west of St-Rémy. Immaculate guestrooms fuse period charm with modern comforts, whilst facilities include a tennis court, outdoor pool, gym, massage area, electric bike hire and pétanque court. With two gourmet restaurants and a bar, you won't want to leave! For couples and families.
For Great Value
- Hôtel du Soleil has 27 light, airy rooms tucked in a quiet corner of St-Rémy. There's a lovely pool, spa treatments and meeting facilities. An affordable choice for couples or friends, with a friendly, low-key feel. Children are welcome but there's no option to add cots or additional beds, so this is a better option for families with older kids.
- Le Mas des Carrassins is a farmhouse-turned-B&B, surrounded by lavender and lemon trees; situated on the outskirts of town, it feels appealingly rural and green. Spacious rooms — some with mezzanines — offer extra beds for little ones, and there's a great swimming pool, as well as an equestrian centre just around the corner. Laid-back and great value.
FOR A HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Avignon-Caumont Airport, or to the larger hubs of Nîmes-Garcons Airport and Marseille-Provence Airport. Travel onwards to St-Rémy by taxi, bus or train. Alternatively, take the TGV from Paris to Avignon, and journey 30 minutes by bus or car from there.
- Provence is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- With an average of 300 days of sunshine a year, Provence is blessed with a near-Mediterranean climate. Expect hot summers — with temperatures of 26-30°C — and mild winters. Summer visitors can marvel at the famous Provençal lavender, whilst springtime travellers will find mild, sunny weather suitable for active explorations. The Mistral wind blows through the Rhone Valley, keeping the air cool and rain showers short.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Avignon.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Provence.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in St Rémy-de-Provence
Best Hotels in St Rémy-de-Provence
Hotel Du Soleil St Rémy-de-Provence 27 rooms from £77Local exploring - Saint-Rémy-de-Provence is classic Provence (so pretty Van Gogh often painted it) there's plenty to do from markets to galleriesHideaway - Spend lazy days at the lovely garden pool or head out to explore the rich culture and history of ProvenceSpa breaks - The deluxe spa focuses on multi-temperature water sequences, chromatherapy and aromatherapyMuseums - Visit the magnificent Papal Palace of Avignon, twelve miles from the hotel
A charming hotel tucked away in a quiet area of St-Remy-de-Provence. The rooms carry an understated elegance with simple colour schemes and tasteful furniture. Relax by the pool or for real indulgence, try some of the spa treatments on offer. A great value and relaxing base to explore from. See More
L'Hôtel Sous les Figuiers St Rémy-de-Provence 14 rooms from £111Total relaxation - Purposfully no televisions, this hotel aims to 'free the mind', so listen to birdsong in the ancient gardens instead!Local exploring - Set 200m from the centre of Saint Rémy de Provence, its famous market and many restaurants are easily accessibleOther Activities - Lounge by the pool or wander the ancient landscaped gardens, boasting fig trees that are 100 years oldArt Classes - The hotel holds workshops and art classes every Wednesday at its on site studio
Small and charming B&B boasting unique design, mixes contemporary and traditional styles with particular emphasis on art. Tranquil terraces to curl up with a book, a swimming pool, artist studio and massages - this is a place designed to relax body and mind. In a great position to explore the area. See More
Le Mas des Carassins Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, Provence 22 rooms from £134Country Escape - Surrounded by lush gardens of oleanders, lavender and lemon, beautiful rolling countryside leading up to the Alpilles mountainsRomantic Break - Country chic rooms, lavish meals with plenty of delicious wine all add up for a truly romantic experienceLocal exploring - A wonderfully convienent spot for exploring 'the golden triangle' of Nimes, Aix and AvignonCycling - Rent a hotel bike and head into the town or explore the undulating courtyside
A traditional stone farmhouse surrounded by lavender bushes and lemon trees in Saint-Remy-de-Provence. Beautiful bedrooms and suites feature exposed stone walls and rich fabrics while some have private terraces. Complete with pretty gardens and a large pool, this is a charming rural spot. See More
Hotel Le Vallon de Valrugues & Spa St Rémy-de-Provence (Saint-Rémy-de-Provence) 48 rooms from £141Foodies - The restaurant uses seasonal local produce to offer Provençal menus created by the Michelin starred chef Thibaut Serin MoulinTotal relaxation - The Maison d'Ennea spa features an indoor pool, a hot tub, a sauna and offers light therapyActive Holiday - Swim in the indoor or outdoor pools, workout in the gym or go hiking and cycling nearbySights nearby - Take the shuttle bus to explore the beautiful town of Saint-Rémy-de-ProvenceRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This luxury hotel is located just a few hundred yards outside Saint-Rémy-de-Provence. The elegantly decorated rooms offer excellent views and the gourmet restaurant serves stunning local dishes. With indoor and outdoor pools, a gym and an extensive spa it's truly an upmarket getaway. See More
Hotel Gounod St Rémy-de-Provence 34 rooms from £141Historic - A 18th century coaching inn that Charles Gounod, the author of the Ave Maria, stayed and composed the opera Mireille in 1863Active Holiday - For cyclists and hikers, the Alpilles mountain range which covers more than 50,000 hectares, offers the perfect landscapeLocal exploring - Set in historic Saint-Rémy de Provence with other major attractions such as Avignon nearbyViews - The best of the rooms have unobstructed view of the Collegiate Church of Saint Martin
A stunning historic house that's recently undergone a sympathetic renovation. Elegant, romantic, bedrooms feature bold wallpaper, parquet floors and antique furniture. A gorgeous courtyard swimming pool is ideal for unwinding beside. Plenty of activities in the surrounding area. Simply divine. See More
Hotel de L'Image St Rémy-de-Provence 32 rooms from £156Foodies - The restaurant serves Japanese/French cuisine which feels modern and unique in contrast with other mostly regional eateriesLocal exploring - Set within St. Rémy de Provence, just moments from the landscapes that inspirred Van GoghHotel Entertainment - As the property was once a cinema, there are frequent screenings of old classic moviesContemporary - Expect rustic country minimalism with lots of blonde wood and glasswork — very chicRecommended by - Tablet
A glamourous hotel in Saint-Remy with beautiful interiors and stunning garden areas. Contemporary chic rooms and suites have boutique furnishings, white washed walls, private balconies and all the mod cons. Top of the range spa, enormous pool, and fantastic Mediterranean cuisine. See More
La Maison du Village St Rémy-de-Provence 5 rooms from £182Local exploring - St Remy is accessible by foot while Avignon, Arles, Uzès and the Luberon are easily accessible from here tooHistoric - A 1750s townhouse set in the heart of the old town offering a real sense of placeRomantic Break - Rooms are elegant and romantic with traditional furniture and clawfoot bathtubsLocal markets - The Wednesday market is a local favourite and sprawls across the entire townRecommended by - I Escape
Charming guesthouse in Saint-Remy-de-Provence. Elegant bedrooms are decorated in pastels with wooden-beamed ceilings and some boasting huge stand-alone bathtubs. There's a delightful courtyard and garden where breakfasts are served. An understated and charming base to explore from. See More
Le Chateau des Alpilles Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, Provence 21 rooms from £208Families - The Cypress farm has been renovated into an apartment and a loft, ideal for families, couples or groups of friendsGarden - Beautiful parklands covering four hectares — stroll through the Magnolia and Biloba treesFoodies - There are two very good gourmet restaurants showcasing Mediterranean and Provencal flavoursHoneymoons - The Chape is a romantic hideaway with two rooms — perfect for honeymoonersRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A truly magnificent hotel set in parklands. Choose from three buildings: the Manor, the Cypress Farm, and the Chapel. All are immaculately decorated in muted tones with sophisticated furnishings and private terraces. There are pools and two gourmet restaurants. Romantic but family-friendly. See More
Hotel de Tourrel St Rémy-de-Provence 7 rooms from £217Hideaway - Hidden behind an unassuming facade filled with alluring Provencial style.Great walks - Take a short drive to the Camargue Nature Park for stunning walks.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Restrictions on children - Adult only.
A converted town house with some some seriously sophisticated style. Large, arched sash windows fill rooms with light, rooms with exposed stonework and white washed walls. An elegant restaurant serves up exemplary Provençal dishes. Walking distance to the charming town's sights. Very chic. See More