Search the best hotels in Turin
Italy has almost too many beautiful, important cities. Turin has been tarred with a bit of the 'grim-up-the-industrial-north' brush, thus it's been overlooked by many visitors. This is totally undeserved! Turin was Italy's first capital, just 150 years ago, when the city-states and dukedoms were finally united. Its historic centre has the requisite Baroque palaces and Art Nouveau mansions - many of which are now hotels, and some of the best places to stay in Turin.
It's not all about the past though, Turin is also a great place for fashion and Piedmontese cuisine, whilst there's a lively vibe to be found amongst the shady arcades.
Turin's green boulevards, lined with beautiful Art Nouveau cafes, are graceful and generously proportioned when you consider that this is the home of the Fiat. 'The Italian Job' didn't get it too wrong when they showed zippy little numbers shooting across the rooftops - the famous Fiat factory, one of Turin's great architectural landmarks, actually had its testing track on the roof. That's the kind of place Turin is - forward thinking and productive.
You probably know about Turin's winter games and the questionable Holy Shroud - the Fiats and 'The Italian Job' have been mentioned - but this is also a great destination for art lovers.
What Not To Miss
- The daily market, held by the Porta Palatina, the old city gates, is foodie heaven - the cheese, the salami and prosciutto, the porcini, the truffles, the bread, the hard chocolate (Turin was the first place to produce saleable hard chocolate!).
- Culture vultures should definitely check out the brilliant Automobile Museum, the excellent Egyptian Museum, the National Museum of Cinema and the Museum of Contemporary Art - all of which are home to fascinating collections.
- If you're into your architecture then you'll really appreciate the Mole Antonelliana, the tower in the centre of town, as well as the Piazza San Carlo, Basilica di Superga, Palazzo Reale and Piazza Carignano.
Given its popularity as a tourist destination, be sure to book ahead to avoid disappointment - the best places to stay in Turin get quickly filled up, especially in the summer months.
For Something Special
- The Grand Hotel Sitea is a Turin institution. One of those grand, elegant hotels famed for afternoon tea and cocktail bar. Right in the heart of Turin, this is a smart, stylish place to stay favoured by distinguished guests and celebrities alike.
- Located in a quiet residential area, Hotel Victoria, Turin boasts wonderfully romantic traditional accommodation featuring four posters and fireplaces. With a lovely restaurant and spa, it has all the necessary ingredients for a memorable trip.
- NH Collection Piazza Carlina is an elegant 17th century property with unfussy yet chic rooms. Gym, restaurant and an enviably central location - with two rooftop terraces offering splendid views of the city.
- With just two handsome rooms, Foresteria degli Artisti is a cosy, yet exclusive B&B. One apartment sleeps four, the other three. Both are decorated with antiques, row upon row of books and views over Turin's rooftops. This is easily one of the best places to stay in Turin if you want to imagine you're one of the players from 'The Italian Job'.
- Converted from an attractive 19th Century farm estate, Le Serre Suites & Apartments is just ten minutes from Turin, but feels like the middle of nowhere it's so quiet. As the name suggests these are self catering suites and apartments, so a great choice for groups or families.
Modern Boutique Arty Affairs
- If you appreciate Warhole, Aldo Mondio and Lichenstien then Art Hotel Boston is for you. Loads of wonderful original contemporary art works crowd its walls, they also have some great pieces of retro furniture. The design of the bedrooms is equally fresh and interesting.
- Townhouse 70's classical facade conceals the latest cool offering in this chic franchise. Right in the heart of Turin, near the Piazza Castello, this one of the best places to stay in Turin for a city break.
For An Apartment Or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Turin's nicest in the summer, with the average daily temperature rising to 21°C in July and August.
- This however is peak tourist season, so for a quieter and potentially cheaper alternative consider coming in May, September or October.
- International visitors can fly into Turin Airport, located 15km north of the city and well connected by public transport links to the centre.
- Ryanair fly direct from Stansted to Turin, Blue Air go from Luton, whilst easyJet and British Airways fly from Gatwick - with the journey taking just 2 hours.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Turin.
- Widen the net to search through our recommendations in Milan or Genoa.
- Alternatively, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Turin
Best Hotels in Turin
Foresteria degli Artisti Turin 2 rooms from £69City - Guides, local maps and information, calendars of special events and history books on Turin are providedB+B - Warm fresh bread, homemade cakes, delicious jams, fruit and spumante for special occasionsSelf catering to rent - One apartment sleeps four and the other three, both well equipped with small kitchenttesFamilies
A cosy boutique bed and breakfast with two pretty apartments in a handsome 1825 house. Lofty rooms, thoughtfully furnished with antiques, books galore and views over the city. Delicious breakfasts with home baked cakes. Centrally and quietly situated, an ideal spot for families, couples or groups. See More
Art Hotel Boston Turin (Porta Nuova Station) 87 rooms from £85Designer - On going museum and gallery, packed with art works from rare vinyl LPs, art books to classic and retro furnitureRestaurant - Creative and regional menu in the restuarant La Linea Continua, minimal design, art by Emillo ScanavinoSuites - Rooms are themed or named after artistsWifi
The facade of this 1911 building belies the interior - an ecletic explosion of modern and contemporary art. The public areas are filled with original works by Warhol, Aldo Mondino and Lichtenstien, amongst others. Bedrooms are equally original. Garden and good food complete the picture. See More
Piazza Vittorio Suites Turin (Centro) 13 rooms from £74Local exploring - This hotel has an unbeatable location for local exploring, set in close proximity to museums, monuments and restaurantsFamilies - These cosy self-catering apartments are great for families, with multiple bedrooms and comfortable living spacesCity Style - Set in a historic property that faces the main square in Turin, this hotel has lots of local city styleSights nearby - Visit the Piazza San Carlo, a bustling square in the heart of the city which plays host to the Monument to Emmanuel Philibert
This hotel offers contemporary apartments on Piazza Vittorio, the porticoed square which forms the lively centre of Turin. The stylish apartments have original exposed beams and homely soft furnishings - perfect for a comfortable family city break or discreet romantic getaway. See More
Le Serre Suites & Apartments Turin 15 rooms from £74B+B - A delicious breakfast is delivered to your suite or apartment each morningSpa - Guests can use the nearby partner spa for therapies and massgeBar - Honesty bar and wine cellarSights nearby - Just 10 mins from TurinRecommended by - Tablet
Attractive 19th century converted farm estate turned hotel offering comfortable apartments and suites. Peacefully located in rolling countryside, just ten minutes from Turin. Breakfast, spa, wine tasting, wine cellar, swimming pool. A flexible service for families or business travellers. See More
Hotel Victoria, Turin Turin 105 rooms from £95Romantic BreakSpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Cascina San Vito Turin 6 rooms from £117Country Escape - Set among the rolling hills of Turin in a charming heritage property, book this B&B for an idyllic escape to the countryRomantic Break - Offering beautifully appointed rooms and a peaceful country setting, book this hotel for a tranquil romantic breakLocal exploring - With Turin just ten minutes' from this hotel, there is plenty to see in your local exploringCooking classes - Take cooking classes in the B&B kitchen and learn how to prepare classic Italian dishes, from pasta to biscotti
This charming hotel is nestled in the rolling countryside just outside of Turin's city centre. The heritage property has undergone a full renovation and now offers stylish guestrooms with a blend of antiques and contemporary design pieces. Start the day in the sunny garden before sightseeing. See More
Palazzo del Carretto Turin Historic Centre 6 rooms from £129Romantic Break - The hotel's discreet private apartments, peppered with original contemporary art, are great for a chic and romantic city breakLocal exploring - This hotel's central location makes it a great base for local sightseeing; book exclusive city tours through the hotelCity Style - Set in a historic palazzo in the centre of Turin, this hotel has lots of local city charmGreat walks - Explore Turin's city centre on a long walk, stopping at the pretty Giardini Reali to relax in some green space afterwards
This luxury hotel offers suites and private apartments in a palazzo in the heart of Turin. Suites boast original hardwood floors and gilded wall reliefs, while the apartments are sleek and contemporary, with modern art and innovative design features - a stylish base for city sightseeing. See More
Townhouse 70 Turin 48 rooms from £155Room service - For those who don't wish to eat breakfast at the communal long table there is room serviceSit-out Terrace - Pretty internal courtyard terrace for cocktails, coffee and light snacksSights nearby - Walking distance from the Piazza Castello, Duomo and Turin shroudLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
The latest hotel in a chic franchise of urban bolt holes, in the centre of Turin, near the Piazza Castello. Effortlessly cool; a classical facade conceals the minimalist interior. Most rooms are junior suites, breakfast is served at the signature communal table. Pretty courtyard garden for drinks. See More
Grand Hotel Sitea Turin 120 rooms from £174Bar - The American bar and the pretty garden not only serve cocktails but afternoon tea with delectable pattiserieRestaurant - Carignano Restaurant offers tyipcal Piedmont dishes and a tasting menuSuites - Standard rooms to elegant, spacious classic suitesBusiness CentreRecommended by - CN Traveller
A household name, opened in 1925, many distinguished guests have stayed in this smart hotel from Nobel Prize winners to Louis Armstrong. Ideally suited for either business or pleasure. Centrally positioned behind Piazza San Carlo. The elegant Bar offers exquisite afternoon tea. A Turin institution. See More
NH Collection Piazza Carlina Turin 160 rooms from £233City Style - This historic landmark has had a hell of a refurbishment into a sleek design hotel with pillow menus and private balconiesLocal exploring - NH Collection Piazza Carlina sits right in Turin's historic centre, ideal for those wishing to get to know the citySights nearby - Stroll over to the Royal Palace, the Cathedral, Piazza Vittorio Veneto or check out the impressive Mole Antonelliana monumentLocal markets - Head over to the bustling Mercato di Porta Palazzo farmers marketRecommended by - Tablet