Search the best hotels in Turin
Italy has so many beautiful, and historically and artistically important cities, that Turin has somehow garnered a reputation as a bit grim and industrial - but “Undeserved!” call our Gurus, waving dramatically towards the green and graceful boulevards lined with Art Nouveau cafes and Baroque palazzos - some of which they now also recommend as the best places to stay in Turin. If you’ve discounted Turin in the past, now is the time to consider its grande dame hotels, fashionable city break apartments, elegant palazzo conversions. and contemporary art hotels. Our Gurus also have a few recommendations outside the centre of town, if you’re looking for a base for exploring the whole of the Piedmont region.
Don’t be ashamed if your main cultural references to Turin come from the film The Italian Job. There’s plenty of truth to it: Turin is the home of Fiat, and for years they did actually test their zippy little numbers on a rooftop track atop their architectural landmark of a factory; Turin is a city rich in architectural variety arranged along a series of squares and boulevards; and Turin does have a daily food market which brims with truffles, cheeses, porcini, prosciutto, salami, bread, and hard chocolate - Turin was the first place to produce saleable hard chocolate. So it’s definitely one for the foodies. Piedmont has more than 50 Michelin-starred restaurants, and you’ll find plenty of great places to eat the local cuisine, including in the restaurants of our recommendations for the best places to stay in Turin.
Just some of the things The Italian Job doesn’t show are the questionable Holy Shroud, the Automobile Museum, the Egyptian Museum, the Museum of Cinema, and the Museum of Contemporary Art. And it only offers fleeting shots of the Piazza San Carlo, Basilica di Superga, Palazzo Reale and Piazza Carignano. Turin is also something of a centre for Italian fashion and design, and our Gurus definitely recommend the best places to stay in Turin to hip city breakers looking for fresh pastures. Some of the best places to stay in Turin will allow you to work in a bit of skiing too, after all, Turin has hosted the Winter Olympics too.
The Best Places to Stay in Turin
Turin’s Grand Dame Hotels
- Many distinguished guests have stayed at the Grand Hotel Sitea since it opened in 1925, and it’s still a Turin institution, conveniently located behind the Piazza San Carlo. This is the kind of landmark hotel offering afternoon tea in a ballroom, and where non-guests meet up in the American Bar for cocktails. Among the 120 rooms and suites are some quite simple, standard hotel rooms, and some pretty flashy suites, and plenty in between too, including some excellent family-sized options. The restaurant is known for its Piedmont classics.
For Design Chic
- Apart from the bit about Boston, the Art Hotel Boston gives a pretty explanatory introduction with its name. Within its early 20th century facade is a very impressive collection of original Modern and contemporary art, think Warhole, Aldo Mondio and Lichenstien in the communal areas, and less well known artists in the 87 rooms and suites. Aside from the art, the decor is stylishly simple, with some nice design furniture and retro pieces, and many of the rooms are individually decorated. Expect art books, a creative contemporary menu in the restaurant, and a garden terrace.
For City Style
- The NH Collection Piazza Carlina is a large and elegant, contemporary hotel in central Turin. Its exterior dates from the 17th century, but its 160 rooms and suites have been decorated with contemporary minimalism and luxury. Our Gurus can’t commend its two roof terraces enough, green spaces with rooftop views, and the location is ideal for exploring the city. And the NH Collection Piazza Carlina has all the facilities you’d expect from a city centre hotel with so many rooms.
- Townhouse 70 is a surprisingly intimate townhouse hotel n the centre of Turin, close to the Piazza Castello. Its classical, townhouse facade hides a much more contemporary interior, with a minimalist aesthetic across the 48 rooms and suites. Take drinks in the courtyard, and breakfast is served at a communal table. There’s no restaurant, but they do offer snacks, and light, homemade dishes on request.
- The Palazzo del Carretto is a nice example of how to turn one of Turin’s grand palazzos into a suite and apartment hotel. It’s not easy to get the scale right when dividing up the vast rooms of these gorgeous old buildings, but those behind the Palazzo del Carretto’s refurb have made smart choices, and the resultant suites and apartments are spacious, but not barn-like, and make wonderful use of the original parquet flooring, gilt details and frescoes. With contemporary art that brings it all together. Expect luxury, and you might even get romance.
- The Hotel Victoria has been converted from a large, and rather fabulous mansion in a quiet residential part of Turin. Can you believe the hotel has more than a hundred rooms and suites? and many of them have fireplaces, double-height ceilings, huge windows and four-poster beds. The decor is very romantic, with a guests-of-royalty feel. The pool and spa feel luxurious, complete with elegant pillars and star-painted ceilings, and the hotel is surrounded by lush gardens.
- The Piazza Vittorio Suites is a collection of 13 suites and apartments, located right on the Piazza Vittorio, which is pretty much the very centre of Turin. Each of the apartments is well designed to make the most of the building’s original features, and guests can expect clever mezzanine levels atop original ceiling beams, offering plenty of living space, as well as kitchens, and multiple bedrooms if you need them. Great value, spacious, and super convenient for exploring Turin. •
- Le Serre Suites & Apartments has been created from an attractive, 19th century built farm estate, and is now a collection of 15 suites and apartments, arranged around a central courtyard with rustic views. Inside the accommodation is comfortable and spacious, with simple, rustic detail and nicely chosen antiques. They offer a good breakfast, and wine tastings from their impressive cellar. And there’s a spa. And you’re just ten minutes outside of Turin.
- Cascina San Vito is a charmingly converted estate in the hills ringing Turin, with just six rooms and suites, and lots of outdoor space. Peaceful and relaxed, the B&B offers a bit of an escape from the city, with great walking routes, a cooking school and a sunny garden. The decor is stylish, but with rustic original features. Bring your pet and family, and see the slights at a more leisurely pace.
For An Apartment Or villa
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Turin Airport is about 15minutes outside of the centre of town by taxi, or about 40minutes on the bus. It might also be useful to know that Milan’s Milan Malpensa and Milan Linate airports are also about an hour and a half away by car, or two hours on the bus. Turin is also easy to get to by train.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- For one of our Gurus Turin is a harvest city, great with its autumn colour scheme, and brimming with a cornucopia of truffles, hazelnuts, grapes, pumpkins and chestnuts. This is also a great time for concerts, festivals and exhibitions. Turin’s cultural calendar is busy in spring too, and it’s beautiful - though it can be rainy. Easter and Christmas are always wonderful celebrations in Italy, and Turin lights up beautifully for both. Come winter Turin is close enough too the alps and the Aosta Valley to keep busy. Summer is relaxed and humid, with the occasional dramatic thunderstorm.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Piedmont?
- Or expand a little further to include the best places to stay in Asti? with its sparkling wine and historic architecture, Alba, with its white truffles? or Lake Maggiore, with its exotic plants?
- Or refine your search by the kind of holiday you’re planning, and focus on the best wine hotels in Piedmont?
- Or, if you want to ski try Sestriere? or head just outside of Piedmont and consider the best ski resorts in the Aosta Valley?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Turin
Best Hotels in Turin
Art Hotel Boston Turin (Porta Nuova Station) 87 rooms from £85Designer - On going museum and gallery, packed with art works from rare vinyl LPs, art books to classic and retro furnitureRestaurant - Creative and regional menu in the restuarant La Linea Continua, minimal design, art by Emillo ScanavinoSuites - Rooms are themed or named after artistsWifi
The facade of this 1911 building belies the interior - an ecletic explosion of modern and contemporary art. The public areas are filled with original works by Warhol, Aldo Mondino and Lichtenstien, amongst others. Bedrooms are equally original. Garden and good food complete the picture. See More
Piazza Vittorio Suites Turin (Centro) 13 rooms from £74Local exploring - This hotel has an unbeatable location for local exploring, set in close proximity to museums, monuments and restaurantsFamilies - These cosy self-catering apartments are great for families, with multiple bedrooms and comfortable living spacesCity Style - Set in a historic property that faces the main square in Turin, this hotel has lots of local city styleSights nearby - Visit the Piazza San Carlo, a bustling square in the heart of the city which plays host to the Monument to Emmanuel Philibert
This hotel offers contemporary apartments on Piazza Vittorio, the porticoed square which forms the lively centre of Turin. The stylish apartments have original exposed beams and homely soft furnishings - perfect for a comfortable family city break or discreet romantic getaway. See More
Le Serre Suites & Apartments Turin 15 rooms from £74B+B - A delicious breakfast is delivered to your suite or apartment each morningSpa - Guests can use the nearby partner spa for therapies and massgeBar - Honesty bar and wine cellarSights nearby - Just 10 mins from TurinRecommended by - Tablet
Attractive 19th century converted farm estate turned hotel offering comfortable apartments and suites. Peacefully located in rolling countryside, just ten minutes from Turin. Breakfast, spa, wine tasting, wine cellar, swimming pool. A flexible service for families or business travellers. See More
Hotel Victoria, Turin Turin 105 rooms from £95Romantic BreakSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRestaurant - Recommended.Spa
Cascina San Vito Turin 6 rooms from £117Country Escape - Set among the rolling hills of Turin in a charming heritage property, book this B&B for an idyllic escape to the countryRomantic Break - Offering beautifully appointed rooms and a peaceful country setting, book this hotel for a tranquil romantic breakLocal exploring - With Turin just ten minutes' from this hotel, there is plenty to see in your local exploringCooking classes - Take cooking classes in the B&B kitchen and learn how to prepare classic Italian dishes, from pasta to biscotti
This charming hotel is nestled in the rolling countryside just outside of Turin's city centre. The heritage property has undergone a full renovation and now offers stylish guestrooms with a blend of antiques and contemporary design pieces. Start the day in the sunny garden before sightseeing. See More
Palazzo del Carretto Turin Historic Centre 6 rooms from £129Romantic Break - The hotel's discreet private apartments, peppered with original contemporary art, are great for a chic and romantic city breakLocal exploring - This hotel's central location makes it a great base for local sightseeing; book exclusive city tours through the hotelCity Style - Set in a historic palazzo in the centre of Turin, this hotel has lots of local city charmGreat walks - Explore Turin's city centre on a long walk, stopping at the pretty Giardini Reali to relax in some green space afterwards
This luxury hotel offers suites and private apartments in a palazzo in the heart of Turin. Suites boast original hardwood floors and gilded wall reliefs, while the apartments are sleek and contemporary, with modern art and innovative design features - a stylish base for city sightseeing. See More
Townhouse 70 Turin 48 rooms from £155Room service - For those who don't wish to eat breakfast at the communal long table there is room serviceSit-out Terrace - Pretty internal courtyard terrace for cocktails, coffee and light snacksSights nearby - Walking distance from the Piazza Castello, Duomo and Turin shroudLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
The latest hotel in a chic franchise of urban bolt holes, in the centre of Turin, near the Piazza Castello. Effortlessly cool; a classical facade conceals the minimalist interior. Most rooms are junior suites, breakfast is served at the signature communal table. Pretty courtyard garden for drinks. See More
Grand Hotel Sitea Turin 120 rooms from £174Bar - The American bar and the pretty garden not only serve cocktails but afternoon tea with delectable pattiserieRestaurant - Carignano Restaurant offers tyipcal Piedmont dishes and a tasting menuSuites - Standard rooms to elegant, spacious classic suitesBusiness CentreRecommended by - CN Traveller
A household name, opened in 1925, many distinguished guests have stayed in this smart hotel from Nobel Prize winners to Louis Armstrong. Ideally suited for either business or pleasure. Centrally positioned behind Piazza San Carlo. The elegant Bar offers exquisite afternoon tea. A Turin institution. See More
NH Collection Piazza Carlina Turin 160 rooms from £233City Style - This historic landmark has had a hell of a refurbishment into a sleek design hotel with pillow menus and private balconiesLocal exploring - NH Collection Piazza Carlina sits right in Turin's historic centre, ideal for those wishing to get to know the citySights nearby - Stroll over to the Royal Palace, the Cathedral, Piazza Vittorio Veneto or check out the impressive Mole Antonelliana monumentLocal markets - Head over to the bustling Mercato di Porta Palazzo farmers marketRecommended by - Tablet