Search the best hotels in Troyes
The centre of Troyes is shaped like a champagne cork, symbolising its former status as capital of the Champagne region.The buildings, streets and museums testify to an impressive past. The best places to stay in Troyes are perfect bases for exploring, enabling the visitor to enjoy the town's rich tradition and all the modern attractions that are on offer. The town is also near a National Park.
In Roman times Troyes sat at the hub of various highways, in particular the Via Agrippa. The town became the capital of Champagne in the 9th century and remained so until the French Revolution. It was a great centre of trade during the middle ages and lent its name to the ‘Troy’ measure of weight.
For foodies the Saint Jean quarter is full of gastronomical treats. The town is also famed for fine wines - Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and, naturally, Champagne. Many grand vineyards are scattered about the surrounding area.
Not To Miss
- The town is known as ‘the town of ten churches’. The Cathedral of Saint Peter and Saint Paul is one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in France. With 180 stained glass windows dating from the 13th to the 18th centuries this simply must be seen!
- The Hotel de Mauray museum features an interesting history of manual labour and the apothecary of the Hotel Dien le Comte offers a fascinating journey into medicines past.
- You can also enjoy the annual Foires de Champagne (in June) and Nuits de Champagne (in October) festivals of music and entertainment. But if you plan to visit at these times plan ahead, the best places to stay in Troyes get booked up well in advance.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Troyes are two sister properties, both catering at the upper end of the market, with another delightful option located just outside town.
For The Centre
- La Maison de Rhodes is a dreamy luxury hotel located in the heart of the medieval city and once was the base for the Knights of the order of Malta – hence the name. All wooden beams and paved floors, the courtyard leads to an ancient garden overlooking the cathedral. A pool in the ‘priests garden’ plus Rene Hachez’s superb gourmet restaurant complete the picture.
- Le Champ des Oiseaux consists of a maze of timber-framed buildings where ‘the houses lean drunkenly over the streets’. It has been described as a ‘magical place of rare intimacy and elegant simplicity’. The impressive Winter Salon sits on top of a former chapel and the restaurant boasts the finest local cuisine.
Just Outside Town
- The intimate, 5-room Domaine De La Creuse is a charming B&B set in tranquil gardens. Featuring stylish, rustic-chic rooms with exposed beams. Set yourself up for the day by tucking into the large continental breakfast.
For An Apartment Or Holiday Home
If you would rather have a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Weather-wise, the best time for visiting Troyes is July and August - when the average daily temperature rises to 19°C. .
- Visitors can fly into Paris CDG Airport or Orly Airport. From the airport, take the train to Gare de L'Est before then continuing on for a couple of hours to Troyes.
- For car hire prices we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Troyes.
- Alternatively, widen your search and check out all our properties in Champagne.
- Or contact one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Troyes
Best Hotels in Troyes
La Maison M Troyes (Champagne) 5 rooms from £104Families - With family suites available, and lots of activities locally that are child-friendly, this is a good option for familiesRomantic Break - The idyllic Champagne region is great for a romantic break, and this cosy hotel is a favourite with couplesCity Style - Set in the pretty, historic town of Troyes, this is the perfect base for a city breakGreat walks - Explore the city on foot with a guided tour; the hotel are happy to arrange this for youRecommended by - Sawdays
A charming B&B housed in a lovingly restored 19th-century building. Located in the historic city of Troyes, the guesthouse offers comfortable, bright rooms, with a mix of classic and contemporary interior design. Have breakfast in the stately dining room before you head out; a stylish city hotel. See More
Domaine de la Creuse Champagne 5 rooms from £111Sights nearby - The Forêt d'Orient Regional Park is a 20-minute drive awayFour poster beds - For romantics.Traditional
La Maison de Rhodes Troyes, Champagne 11 rooms from £149Swimming Pool - Small outdoor PoolRestaurant - Recommended.Local markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Sawdays
Le Champ des Oiseaux Troyes, Champagne 9 rooms from £164Local markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Sawdays
Le Jardin de la Cathedrale Troyes (Champagne) 5 rooms from £174Local exploring - Located in the centre of the quaint town of Troyes, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in the Champagne regionRomantic Break - The heritage property that the B&B is housed in and its idyllic gardens make this a perfect setting for a romantic breakHideaway - Hunker down for a hideaway holiday in this pretty B&B, nestled behind a private garden in the French town of TroyesGreat walks - Wander the streets of the historic old town in Troyes and discover cobbled streets, picturesque cafés and local shopsRecommended by - Sawdays
This charming B&B is housed in an 18th-century residence in Champagne. The individually styled rooms are bright and homely with a blend of contemporary and vintage furnishings; the best suite boasts excellent views of the neighbouring Gothic cathedral. Unwind in the pretty hotel gardens; a cosy B&B. See More