- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Uzerche
Uzerche, a picturesque town of around 3,000 people, lies in the Nouvelle Aquitaine region of West Central France, and it was described by an English writer in 1787 as ‘the pearl of the Limousin’. The best places to stay in Uzerche provide a perfect base for enjoying this most beautiful, off the beaten track part of France.
The town, which is perched majestically on a rocky outcrop above an oxbow meander of the river Vezere, is a natural citadel. It has a long and illustrious history due to its strategic position - at a crossroads - and played an important role in France of the middle ages. The town is teeming with remarkable architecture: old houses, lovely towers, vaulted passages. Below and by the river are mature terraced gardens alive with flowers. This is a paradise for walkers.
Since 2010 the French authorities have designated Uzerche a ‘Plus beaux detour’ - a truly high accolade.
What not to miss
- Fifteenth century Becharie Castle
- The romanesque Abbey Church of St. Peter
- Twelfth century Tower of the Black Prince
- The many grand dwellings including Pontier Castle and Chavaille Mansion
The best places to stay in Uzerche
For a stylish Blend of the Old and the New
- Hotel Joyet de Maubec - this recently renovated seventeenth century building sits right in the centre of the town. Its lovely rooms effortlessly blend the original stone walls with contemporary furniture and art. The restaurant is first class and youll also find a gym and sauna on site.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self catering option, then check out the selection with our online partner, booking.com.
- The nearest airport is at Brive (around 50km south of Uzerche)
- Uzerche is easily accessible by road - the A20 motorway runs past the town.
- The town is well connected by rail.
- The best time to visit is during the summer months when the weather is generally warm and sunny with average daily highs in the mid twenties celcius.
- If you plan to hire a car, which we stronly advise if you want to get out and about exploring, then we recommend the selection with our online partner, Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Uzerche
Hotel Joyet de Maubec 8 rooms from £106Uzerche
Renovated hotel in 17th century building. Gorgeous rooms retain original stone walls, with contemporary furniture and art on the walls. Gym, sauna, terrace and garden. Excellent set-menu restaurant with focus on seasonal produce. Luxurious and family-friendly.Families - Junior suite offers a comfortable stay for families, whilst the range of outdoor excursions will keep everyone satisfiedGreat walks - The Pays d'Uzerche offers tours ranging from family friendly to the course for seasoned hikerSights nearby - Abbey Saint Pierre Uzerche and Abbey Saint Pierre de Vigeois are not to be missedKayaking - Canoeing can be arranged on the river