Search the best hotels in Asti
The beautiful provincial capital of Piedmont, one of Italy's most important wine regions - you'll find that many of the best places to stay in Asti are ideally situated to make the most of its delicious vintages. A town of many towers and not one, but two picturesque old centres. The medieval heart centred around the Romanesque San Secondo Church and the newer Baroque period centre which is arranged around the Plaza Alfieri. These two centres reflect the town's two great ages of wealth.
What not to miss:
- During the 13th Century this was one of the richest places in Italy and the well-to-do families built wonderful towers, around 120 of them, leading to Asti being referred to as the 'city of 100 towers'. There are only 12 remaining today, but they're still a sight to behold. Alongside the churches, cathedrals and palaces.
- Asti is also known for its Palio, a historic, bareback horse riding festival held in the main square on the third Sunday in September.
- Asti is probably the commercial centre of the region's wine production, but it doesn't really feel like a commercial centre, more of a country town. It is just 40 minutes from Turin and an hour from Milan.
There are plenty of accommodation options here, but our pick of the best places to stay in Asti are slighty off the beaten track. So whilst not being in the centre of the city, they are well placed for those who want to explore the wider region.
The best places to stay in Asti
For an historic stay
- The Castello di Villa is a stunning castle, converted into a stunning, 14 room hotel overlooking its own vineyards. This is a romantic spot - the larger rooms have four poster beds, beamed ceilings and wonderful murals, but it's also great value, with rooms starting from just £60 per night. The restaurant is popular amongst foodies, and the gardens are beautiful. This is also a great spot from which to explore the local markets of Alba and the vineyards of Barolo.
For rural atmosphere
- La Casa in Collina is a farmhouse and vineyards, offering six, traditional and lovely rooms to guests. It's in a quiet, picturesque spot and has lovely gardens and a pool.
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Asti is Turin (50 miles).
- For car hire, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Asti is from June to September, when the temperature ranges from 22 to 28 degrees celsius.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Asti.
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Piedmont.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Asti
Best Hotels in Asti
Relais Sant’Uffizio Wellness & SPA Hotel Asti (14030 Cioccaro di Penango) 41 rooms from £97Total relaxation - Relax and recharge at the peaceful and serene Aquanatura SPA – choose from a host of treatments including massages and wrapsWeddings - Not only an elegant venue for your special day, this stunning hotel has all the facilities you need to make everything perfectSpa - Aquanatura Spa is divided into different sections including the hydro pool zone, wet area, and massage and beauty areaOutstanding location - Located in Monferrato area known for its cuisine, fine wines and glorious countryside
Gorgeous 4* hotel in a restored 16th-century monastery features beautiful rooms and suites blending contemporary décor with historic features. Add an Italian garden, a gourmet restaurant with Michelin chef and first-class spa and you have the perfect recipe for a romantic getaway or family holiday. See More
Relais Cattedrale Asti 7 rooms from £113Sights nearby - Close to Asti's historic monuments - Cathedral, Baroque Palazzo Ottolenghi, Romanesque Red Tower of San Secondo - and museumsFull of character - Six gorgeous rooms, each with their own unique ambienceLocal markets - Good for local colour.Romantic - Good for couples.
Artfully combining historic features with contemporary chic, this stylish hotel in an 18th-century Palazzo is a haven of peace in the medieval heart of Asti. With seven rooms, each decorated in a different style, it's ideal for romantic getaways. Guests can also enjoy the terrace and large garden. See More
Castello di Villa Asti (Frazione Villa) 20 rooms from £174Foodies - Over 50 Michelin starred restaurants to choose from in Piedmont, as well s day trips to the vineyards of BaroloSights nearby - Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta and San Gottardo di AstiLocal markets - In nearby AlbaOpulent
Stunning castle hotel overlooking vineyards. The large rooms have four poster beds, murals, beamed ceilings and big bathrooms. Outdoor pool, manicured gardens, terrace and library. Outstanding menu of locally sourced produce, excellent wine list. Ideal for a stop on a foodie trip of the region. See More