- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Troyes
The centre of Troyes is shaped like a champagne cork, symbolising its former status as capital of the Champagne region.The buildings, streets and museums testify to an impressive past. The best places to stay in Troyes are perfect bases for exploring, enabling the visitor to enjoy the town's rich tradition and all the modern attractions that are on offer. The town is also near a National Park.
In Roman times Troyes sat at the hub of various highways, in particular the Via Agrippa. The town became the capital of Champagne in the 9th century and remained so until the French Revolution. It was a great centre of trade during the middle ages and lent its name to the ‘Troy’ measure of weight.
For foodies the Saint Jean quarter is full of gastronomical treats. The town is also famed for fine wines - Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and, naturally, Champagne. Many grand vineyards are scattered about the surrounding area.
Not To Miss
- The town is known as ‘the town of ten churches’. The Cathedral of Saint Peter and Saint Paul is one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in France. With 180 stained glass windows dating from the 13th to the 18th centuries this simply must be seen!
- The Hotel de Mauray museum features an interesting history of manual labour and the apothecary of the Hotel Dien le Comte offers a fascinating journey into medicines past.
- You can also enjoy the annual Foires de Champagne (in June) and Nuits de Champagne (in October) festivals of music and entertainment. But if you plan to visit at these times plan ahead, the best places to stay in Troyes get booked up well in advance.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Troyes are two sister properties, both catering at the upper end of the market, with another delightful option located just outside town.
For The Centre
- La Maison de Rhodes is a dreamy luxury hotel located in the heart of the medieval city and once was the base for the Knights of the order of Malta – hence the name. All wooden beams and paved floors, the courtyard leads to an ancient garden overlooking the cathedral. A pool in the ‘priests garden’ plus Rene Hachez’s superb gourmet restaurant complete the picture.
- Le Champ des Oiseaux consists of a maze of timber-framed buildings where ‘the houses lean drunkenly over the streets’. It has been described as a ‘magical place of rare intimacy and elegant simplicity’. The impressive Winter Salon sits on top of a former chapel and the restaurant boasts the finest local cuisine.
Just Outside Town
- The intimate, 5-room Domaine De La Creuse is a charming B&B set in tranquil gardens. Featuring stylish, rustic-chic rooms with exposed beams. Set yourself up for the day by tucking into the large continental breakfast.
For An Apartment Or Holiday Home
If you would rather have a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Weather-wise, the best time for visiting Troyes is July and August - when the average daily temperature rises to 19°C. .
- Visitors can fly into Paris CDG Airport or Orly Airport. From the airport, take the train to Gare de L'Est before then continuing on for a couple of hours to Troyes.
- For car hire prices we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Troyes
Le Champ des Oiseaux 9 rooms from £166Troyes, Champagne
A beautiful 15th century medieval renovation in central Troyes. Stone and timber facade, leafy courtyard, light and airy interiors. Its gourmet restaurant is even more reason to stay here.TraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Sawdays
La Maison de Rhodes 11 rooms from £151Troyes, Champagne
A fabulous timber townhouse renovation, previously owned by the Knights of Malta. Sleek contemporary bedrooms and suites retain elements of the old for aesthetic effect. Wonderful organic restaurant and swimming pool in one of the gardens. A sophisticated hotel.Swimming Pool - Small outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Sawdays
Domaine de la Creuse 5 rooms from £101Champagne
A charming, beam-clad bed and breakfast with a large, tranquil garden. Bedrooms are very comfortable and stylishly decorated in pretty, neutral tones. Enjoy a delicious fresh continental breakfast and then explore the historic city of Troyes and the Champagne region.Sights nearby - The Forêt d'Orient Regional Park is a 20-minute drive awayFour poster beds - For romantics.Traditional