- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Pantelleria
A tiny Italian island sitting in the Strait of Sicily, Pantelleria is closer to Tunisia than Italy. Indeed on a clear day, this volcanic island offers views of this near North African neighbour. Its history is one of conflict and conquest the result of which has seen the island moulded by Roman, Arabic, Sicilian and Turkish influences. From hot springs and mud baths to Bronze age villages there's a lot to see and explore on Pantelleria. Our selection of the best places to stay in Pantelleria harness the island's abundant natural beauty.
What not to miss
- Trekking is a big activity on the island with the volcanic landscape offering a number of peaks to explore. The biggest is Montagna Grande which rises to 843m.
- Explore Specchio di Venere, a large nature reserve on the island that has a lake in a volcanic crater. A populal spot for swimming, mudbaths and natural springs.
- Visit the museum at Syracuse which focuses on the rich archaeological heritage of the island.
- To the southeast, in the district known as the Cunelie, are many tombs known as Sesi. Built from blocks of lava, they consist of round or eliptical towers with sepulchral chambers in them.
Our selection of the best places to stay on Pantelleria are ideal bases from which to explore the island's rich charm and heritage.
The best places to stay in Pantelleria
For an intimate stay
- Pantelleria Dream is made up of charming stone cottages that offer guests a private spot from which to enjoy the views out over the Tyrrhenian. When your not exploring the island, enjoy delicious food or relaxing by the hotel's lovely pool.
For stunning views
- Simple and charming, Club Levante is a great spot to relax and soak up the glorious views out over the sea. A great launchpad from which to explore the unique island of Pantelleria.
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Pantelleria is service by Pantelleria Airport that receives flights from Italian hubs such as Rome and Milan.
- Ferries can be taken from Sicily (Trapani) to Pantelleria.
- If you are looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars
- Pantelleria can get very hot in the height of summer, so we recommend visiting either from May to June or September to October.
Still not sure?
- Look at our list of the best places to stay on Pantelleria.
- Have a look at the options on nearby Sicily.
- Alternatively contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Pantelleria
Sikelia 20 rooms from £409Pantelleria (TP)
A chic luxury hotel hidden behind bright white-washed walls in the quiet hills of Pantelleria. The golden doors set the tone for this deluxe and beautifully designed space. Suites are spacious and contemporary. A fine dining restaurant mixes Italian cuisine with Arab influences to great effect.Hideaway - A sophisticated hideaway on a quiet and beautiful island.Great walks - Find miles of hiking trails starting straight from the property.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Pantelleria Dream 46 rooms from £139Kamma, Pantelleria
An unusual hotel made up of sprawling stone villas on a natural island between Sicily and Tunisia. Fabulously spacious stone cottages with terraces set on the hillside overlooking the ocean. Infinity pool, delicious food, and exploring the natural reserve of the island - Robinson Crusoe style.Back to NatureViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakSights nearby - Middle Bronze Age village.Recommended by - I Escape
Club Levante 13 rooms from £114Pantelleria
A beautiful traditional stone property with outstanding sea views. The simple design of the rooms highlights the property's natural character: exposed stone walls, arched doorways, secluded terraces. A bar, infinity pool and massages on request complete the picture of idyllic laid back island life.Views - Views overlooking the Elephant Arch (an amazing rock formation which you can swim under) and over the MedGreat walks - The island is ideal for walking - explore the surrounding hills or meander around a salt water lakeHideaway - If an island escape wasn't enough solitude the secluded setting of the property should do itSwimming Pool - Outdoor infinity poolRecommended by - Sawdays