Search the best hotels in Noci
Noci is one of those Puglian villages where time seems to have stopped. Elegantly shaped, whitewashed houses line narrow streets, bright with geraniums, all centred around a beautiful church and piazza, where stone chimneys, loggia, staircases, benches and even a well, are all so carefully maintained so as to look as if recent additions. While blessed with charm, and a lot of churches, the centre of Noci isn’t where you’ll find our Gurus picks for the best places to stay in Noci, because in Noci they recommend you stay in a traditional Puglian trulli structure, in a leafy little garden of a resort just outside the centre of town.
As well as trulli, Noci has gnostre, which are cloister-like dwellings, though these aren’t fit for guests. In addition to Noci’s traditional architecture, and beautiful surrounds, leafy with oak, ash and walnut trees, this town is in the perfect spot for visiting Adriatic and the Ionian Sea - one about thirty kilometres in one direction, and the other thirty kilometres the other way. So our Gurus recommend the best places to stay in Noci for cyclists and hikers exploring Puglia. The rural views along roads and tracks are elevated by the sight of more trulli, and a regular supply of farm shops and vineyard cellar doors. There are more accommodation options outside of town: converted masseria and vineyard retreats.
Our Gurus are already painting the best places to stay in Noci as plum picking for foodies, but it gets even better: every November the Bacco nelle Gnostre is held, a food and wine event known for representing Puglia’s best. Expect plenty of farm produce, local meats, red wine and chestnuts, plus music, theatre, and all kinds of foodie events.
The Best Places to Stay in Noci
For the Trulli Experience
- The Abate Masseria & Resort offers a wonderful opportunity to stay in a traditional Puglia trulli, while also feeling like you’re staying in a resort. The eight rooms that make up the masseria are under the conical roofs of the traditional stone structures, but they’re all extremely spacious feeling with it, featuring living and sleeping space, arranged on beautiful tiled floors, between stone walls. So they’re very cool, even in the summer heat. The grounds are shady and lush, with tennis courts, and a beautiful pool surrounded by olive trees. There’s also a spa, and a restaurant that’s very popular with locals - the antipasti is apparently very impressive. Family sized suites and lots of space make this an excellent choice for families.
For a private apartment or villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- Noci’s closest international airport is Bari Airport, which is just under an hour away by road, but almost five hours by bus, via Matera. Brindisi Airport is ten minutes further by road, buttony about three hours by public transport. Bari Airport is served by Ryanair, and some flag carrier airlines, while Brindisi is also served by Ryanair and other European low-cost carriers.
- If you plan to hire a car, which we would advise if you want to get out and explore further afield, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Noci is landlocked within beautiful Puglia, which means it has a Mediterranean climate of hot, dry summers and mild winters, but without the actual ocean access to provide cooling breezes. So in the hottest months of July and August, Noci anticipates temperatures of 30+°C. November through February are the wettest months, but December is still very cheery with Christmas decorations. In spring the flowers are a wonder, and you’ll have the gradually warming centres to yourself, then there’s bustling summer, lasting until late September, and the quieter, but still very cheerful stretch between October and December, when the weather is still mild and you can still enjoy lunch on the terrace. So this really is a year round destination if you want it to be.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could expand your search to include the best places to stay in Puglia?
- Or include some of the best places to stay in nearby Nardò or Galatina too? or the best places to stay in Bari? or Brindisi?
- You might want to refine your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, and consider the the best beach hotels in Puglia? or the most romantic hotels in Puglia? or the best hotels in Puglia with a private beach?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Noci
Best Hotels in Noci
Abate Masseria & Resort Noci 8 rooms from £77Hideaway - Get away from it all amidst walnut and fig trees, wisteria and jasmine - a stunning traditional Puglia domed truilli.Foodies - A restaurant hugely popular with locals for the excellent antipasti.Value chic - Excellent value for this rural hideawaySights nearby - Just 9kms from the impressive caves of Castellana.Recommended by - Sawdays
A charming 17th century Trulli set amidst pretty grounds. Sympathetically converted rooms features arches, domed ceilings, white washed stone walls and simple traditional furnishings. A glorious spa, outdoor pool and locally acclaimed restaurant. A great choice for a traditional Puglian experience. See More