- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in St Rémy-de-Provence
About St Rémy-de-Provence
St Rémy-de-Provence is situated just north of the Cote d’Azur (about 20km South of Avignon) in the so called "golden triangle" of Nîmes, Aix-en-Provence and Avignon. It’s rich with culture and natural beauty and the best places to stay in St Rémy-de-Provence are ideal for exploring this wonderful region as well as the town.
Lying in the heart of Provence, St Rémy-de-Provence is within easy striking distance of the Mediterranean and it lies at the foot of the Massif des Alpilles Natural Park. It is a magical setting, steeped in history and romance – it also enjoys a typically Mediterranean climate: winter; mild and dry, summer; hot and dry.
Van Gogh was famously based at Arles towards the end of his life, and from here he escaped to St. Remy for a year, interning himself at the Asylum of Saint Paul Mausol. St. Remy has become almost synonymous with the troubled artist - he painted some 150 canvases inspired by the landscapes here.
Other famous inhabitants include Michel de Notradame (Nostradamus) who was born in the city, and Princess Caroline of Monaco who lived in St. Remy for many years while her children were growing up.
What not to Miss
- St Remy's artistic roots can still be seen today; there are a multitude of arts and crafts both to look at and to buy, from glass blowing to sculptors to interior designers.
- There is plenty to interest history buffs too: fantastic Roman remains can be seen at the Glanum and Antiques sites.
- There is a thriving cafe society and the streets are chock full of luxury foodie stores and restaurants, not to mention the must-go-to weekly market.
So make sure you consider your days and dates when choosing the best places to stay in St Rémy-de-Provence. Also don't forget that it will be packed during the peak summer months, so either book well ahead, or come in the quieter shoulder season when the crowds have gone, but the weather is still fine.
- The Hotel de Tourrel is a converted townhouse with seven sophisticated rooms, an elegant restaurant serving exemplary Provençal dishes and an outdoor pool. It’s chic and adults-only, and walking distance from all the town’s major sights.
- The gracious Château des Alpilles is a former gentleman’s residence. It has centuries of interesting history. Restored in 1979, it is a family run business set in elegant parkland with an outside pool and two gourmet restaurants.
For a central location
- For a great location, one of the best places to stay in St Remy de Provence has to be the Maison du Village. Decorated in 18th century style, it has understated charm and is popular for its jazz evenings.
- The Hotel Gounod is a recently refurbished historic house with 34 elegant, romantic rooms. The parquet floors and antiques have stayed, as has the gorgeous courtyard, however there’s now a pool too.
- The Hotel de l’Image is a glamorous spot with beautiful interiors and a stunning garden. There are 32 contemporary chic rooms and suites - all with boutique-style furnishings, plus private balconies and white-washed walls. There’s also a top of the range spa and an excellent Mediterranean restaurant.
- The Hotel le Vallon de Valrugues & Spa is a luxurious hotel with elegant decor and excellent views. There are 48 rooms and suites, plus both indoor and outdoor pools, a gym and an extensive spa.
- L'Hotel Sous les Figuiers is a charming B&B in the heart of the town. As well as being great value, it is also great for arty types. Here you'll find an artists workshop and you can even sign up for painting classes.
- Le Mas de l’Amarine is an adults-only guesthouse with five sleek rooms and lots of natural light. There’s an outdoor pool amid sunny terraces and a comfortable lounge area. Country chic in the beautiful French countryside.
For Great Value
- The Hotel du Soleil is a charming, 27 room hotel tucked away in a corner of St Rémy-de-Provence. This property is elegant and simple, plus there’s a lovely pool and spa treatments on offer. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
- Le Mas des Carrassins is a farmhouse turned B&B, surrounded by lavender and lemon trees. It may be on the outskirts of St Remy, but the feel is positively rural. And with prices from only £79 B&B, it offers excellent value.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- St Rémy-de-Provence is served by Avignon-Caumont Airport, which is a small airport with intermittent links London City and other UK destinations, by Nîmes-Arles-Camargue Airport, and by the much larger Marseille-Provence Airport, which has a lot more international connections.
- The closest SNCF train stations are in Avignon, 20kms away, Arles, 25kms away, and Nîmes 50kms away. From all of these stations you can get a connecting train to St Rémy-de-Provence.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying in St Rémy-de-Provence and want to see more of Provence - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Provence has 300 sunny days a year, so the best places to stay in St Rémy-de-Provence enjoy a climate which borders on 'Mediterranean', with hot summers and mild winters. It’s in the path of the famous mistral wind, which blows through the Rhone Valley on its way to the Mediterranean, keeping it clear and sunny in spring and winter. If you don’t mind the heat and the influx of Parisians and other visitors the best time to visit is during the summer - the lavender is in bloom and this is how this region is supposed to be seen. By October the rains have come, which are beautiful too in their own way. Spring is perfect if you prefer milder, sunny weather and fewer other visitors.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in St Rémy-de-Provence for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Provence!
- or just the best places to stay in Arles,
- or the best places to stay in Nîmes,
- the best places to stay in Aix-en-Provence,
- or the best places to stay in Avignon?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in St Rémy-de-Provence
Le Cadran Solaire 12 rooms from £75St Rémy-de-Provence
A beautiful guesthouse situated just outside St Remy. The bedrooms are the perfect blend of tradition and comfort. The garden boasts beautiful old trees, flowers and a picture-perfect terrace from which to enjoy breakfast. A serene location from which to explore this stunning region of France.Sights nearby - Saint-Rémy de Provence in only 8km away and les Baux de Provence is only 12km away.Birdwatching - A wide variety of different bird species live in the Montagnette Hills.Great walks - Great walking trails in the Montagnette HillsLocal markets - Visit the Famer's Market in Graveson
Le Mas des Carassins 22 rooms from £87Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, Provence
Charming stone farmhouse surrounded by lavender bushes and lemon trees in Saint Remy de Provence. Beautiful bedrooms and suites with exposed stone walls and rich fabrics, some with private terraces. A very countryphile spot to relax in.Country Escape - Surrounded by lush gardens of oleanders, lavender and lemon, beautiful rolling countryside leading up to the Alpilles mountains.Swimming Pool - Outdoor Pool in lovely gardensGarden - Attractive outside space.Local markets - Every Wednesday enjoy the hustle and bustle of the Saint-Rémy-de-Provence market.Recommended by - Sawdays
La Maison du Village 5 rooms from £149St Rémy-de-Provence
Charming guesthouse in Saint-Remy-de-Provence. Spacious bedrooms in pastels with wooden-beamed ceilings, some with huge stand-alone bath tubs. Delightful courtyard and garden for breakfast. Understated charm.Sights nearby - Explore the many historic villages and towns which date back to Roman timesLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Le Vallon de Valrugues & Spa 48 rooms from £211St Rémy-de-Provence (Saint-Rémy-de-Provence)
This luxury hotel is located just a few hundred yards outside Saint-Rémy-de-Provence. The elegantly decorated rooms offer excellent views and the gourmet restaurant serves stunning local dishes. With indoor and outdoor pools, a gym and an extensive spa it's truly an upmarket getaway.Foodies - The restaurant uses seasonal local produce to offer Provençal menus created by the Michelin starred chef Thibaut Serin MoulinTotal relaxation - The Maison d'Ennea spa features an indoor pool, a hot tub, a sauna and offers light therapyActive Holiday - Swim in the indoor or outdoor pools, workout in the gym or go hiking and cycling nearbySights nearby - Take the shuttle bus to explore the beautiful town of Saint-Rémy-de-ProvenceRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Hotel Du Soleil 27 rooms from £66St Rémy-de-Provence
Hotel Du Soleil is a charming hotel tucked away in a corner of St Remy de Provence. The rooms carry an understated elegance with simple colour schemes and tasteful furniture. Relax by the pool or for real indulgence, try some of the spa treatments on offer. Outstandingly good value.Hideaway - Spend lazy days at the lovely garden pool, or head out to explore the rich culture and history of Provence.Spa breaks - The deluxe spa focuses on multi-temperature water sequences, chromatherapy and aromatherapy.Local markets - Be sure to check out the bustling local markets of St Remy de Provence.Sights nearby - Visit the stunning nearby village of Les Baux de Provence.
L'Hôtel Sous les Figuiers 14 rooms from £87St Rémy-de-Provence
Small and charming B&B boasting unique design, mixes contemporary and traditional styles with particular emphasis on art. Tranquil terraces to curl up with a book, a swimming pool, artist studio and massages - this is a place designed to relax body and mind. In a great position to explore the area.Total relaxation - Purposfully no televisions, this hotel aims to 'free the mind', so listen to birdsong in the ancient gardens instead!Great walks - Explore the rugged landscapes of the Parc Naturel Regional des Alpines.Sights nearby - Just two km from Glanum, a stunning ruined Greco-Roman city.Full of character
Hotel Gounod 34 rooms from £132St Rémy-de-Provence
A stunning historic house that's recently undergone a sympathetic renovation. Elegant, romantic, bedrooms feature bold wallpaper, parquet floors and antique furniture. A gorgeous courtyard swimming pool is ideal for unwinding beside. Plenty of activities in the surrounding area. Simply divine.Local exploring - Situated in a historical village and within striking distance of many of Provence's attractions.Sights nearby - Just 10km from les Baux de Provence with its striking Castle.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Full of character
Le Chateau des Alpilles 21 rooms from £280Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, Provence
A truly magnificent hotel set in parklands of magnolia trees. Three buildings, the Manor, the Cyrpress Farm, and the Chapel, to choose from. All immaculately decorated in muted tones with sophisticated furnishings and private terraces. Pools and two gourmet restaurants. Romantic, family friendly.Families - The Cyrpess farm has been renovated into an apartment and a loft, ideal for families, couples or groups of friends.Garden - Beautiful parklands covering four hectares to stroll through the Magnolia and Biloba trees.Honeymoons - The chapel has two rooms perfect for honeymooners.Foodies - Two gourmet restaurants.
Hotel de L'Image 32 rooms from £126St Rémy-de-Provence
A glamourous hotel in Saint-Remy with beautiful interiors and stunning garden areas. Contemporary chic rooms and suites have boutique furnishings, white washed walls, private balconies and all the mod cons. Top of the range spa, enormous pool, and fantastic Mediterranean cuisine.Spa breaks - Top of the range Spa La Maison.LuxuryRomantic BreakSights nearby - Collegiale Saint-Martin and St-Paul-de-Mausole.
Le Mas de L'Amarine 5 rooms from £167St Rémy-de-Provence
A contemporary guest house for adults only. Rooms are sleek, modern and elegant with lots of natural light. The hotel has an outdoor pool with covered terrace and lounge area. A chic country house, ideal for relaxing in the beautiful French countryside.Sights nearby - Centre d'art presence Vincent Van GoghLocal markets - Visit the nearby daily French marketGreat walks - Walk the Van Gogh trailRestrictions on children - No Children
Hotel de Tourrel 7 rooms from £219St Rémy-de-Provence
A converted town house with some some seriously sophisticated style. Large, arched sash windows fill rooms with light, rooms with exposed stonework and white washed walls. An elegant restaurant serves up exemplary Provençal dishes. Walking distance to the charming town's sights. Very chic.Hideaway - Hidden behind an unassuming facade filled with alluring Provencial style.Great walks - Take a short drive to the Camargue Nature Park for stunning walks.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Restrictions on children - Adult only.