Search the best hotels in Ancona
Ancona is an Adriatic seaport in the Marche region of Central Italy. Originally founded by Greeks from Syracuse in the fourth century BC, it has flourished as a trading and merchant port over the centuries. Despite its commercial status, there are wonderful vistas along the coastline and beautiful sandy beaches. The best places to stay in Ancona enable you to take full advantage of the city and surrounding landscapes and our picks are ideally situated not far from the city.
Things not to miss:
- For the sightseer there is much of interest - Ancona Cathedral sits on the mountain above the town and was built on the site of an ancient temple to Venus.
- The eighteen metre high Arch of Trajan (115AD) was constructed to celebrate that Emperor's creation of the harbour.
- The city is full of wonderful churches that showcase beautiful examples of both Gothic and Renaissance architecture.
- The National Archaelogical Museum is certainly worth a visit.
- The Parco del Cardeto, situated in the hills above Ancona has stunning panoramic views.
- Alternatively one may enjoy taking a tour of Serenelli’s famous accordion factory.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Ancona range from coastal charmers to beautiful villas sitting in the hills overlooking the city.
The best places to stay in Ancona
For vineyard value
- Poggio Agli Ulvi, a traditional Italian farmhouse is great value from around £50 per night. Full of rustic charm, the visitor can sip wine straight from the vineyard. Ideal for families with trekking, riding and biking available. A relaxing country retreat.
For breathtaking views
- Fortino Napoleonico is a four star hotel, right on the beach and enjoying 360 degree views over sea and countryside. The rooms are elegant and chic and there are watersports galore or exploring in the regional park. An ideal spot for beach loungers or active types!
For an apartment or villa
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The closest airport to Ancona is Falconara (10 miles).
- For car hire, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Ancona is from May to September when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure?
- Browse our selection of the best places to stay in Ancona.
- Expand your search to include all our recommendations in Le Marche.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Ancona
Best Hotels in Ancona
Poggio Agli Ulivi Ancona 8 rooms from £56Value chicSights nearby - Only 15km from Ancona. A great base for exploring the regionViews - Great views from hotelTraditional
Fortino Napoleonico Ancona 30 rooms from £152Views - Stunning panoramic views from the peninsula.Beach LifeSights nearby - Plebiscito, Teatro delle Muse, Loggia dei Mercanti and Vanvitelli's Lazzaretto.Lakeside - Two salt lakes make up part of the wildlife park.
A good Four Star hotel set on a peninsula just outside the bay of Portonovo. Stunning panoramic views from every angle, fabulous access to the beach, lots of exploring of the regional park. Elegant rooms and suites have romantic furnishings. Family friendly and with excellent facilities. See More