Search the best hotels in Le Marche
About Le Marche
Italy’s Le Marche region has a bit of everything. The Apennines are to the west, and the sunny, sandy, winding coastline of the Adriatic is to the east, and between those landmarks are gently undulating hills and hilltop villages, farmland and vineyards, and nature reserves. Some of the best places to stay in Le Marche are picturesque medieval towns, similar to those you find in Umbria or Tuscany; there are also some beautifully converted masserias in the rich hinterland — perfect for foodies; and friendly seaside ports and harbours, popular with Italian bucket-and-spade holidaymakers.
Beautiful, terracotta-topped hill town, Urbino is the place to go for art lovers: it became one of Italy’s cultural capitals in the 15th century, when the era's most famous artists and architects were gathered here by local, Duca Fredrico Montefeltro. Ascoli Piseno is a great destination for foodies; Pesaro offers an idyllic beach-break setting, plus a lot to explore in the way of sightseeing; and Ancona is the main transport hub for the region and has a large station, international ferry port and international airport, so it’s a good base if you want to explore the whole area, or you’re interested in the history of Le Marche and like a good beach and ferry port.
If you’re looking for our Gurus’ recommendations for the best places to stay in Le Marche for a beach break consider Rimini, which is just over the border in neighbouring Emilia Romagna, and is the Adriatic’s largest, and probably most bustling beach resort, with over a thousand hotels to choose from. Even though this is your classic Italian beach break destination, it’s still incredibly rich historically — it was founded by the Romans — and the food is excellent.
The Best Places to Stay in Le Marche
For a Special Occasion
- The Castello di Monterado is a beautiful old castle, idyllically positioned on a lush estate between Ancona and Pesaro. Interiors have been carefully restored and you'll find intricate frescos, original flooring, high ceilings, antiques and chandeliers. Though some of the 12 rooms and suites are more contemporary, so you can go opulent if you want to, or not. There’s no restaurant, but they serve home-made breakfast alfresco. Surprisingly affordable too.
For a Beach Break
- Just outside of Ancona, and right up against the coast behind an idyllic stretch of sandy beach, the Fortino Napoleonico is perfect for a beach break. The location is perfect: on a sandy peninsula on the edge of a sheltered bay, and the beach access is unbeatable. In the opposite direction is lush woodland and a regional park. The 30 rooms and suites are elegantly decorated, and all the rooms, and bars, terrace and restaurant, have incredible water views. Family friendly too.
For a Rural Escape
- The Monterosato Country House is a collection of cosy, self-catering apartments and suites, set on a hilltop, surrounded by olive groves and vineyards. The decor in all of the five apartments is rustic and chic, with elegant neutral tones, and plump soft furnishings. The pool is perfectly positioned to make the most of the views. There’s no restaurant, but there are wonderful foodie experiences to be had in every direction, and the hotel does offer a continental breakfast.
- Poggio Agli Ulvi is a traditional Italian farmhouse surrounded by its own vineyards, turned rustic, country house hotel. Its eight rooms and suites are simply decorated, like a home from home, and our favourites have wonderful views over the surrounding countryside. The property is situated between the coastline and Ancona, in a peaceful spot. Outside there’s a pool and olive groves, making this our pick for a relaxed country retreat.
- A working winery and chic guesthouse combined, the Foresteria Filodivino is an excellent La Marche escape, complete with a picturesque rural location, views of rolling hills and vines, wine tastings, and an infinity pool with a view. The guesthouse side of things offers eight rooms and suites, all decorated with beautiful natural fabrics and contemporary furnishings, against white-washed walls and terracotta-tiled floors. Some suites are ideal for families.
For the Views
- Pesaro’s Hotel Alexander Museum Palace is a striking, white building, designed by a group of renowned local architects, and now considered both a landmark and a modern masterpiece. Its 63 rooms and suites offer a huge range of decor, some extremely artsy, and some very pared back and minimal. The infinity pool, terraces and Michelin recommended restaurant are more feathers in the hotel’s stylish cap.
- The Hotel Leone is a perfectly positioned pick in the hilltop town of Montelparo. Converted from an elegant villa in the centre of town, it has just eight rooms and suites, a chic cocktail bar, sunny terrace with incredible views, plus a swimming pool, and a fabulous pizza restaurant. The decor features a lot of dark wood, set against pale neutrals. A perfect village base, and an inspiring place to start your day.
- The Grand Hotel Vittoria is a gorgeous Belle Epoque villa in Pesaro, complete with manicured gardens that run all the way down to the sand. The decor is in keeping with the era of the hotel’s construction, and features gilt, brocade, pillars and double height ceilings, but with all the creature comforts one expects from a contemporary hotel too. The elegant pool terrace overlooks the water, and the hotel also has a spa.
- Converted from an elegant country villa, the Borgo Storico Seghetti Panichi is now a romantic country house hotel. Its eleven suites and apartments include five with self catering facilities, which are housed in a separate farmhouse building, but we prefer those with sweeping views of the historic gardens and surrounding countryside. Each of the rooms is individually designed, with decor that feels more like you’re a guest staying with friends, rather than a hotel guest. The restaurant is fantastic.
- The Boutique Hotel Magnolia has been caringly created from the shell of an abandoned farmhouse, and now offers guests seven individually decorated rooms and suites, access to the adjacent Domodimonti winery and acclaimed restaurant, and the outdoor pool and pool terrace. Each of the seven rooms and suites are light and airy, with wonderful views across the surrounding countryside. The restaurant is known for its connections with local producers, and for its cooking school, where you can learn how to create Le Marche classics to take home with you.
- A collection of chic cottages in a spectacular spot inland from Ancona, Borgo Farneto is one of our top picks for families staying in Le Marche. The cottages sleep between two and six, and all have well equipped kitchens, with wood burning stoves and exposed stone walls. The gardens are blissful, as is the infinity pool, and each guest is given an e-bike and access to yoga classes held poolside.
- The Castello di Granarola is an ancient castle and watchtower, turned into a rural escape. There are 19 rooms and suites, arranged across several different buildings around a central pool and courtyard, and each of the buildings has a shared kitchen. Close to the beach and numerous walking and biking trails, this is a wonderful escape for those with energy to burn and those without.
- Borgo della Spiga is a converted farmhouse, with incredible views of the surrounding region, and six elegantly, but sparingly decorated rooms and suites. The rooms offer a charming juxtaposition of original features and contemporary simplicity. The pool has been beautifully landscaped, and there are gardens all around. Two of the rooms are loft conversion suites, perfect for families, and complete with self-catering facilities — and they even offer cooking classes in case you’re in need of inspiration.
- The Urbino Resort Tenuta Santi Giacomo & Philippo is a charmingly converted farmhouse — the sort where the 32 rooms, suites and apartments occupy a number of buildings and outbuildings — offering plenty of privacy, and space if you’re travelling with a group or family. Some of their suites and apartments have self-catering facilities too. The indoor pool is part of a surprisingly large wellness centre now occupying the converted barn, and there’s a large pool and terrace outside too. The restaurant specialises in local cuisine.
For Great Value
- La Querceta di Marnacchia is a beautiful, yellow-stone house, set in the picturesque hills on the outskirts of the Monti Siblini National Park. There are only six rooms, but all are bright and spacious, with original features, and well chosen local antiques. Plus there's a pool for lazy days.
- Casa Azzurra is a charming farmhouse offering cosy accommodation in a variety of pleasing hues. With only 8 rooms, it's also a fairly intimate spot, plus there's also a large outdoor pool and spa.
- The Casa San Ruffino is a charming, country house B&B with just four rooms — all with views of the lush valleys and sleepy hamlets below its hilltop spot. Guests can expect simple luxuries, from quality linens to homemade bread for breakfast, and interesting artworks on the walls. Outside are gardens and a pool, and terrace, and inside there’s a breakfast room. Close to the beach, and some lovely towns and villages.
Prefer a Private Apartment or Villa?
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Le Marche has its own airport: Falconara Airport, which is around 20 minutes from the centre of Ancona by both rail and road. If your local airport isn’t connected to Falconara, you could aim for Bologna Airport or Florence’s Amerigo Vespucci international airport — both are connected to a larger number of destinations. It’s possible to travel to Le Marche by train: Ancona has a large station too.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- As with many coastal regions, spring and summer are the most popular times to visit La Marche, though the climate is humid, and pleasant for most of the year. If you’re planning to visit in September or October be aware that it’s thunderstorm season! Spring and autumn can both be changeable, but are generally pretty mild and pleasant, with lots of sunshine too. Easter and Christmas are always wonderful celebrations in Italy, and there’s plenty to do here beyond the beach, but it does get chilly during winter, with a regular sprinkling of snow.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could refine your search by centre, and consider only the best places to stay in Pesaro, Ancona or Rimini
- Or you could extend your remit and consider neighbouring Umbria.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Le Marche
Best Hotels in Le Marche
Filodivino Wine Resort & Spa San Marcello (AN), Le Marche 8 rooms from £124Country Escape - Surrounded by acres of vineyards and rolling hills this is an utterly tranquil rural escape.Great walks - Take long picturesque walks starting straight from the property.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet
A working winery and chic guesthouse in the relatively undiscovered, and astoundingly scenic, region of Le Marche. A handful of rooms are beautifully renovated with simple modern furniture, tiled floors and white-washed walls. Expect a glorious infinity pool, wine tasting and exemplary cuisine. See More
Alla Selva Le Marche from £300Families - With four bedrooms, plus a lovely pool it's perfect for a family holidaySelf catering - The price quoted is per night for the entire property in mid seasonExclusive use - This property can only be rented out in its entiretySights nearby - There are various Roman sites within an hour's drive of the property, and there are lots of historic towns & villages close by
Alla Selva is a stunning villa that provides superb family accommodation with four bedrooms, plenty of living space and a lovely garden with a saltwater pool. Welcoming interiors combine all mod cons with a traditional homely feel. A charming home from home in the heart of Le Marche countryside. See More
Casa Azzurra Macerata, Le Marche 8 rooms from £61Total relaxation - The main idea here is to gather a total sense of wellbeing.Eco - Powered by solar and thermal heating.Views - Great views from hotelCountry Escape
Poggio Agli Ulivi Ancona 8 rooms from £74Value chicRestaurant - Restaurant open in summer months for dinner on Friday and Saturday plus Sunday lunch.Sights nearby - Only 15km from Ancona. A great base for exploring the regionViews - Great views from hotel
La Querceta di Marnacchia Fermo, Le Marche 6 rooms from £74Back to Nature - A tranquil spot set in the hills that surround Monti Sibillini National Park where you can find wolves and eagles!Great walks - Explore the numerous nature trails in the region with routes to suit all abilitiesSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
A beautiful yellow stone house set in the picturesque hills that surround the Monti Sibillini National Park. Traditional rooms are bright and spacious with exposed stone walls, cast iron beds, and hardwood floors. Spend days getting out into nature or simply lounging by the lovely pool. See More
Hotel Alexander Museum Palace Pesaro (Marche) 63 rooms from £83Great walks - The Parco Naturale Monte San Bartolo with its beautiful beaches and picturesque countryside is great for walking.Sights nearby - The Villa Imperiale di Pesaro is a Renaissance treasure trove and an insight into the region's history.Restaurant - Three different restaurants including one on the rooftop, all serving cuisine from Le MarcheSailing - Explore the beauty of the Adriatic coast by boat.
Designed by a group of renowned local architects this hotel is a modern masterpiece. The michelin recognised restaurant is an aesthetic and culinary experience. Each room is a work of art with exuberant murals covering the walls and bathrooms. There is a stunning infinity pool and use of nearby gym. See More
Urbino Resort Tenuta Santi Giacomo & Philippo Pantiere, Urbino, Le Marche 32 rooms from £95Country Escape - 360 hectare organic farm of San GiacomoLearning - Near to home of artist Raffaello SanzioViews - Stunning views over verdant valleys.Spa - Modern Wellness Centre
A stunning farmhouse hotel spread across various manors. Rooms are themed on nature, with chic rustic furniture, large bathrooms and all the mod cons. Restaurant, bar, pools and spa. Cycling and valleys to explore. A great choice for good food, fresh air, and Italian views. See More
Borgo della Spiga Cingoli (MC), Le Marche 6 rooms from £95Country Escape - A charming country house (with chic interiors) offering an utterly tranquil spot and boasting 360 degree views of rolling hillsFamilies - The two self catering loft apartments are ideal for families as they can comfortably accommodate 4Value chic - Beautifully chic accommodation at knock-down prices!Minimum Stay - There is a min stay of 2 nights in the B&B rooms and 3 for the lofts (7 night min for these in high season)Recommended by - Sawdays
A charming traditional farmhouse boasting spectacular views from its hilltop position. Interiors have been beautifully renovated giving a fresh contemporary feel where exposed stone sits against whitewashed walls. A designer pool is a real draw (as are the homemade cakes). An intimate rural escape. See More
Castello di Monterado Le Marche 12 rooms from £101Country Escape - An elegant castello set in beautifully manicures gardens amidst picturesque countryside - an grand rural escapeValue chic - Despite this being an undeniably grand stay it also comes at a very reasonable rateCooking classes - Cookery classes are held in the castello's kitchen to teach guests regional dishesSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Sawdays
An elegant castello set within picturesque gardens complete with a lovely pool. Interiors have been carefully restored to their prior opulence complete with intricate frescoes, antiques, and chandeliers. Homemade breakfasts are served alfresco; a grand rural escape offered at very reasonable rates. See More
Castello di Granarola Gradara (PU) Marche, Le Marche 19 rooms from £112Country Escape - A charming and secluded rural house with wonderful walking country nearbyGreat walks - Explore the miles of hiking trails that run through the Natural Reserve ParkFull of characterSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Sawdays
An ancient castle whose watchtower and outbuildings have been turned into a chic rural escape. Each self-contained building has its own kitchen for those wishing to self-cater. All individually styled, the accommodation has a rustic-chic feel. A large pool sits in the middle and the beach is nearby. See More
Borgo Farneto Serra de Conti, Le Marche 4 rooms from £113Local exploring - A lovely base from which to explore the beautiful Le Marche countryside.Groups - Up to twelve people would fill the entire property nicelyGreat walks - Take long walks through the surrounding countryside and along the coastSights nearby - Discover the pretty hilltop town of UrbinoRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Four boho-chic cottages set in a spectacular spot in coastal Tuscany. Cottages sleep between 2 - 6 and feature cute (well-equipped) kitchens, wood-burning stoves, and exposed stone walls. A large infinity pool lends lovely views. Each guest is given an e-bike and yoga classes are held poolside. See More
Grand Hotel Vittoria Pesaro (Marche) 27 rooms from £115Sights nearby - The famous composer Rossini’s house is within easy reach and worth a visit.Views - Great views from hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A 'Belle Époque' villa with manicured gardens overlooking the Adriatic. Decorated in colours typical of the period with a sunny yellow sitting room & atmospheric bar in dark wood and green leather. Cuisine is of the Marche school. Blue and gold rooms have spacious bathrooms. There is a pool and gym. See More
Casa San Ruffino Montegiorgio, Le Marche 4 rooms from £130Views - Stunning view from its hilltop positionRestrictions on children - Over 14s welcome.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Boutique Hotel Magnolia Montefiore dell'Aso, Le Marche 7 rooms from £130Views - Wonderful views over the surrounding countryside from its hilltop positionRestaurant - Fresh produce from select local producersCooking classes - Learn the secrets of Le Marche cuisineSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Fortino Napoleonico Ancona 30 rooms from £152Views - Stunning panoramic views from the peninsula.Beach LifeSights nearby - Plebiscito, Teatro delle Muse, Loggia dei Mercanti and Vanvitelli's Lazzaretto.Lakeside - Two salt lakes make up part of the wildlife park.
A good Four Star hotel set on a peninsula just outside the bay of Portonovo. Stunning panoramic views from every angle, fabulous access to the beach, lots of exploring of the regional park. Elegant rooms and suites have romantic furnishings. Family friendly and with excellent facilities. See More
Hotel Leone Montelparo, Le Marche 13 rooms from £143Views - Fabulous views from the terrace all the way over to the AdriaticLocal exploringTotal relaxationFoodiesRecommended by - Sawdays
Borgo Storico Seghetti Panichi Le Marche 11 rooms from £199Romantic Break - A wonderfully romantic Italianate villa with boutique rooms.Weddings - The hotel would be the perfect setting for a wedding.Luxury - Superbly luxurious with traditional Italian flair.Views - Stunning views over the hills of Le Marche.
A desperately romantic Italian country house, now a boutique hotel with glorious suites and some self-catering apartments. Each room decorated with original flair and elegance. Stunning views from historic gardens and fabulous regional cuisine. Romantic, gourmet, family friendly. See More
Monterosato Country House Le Marche 5 rooms from £213Foodies - The surrounding region is one of the best culinary centres in Italy and there are a number of culinary festivals in the summerLocal exploring - Dubbed the 'New Tuscany', the Le Marche region boasts a number of towns steeped in rich history and heritageFamilies - With a self-catering apartment to rent, this is ideal accomodation for a family holidaySights nearby - The surrounding towns in Le Marche region are renowned for their rich heritage and architecture
Set in rolling olive groves and vineyards, the Monterosato offers self-catering accommodation. The rooms feature traditional, ornate furniture, stone-flooring, exposed beams and skylights. Offering a continental breakfast and outdoor pool. An ideal base to explore the region. See More