- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Porto Cervo
About Porto Cervo
In the 60s The Aga Khan and a few friends bought a strip of paradise on northeastern Sardinia with the plan to make it into a luxurious holiday destination. And the Costa Smeralda, named for its beautiful bluey-green waters, was ‘born’. Yachtie favourite Porto Cervo became the unofficial capital of the region, a place of blended culture and architecture which is very glossy, but not particularly Sardinian. Fashionable and exclusive as it is, our Guru’s list of the best places to stay in Porto Cervo are definitely affordable.
What not to miss
- Obviously the marina is quite something, this is where some of the world’s most impressive and opulent mega-yachts spend some of the year. The beaches are known the world over for being pale and perfect.
- The architecture is a mixture of Italian, Spanish, Greek and even North African styles. The beautifully kept streets and gardens may seem a little too perfect, but that’s what you expect in one of the world’s most expensive locations.
- If all the luxury and gloss gets a bit much, head inland to Arzachena for the authentic Sardinian experience. Just a few kilometres behind the Costa this small rural village has a pretty centre and beautiful views of the Costa Smeralda.
Our selectio of the best places to stay in Porto Cervo will give people a great base from which to explore the surrounding coastline.
The best places to stay in Porto Cervo
For clifftop views
- Affordable, with beautiful sea views the Hotel Balocco is a charming boutique-style hotel perched on a clifftop overlooking some of the most beautiful beaches on the Costa Smerelda. There are tropical gardens and a separate pool for the kids.
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Porto Cervo is Oblia (17 miles).
- Hiring a car gives you great freedom to explore the Sardinian surroundings. For the lowest rates, visit out online partner Rentalcars.
- If you are in search of sun, the best time to visit Porto Cervo is from June to September whern the temperature ranges from 21ºC to 26ºC.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Porto Cervo
Hotel Balocco 40 rooms from £149Porto Cervo (Costa Smeralda)
Charming boutique hotel in Costa Smeralda. Light, chic and specious rooms with marble bathrooms and beautiful sea views. Tropical gardens with seating areas and separate adult and kid pools. A great base for exploring the beautiful beaches of northern Sardinia.Swimming Pool - Outdoor with separate kids poolHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Great walks - Good for walkers.