Search the best hotels in Noto
South eastern Sicily has a rough, dramatic landscape - mountain then ravine - but it's the eight gorgeous Baroque towns of the Val di Noto, sitting graceful and placid amongst the drama, which call out to travellers. They are all eye-catching - they sprang up together after a devastating earthquake in 1693 - but Noto is probably the finest of them all. A Baroque fantasy in honey-coloured stone, some of the best places to stay in Noto can be found in this centre.
What not to miss
- Noto is easily explored, most of its main sights are situated on its grand Corso Vittorio Emmanuele, along with two of the best gelato cafes.
- The green and elegant promenade has beautiful Baroque palaces and churches all along its length. So if you stroll beneath the palms you've no chance of missing the freshly restored cathedral, the pantomime of iron work figures on the balcony of the Palazzo Nicolaci di Villadorata, or the views from the top of the bell-tower of the church of San Carlo al Corso - just a few of the Corso's charms.
- Many of these Baroque beauties are just as lovely inside as out. Noto also boasts beautiful gardens, some of which have a very North African flavour - Noto is a bit Sicily-meets-Granada - so there are plenty of places to enjoy your gelato alfresco.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Noto range from charming boutiques in the heart of the town to villas hidden amongst the olive groves on the outskirts.
The best places to stay in Noto
For a historic stay
- Seven Rooms Villadorata is right in the heart of Noto amongst beautiful architecture and Baroque balconies. This B&B occupies one of Noto's treasured 18th Century palazzos,and has views over the cathedral.
For a relaxing stay
- Just outside Noto, the Masseria degli Ulivi's setting amongst olive groves above Noto, offers amazing views and excellent access to the town. Rooms, including some triples and quadruples, are modern and elegant and the surroundings are serene with beach and town adjacent.
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to either Comiso (49 miles) or Catania (55 miles).
- If you are looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Sicily is in the summer months, when the temperature sits comfortably in the mid twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Noto
Masseria degli Ulivi 34 rooms from £96Noto
A serene hillside hotel surrounded by olive groves in a remote setting above Noto. Bedrooms (plus some triples and quadruples) are perfect for families and groups, all decorated with contemporary elegance. Fabulous infinity pool and excellent restaurant. Close to beaches and sights nearby.Sights nearby - Palazzolo Acreide and the delights of the World Heritage Site NotoBirdwatching - Wetlands around Vendicari.Remote - Off the beaten track.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape
La Dépendance 5 rooms from £132Noto (Sicily)
This elegant hotel was constructed from the ruins of a former palazzo in Noto, Sicily. Suites are spacious and individually styled, ranging from contemporary to baroque designs. Dine at the hotel's modern Sicilian restaurant, A'Mastra, where cultural events are also held. A charming heritage hotel.City Style - Located in a heritage building in Noto, this hotel's original palazzo features give it classic Sicilian styleLocal exploring - Located in the the historic centre of the city, this hotel is the perfect base for local exploring in NotoRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy hotel rooms and the delicious Sicilian dishes at the restaurantSights nearby - Visit the nearby Cattedrale di Noto, a church built in the classic Sicilian baroque styleRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
San Carlo Suites 5 rooms from £147Noto (Sicily)
This charming B&B is located in the heart of the heritage city of Noto. Rooms boast tiled floors and are dressed in a blend of traditional and contemporary design; the best suites have Baroque-style balconies where you can enjoy breakfast with views of the Basilica of San Nicolò. A delightful hotel.City Style - Situated within a heritage building with lots of original features, this hotel is all about Sicilian styleLocal exploring - Located in the centre of Noto, this hotel makes a great base for local sightseeing in and around the cityRomantic Break - Book a room with a private balcony for added romance at this charming hotelSights nearby - Visit the Cathedral of Noto, a reconstructed, 18th-century Sicilian baroque cathedral with a neoclassical dome
Seven Rooms Villadorata 3 rooms from £168Noto
A historic building in Noto's medieval centre. Grand, beautiful architecture, frescoes on the ceilings, Baroque balconies, and ornate decoration. An elegant B&B with wonderful views. very romantic, also family friendly.Sailing - With or without a skipper can be arrangedLocal markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Gagliardi Boutique Hotel 10 rooms from £174Noto SR
An elegant small hotel set in an 18th-century palazzo. The palatial rooms feature ornate furnishings, marble flooring and French windows while the bathrooms are indulgent and contemporary. With an exclusive roof terrace and a prime location, this is hard to beat.Local exploring - With its walking tours and central location, its an ideal spot from which to discover this charming Sicilian townFamilies - Offering child-minding facilities and family suites, this is a family-friendly choiceGreat walks - The hotel organises walking tours designed to reveal the best of the city's Baroque architectureSights nearby - Explore the UNESCO listed Val di NotoRecommended by - I Escape
Dimora Delle Balze 12 rooms from £345Noto
A beautifully converted 'masseria' situated in a pristine part of rural Sicily. Chic bedrooms perfectly mix the old and new with tiled floors, stone walls, contemporary fabrics and a few choice artefacts. Expect a glorious pool and plenty of quiet spots to curl up with a book.Hideaway - An idyllic hideaway in glorious rural Scicily.Sights nearby - Take a tour straight from the hotel of the ancient city of Noto.Great walks - Embark on long scenic walks starting straight from the property.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Tablet
Country House Villadorata 8 rooms from £489Noto (Sicily)
This guesthouse is nestled within a vineyard in Noto, a city in the Sicilian countryside. Rooms are modern, dressed in a pleasing pastel palette with luxurious linens; a private residence with a separate pool is available for ultimate discretion. Eat at the organic restaurant; a delightful retreat.Country Escape - Set within the rolling hills of the Sicilian countryside, this hotel makes a great escape to the countryHideaway - Set outside of the city on a private vineyard, this hotel is the perfect hideaway holiday destinationRomantic Break - The serene natural setting and the pretty outdoor pool score highly with couplesSights nearby - Visit the Cattedrale di Noto, a beautiful example of Sicilian Baroque architectureRecommended by - Tablet