Search the best hotels in County Wexford
About County Wexford
Set at Ireland’s south-eastern corner, County Wexford is a region of craggy landscapes dotted with ancient ruins, beautiful manor houses, and laid-back fishing villages hugging miles of picturesque coastline. Visitors flock to the area for its striking scenery, abundance of outdoor activities and wealth of top-notch accommodation. Whether you’re on the lookout for a cosy B&B flanked by a Norman castle, a sumptuous spa and golf hotel or a foodie retreat by the seaside, our pick of the best places in County Wexford features some real show-stoppers!
The town of Wexford is the perfect place to begin any exploration of the region. Poised at the mouth of the River Slaney, Wexford is a maze of medieval lanes, with striking old town walls, a restored 13th-century tollgate and the atmospheric ruins of Selskar Abbey, dating back to the 12th century. Today, the town boasts a lively entertainment programme, with an annual opera festival held at the contemporary National Opera House, and a thriving foodie scene. The Makers House, the National 1798 Rebellion Centre and the Irish National Heritage Park also make for intriguing visits.
There’s heaps of history to discover across County Wexford too. Marvel at Johnstown Castle Gardens, Hook Lighthouse and Tintern Abbey, leaving a little extra time for Wells House & Gardens. Nature lovers will adore the Saltee Islands, one of Europe’s key bird sanctuaries, as well as visiting Courtown Seal Rescue. Head to Curracloe Beach for miles of white sands and gentle surf, or follow walking, hiking, horse riding and cycling trails through pastures and woodland to discover this part of Ireland on at a leisurely pace.
If you’re in County Wexford to eat, don’t miss sampling the delights of Gorey, New Ross or Enniscorthy, and look out for fun local food festivals. With miles of sandy coastline, stacks of heritage sites and plenty of great eateries showcasing fresh local fare and superb live music, there’s lots to keep the whole family busy! Many of the best places to stay in County Wexford are tucked away on sprawling estates, promising a brilliant chance to relax and unwind in spectacular surroundings.
The Best Places to Stay in County Wexford
For urban chic
- Clayton Whites Hotel is a cool contemporary property in the heart of the heritage town of Wexford. Expect a great spa and health club, as well as an inviting restaurant. The rooftop and sea views from the fifth floor rooms are especially impressive! Smart, slick and stylish, perfect for a city break.
For a B&B
- Killiane Castle is a striking B&B in a lovely country house flanked by the craggy ruins of a Norman castle. The eight comfortable bedrooms are cosy and traditional, whilst the simpler, self-catering apartments offer more space for families. Highlights include delicious breakfasts, a tranquil setting and a hugely atmospheric building. Flavoursome dinners are served from June to August, featuring produce from the adjoining farm.
For rural luxury
- Dunbrody Country House Hotel is a wonderfully informal seaside country house, complete with a cookery school, an acclaimed restuarant run by chef Kevin Dundon and a small spa. With extensive acreage to explore, gorgeous classic decor, and fantastic food, you won't want to leave! The swish bar is a real treat. A luxurious rural escape for foodies.
- Seafield Golf & Spa Hotel is an ultra-chic base, featuring swish, opulent interiors, an enormous spa, a golf course and a stretch of superb sandy beach. Book a third-floor room for the best sea views, or The Gate Lodge if travelling as a family! An indulgent pick, perfect for couples or families.
- Marlfield promises an elegant, romantic hideaway in a classic country house with grand bedrooms, marble bathrooms, sparkling chandeliers and impressive antique furnishings. A sumptuous, grown-up choice near Gorey, the hotel also boasts an award-winning restaurant (The Duck), a tennis court and 35 acres of grounds.
- Monart is a luxuruious adults-only hotel with one of the world's leading destination spas. Expect chic, spacious bedrooms, exquisite fare in the award-winning restaurant, and an atmosphere of serene indulgence. Stroll the 119 acres of lush countryside, enjoy yoga classes and soak up the restorative sense of calm. For spa lovers!
For an apartment or holiday cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- There are regular international and domestic flights to Dublin International Airport. Alternatively, take a ferry from Fishguard Harbour in Wales to Rosslare. You can then hop aboard a bus, train or taxi to your destination in County Wexford.
- County Wexford's many highlights are most easily reached by road. Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between May and September for warmer weather, averaging at around 17°C. The summer is the most popular time to visit, so book your stay well in advance to avoid missing out!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of places to stay in neighbouring County Waterford.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Ireland.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in County Wexford
Best Hotels in County Wexford
Talbot Hotel Wexford 107 rooms from £70Local exploring - Whether you want to enjoy long walks, visit historic sites or explore the museums & galleries of Wexford — there's plenty to doValue chic - With doubles starting at well under £100, this is a very well priced stay for all the amenities offeredFamily Suites - There are a range of three family suite sizes which comfortably sleep between 3 - 6Restaurant - Oysterlane Restaurant offers fine dining using seasonal produce and Ballast Bank serves casual bar food
A contemporary luxury hotel set in the heart of the coastal town of Wexford. Spacious rooms are light and airy with plush headboards, floor-to-ceiling windows, and soft grey hues. With extensive amenities including an indoor pool, gym, fine dining restaurant and bar, this is a very comfortable base. See More
Whitford House Hotel Wexford 36 rooms from £74Families - Well designed for families with onsite facilities including a playground, kids' pool, and a wide range of children's activitiesSelf catering - There's the option to stay in Brambles, a 4 bedroom self catering cottage set opposite the hotel, ideal for families or groupsSights nearby - There are several historic attractions nearby including Hook Lighthouse and Peninsula and Loftus HallGreat walks - There are miles of scenic hiking trails running along the coast and through the surrounding countryside
Clayton Whites Hotel Wexford 157 rooms from £95City Style - Super modern, stylish interiorsGreat walks - Irish National Heritage ParkSights nearby - Beautiful Wexford beachesFishing - Bass Fishing Wexford
Recently renovated, modern hotel with state-of-the-art leisure facilities. Simple rooms with WiFi, satellite TV and excellent sea views. Superb health club, spa and cryotherapy clinic. A large functional hotel that can accommodate all requirements for business and leisure. See More
Seafield Golf & Spa Hotel Gorey, County Wexford 131 rooms from £86Families - The Gate Lodge is perfect for groups or families.Spa breaks - Winner of the Tatler Hotel Spa of the Year 2012.Great walks - Gardens at Marlfield HouseSights nearby - Wells House and Gardens
A quiet luxury retreat with spa and golf course just an hour from Dublin. Fantastic for groups, families and weddings. Beautiful sea views from crisp bedrooms - some with balconies. Perfectly unspoilt sandy beaches are great for long walks. A charming and quiet spot, ideal for a weekend getaway. See More
Killiane Castle County Wexford 8 rooms from £100Country Escape - A luxurious rural retreat surrounded by beautiful rugged countryside.Great walks - Follow the tree lined nature trail that runs straight from the property.Full of characterSecluded setting - For escaping.
A majestic 15th century Castle and 17th century house turned country B&B. Individually styled rooms are traditional yet unfussy with soft patterns, large sash windows and choice antiques. With a host of outdoor pursuits both on and off the property, it offers good value, old world charm. See More
Monart Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford, County Wexford 68 rooms from £117Country Escape - Beautiful gardens in a bucolic settingSpa breaks - Fabulous spa and treatments.Great walks - Enjoy the extensive tranquil gardensRestrictions on children - Children are not permitted
An award-winning spa-hotel set in 119 acres of gardens and parkland. This adult only retreat offers exceptionally spacious bedrooms with chic Italian marble bathrooms and French spa products. Enjoy a healthy detox menu or indulge in the fine dining and extensive wine list. Pure relaxed detox bliss. See More
Dunbrody Country House Hotel Arthurstown, County Wexford 22 rooms from £126Country Escape - Beautiful country home on 300 acres of gardens and woods, with a bar, pub, two restaurants and spa- why leave?Restaurant - Award-winning restaurant run by celebrity chef Kevin Dundon.Cooking classes - Fantastic cookery school.Great walks - Explore 300 acres of magical gardens and woodland.Recommended by - Fodors
Irish country house with cookery school, renowned restaurant and petite spa. Excellent food fresh from the beautiful gardens. The interiors exude classical elegance - Wedgewood blues, marble fireplaces, antique furniture. The lodge is a perfect spot for families or groups. See More
Talbot Suites at Stonebridge Wexford 69 rooms from £130Self catering - Each apartment comes with a fully-equipped kitchen, a lounge, and a terrace — perfect for longer stays or independent travellersFamilies - A choice of one, two, or three bedroom apartments that can be assembled to double or twin rooms mean this is ideal for familiesSights nearby - Visit some of Wexford's most famed historic attractions including Johnstown Castle and Enniscorthy CastleGolf - For those on a golfing break, there are no less than four courses to choose from in the area
A collection of one, two and three-bedroom self-catering apartments set near the coast in Wexford Town. Contemporary in design, expect polished wood floors, floor-to-ceiling windows & simple modern furniture. Each comes with a balcony and fully-equipped kitchen. An easy base for groups or families. See More
Marlfield Gorey, Co. Wexford, County Wexford 19 rooms from £174Romantic Break - Sumptuous suites, private in-room dining, lovely gardens and a spoiling spaFoodies - Several fine dining optionsSights nearby - Pretty fishing villages, abbeys, castles and lush rolling countrysideLocal markets - Waterford Crystal FactoryRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Relais & Chateaux
Set in 35 acres of gardens sits a traditional country-house hotel with superb restaurant. The interiors ooze classical elegance - sparkling chandeliers, abundant fresh flowers, crackling fires and antique furniture. Grand bedrooms with four poster beds and garden views. A fab getaway. See More